IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

JT and Delaney are in Front Royal, VA. After graduating from St. Andrews he didn't get into the PhD program he was shooting for, and ended up back with Veritas Press.

Justice had been living in the Nashville area (working as a bartender), but just recently moved back to Texas (per his Instagram). He also spent the 2021 fishing season working in Alaska, and apparently plans to return this year as well.

Liberty is in San Antonio, and based on her LinkedIn, seems to be doing elder care with Beall under the banner of "Phillips Enterprises". Not sure is she's living on her own or not.

Pretty sure Jubilee and her new husband Adam are in Sanford, Fl.

Faith is in San Antonio, still at the apartment with Beall & the family (based on her Instagram), and working as a waitress.

I don't know much about Honor, last I was aware he was still living with Beall & the family in SA and doing Muay Thai.

Providence just turned 18 a few weeks ago, so depending on their homeschool schedule he may still be finishing up high school.

Virginia turned 15 in October.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

6 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Liberty is in San Antonio, and based on her LinkedIn, seems to be doing elder care with Beall under the banner of "Phillips Enterprises".

Interesting.  I always thought there was money to be made in the elder care/companion business, rather than working for an existing company.  Maybe she  enough experience to confidently move into the business.  Good to see Beall moving forward with that because her husband isn't being much of a provider. 

Based on their doing end of life visits with dying WWII vets, I wonder if they'll move into hospice as well.  San Antonio has a huge military and retired military presence. 

Also, where is Doug Phillips? 

• Upvote 7

A patriarch’s wife and daughter running their own business? While the patriarch himself is MIA? Goodness, how the mighty have fallen.

As I have said before, I would be so much more sympathetic towards them (Beall and kids) if they were honest about what happened. If they were honest about the fact that Doug ditched them, they all had to get jobs to support themselves, they live in a small apartment, they drive old, beaten up cars, they have no money, that their dining room table education did not prepare them for real life. It’s so fitting that the man who was so obsessed with “women and children first” did exactly what the men on the Titanic did: trampled the women and children and “lower class” people underfoot in order to save himself. All that talk about responsibility, all that talk about leadership, about authority, and it was all a con. As soon as push came to shove, he ran away.

I am never going to understand why Beall has never addressed any of this. Or even mentioned it in passing. She has let Doug get away with it - all of it. Grooming a young girl, molesting a young girl, ditching the family, running them into debt, literally running away with a burlesque troop, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the entire patriarch message was about power and marketing, not conviction.

DPIAT, but Beall continues to enable him. BPIAT as well.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I don't blame the kids for not making public statements about their father, they didn't have a choice in their childhood and how they were raised, and I think they're entitled to some privacy re: their feelings about that childhood and how their lives have played out in contrast to it. Beall on the other hand was certainly complicit in VF's teachings and I think she should address how far she's diverged from following them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

I wish Beall was more honest and upfront with her mistakes. The kids can do whatever they want. But Beall needs to own up to it in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

10 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

JT and Delaney are in Front Royal, VA. After graduating from St. Andrews he didn't get into the PhD program he was shooting for, and ended up back with Veritas Press.

That's interesting. I wonder if he is going to pursue a PhD program elsewhere. They seem to have settled in Virginia for now, and I know that Delaney has admitted they weren't planning to settle down and thought they'd be traveling more after their time in Scotland. Covid and having two small kids probably had a role in that. 

I agree that the kids owe the public nothing regarding their disgusting toolish father; I truly hope they are all doing well. But Beall disgusts me. I realize that a lot of people have sympathy for her because being married to Dougie was probably not as much fun as Doug thinks it was. But she loved her place as Queen Bee of Vision Forum, and she most certainly enjoyed traveling on VF's dime (or rather, poor families that were giving VF money they didn't have). And now she is pathetically pretending that her husband never left their family in shambles, and she is a happily married woman. I have zero sympathy for her. YMMV.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Beall has also abandoned her public instagram, not posting on it for many months.  She's far past the implosion of VF and has been making her own way in the world for years so I give her credit for going out and doing what needed done to support herself and her children.  

But yes,  it's my pet peeve when adamant and über sanctimonious fundys who held themselves up as Christian role models do a major course correction on past beliefs and pretend like nothing happened, but unfortunately we can't force them to spill the tea. 

Here's my other pet peeve: Beall and Doug have college degrees, and Doug received a law degree.  Many of their kids are struggling to make a living, there's still no professional trajectory for the females besides marriage, that's for sure. 

One son is an adventurer; based on his work experiences and preferences for long distance hiking and working on a fishing boat in Alaska as well as bar tending, he's an action oriented guy and college would probably have never worked.  If he has talent as a writer, he could make his way in life, but that's not an easy path. He seems to be a very hard worker who has no fear of life experiences. 

The married son w/two kids and an advanced degree has a job through nepotism (the Sproul publishing arm?) and the job is not in his field.  

The married daughter is also being supported through School O'Sproul since her husband works there.  

The other kids should all be in college, community college, SOMETHING, working towards an applied degree path so they can support themselves in the work-a-day world and that just doesn't seem to be happening. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Woods Nymph said:

But she loved her place as Queen Bee of Vision Forum, and she most certainly enjoyed traveling on VF's dime (or rather, poor families that were giving VF money they didn't have). And now she is pathetically pretending that her husband never left their family in shambles, and she is a happily married woman. I have zero sympathy for her.

Same here. She also took Doug's side completely in the sexual assault case, saying on her blog "Save your sympathy for real victims."

ETA: And let's not forget that DPIART actually confessed to the abuse. See the statement below from his "church" at the time, the Boerne Christian Assembly:

BCA Statement on DPIART.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, Woods Nymph said:

...being married to Dougie was probably not as much fun as Doug thinks it was.

This is a succinct and brilliant statement!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

5 hours ago, bea said:

I am never going to understand why Beall has never addressed any of this. Or even mentioned it in passing. She has let Doug get away with it - all of it. Grooming a young girl, molesting a young girl, ditching the family, running them into debt, literally running away with a burlesque troop, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the entire patriarch message was about power and marketing, not conviction.

I’ve wondered the same thing, and all I can think is that there might have been some financial shenanigans with VF and Doug and Beall, and that Doug would throw her under the bus if she spoke. Wasn’t there some question as to where the VF Ministry’s money went when the whole thing closed down?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

there might have been some financial shenanigans with VF and Doug and Beall, and that Doug would throw her under the bus if she spoke. Wasn’t there some question as to where the VF Ministry’s money went when the whole thing closed down?

I don't think there were any public examinations or revelations but IIRC the finances for VFI & VFM were tangled together so completely that only an IRS enrolled agent might be able to separate them.  For example, did Doug & Beall declare the value of their residence on their federal taxes -- the house that James Leininger "donated" to VFM? Who paid for the utilities? The property taxes? Were those things declared if Doug & Beall were NOT paying them?

Then there's the question of things like the many trans-Pacific and trans-Atlantic airline trips Doug, Beall + 8 kids took as well as travel to the various "Faith and Freedom" events. Those things had to have cost thousands of dollars over the years. Given Dougie's alleged salary in 2008 during VF's heyday (as seen in the following IRS 990), I doubt he could have paid for the family's airfares on even one of those trips if he was really self-supporting. I suspect a lot of that money -- and the $$$ for the expensive camera equipment -- got siphoned off from either VFM or VFI or both. 

1729579485_VFM2008IRS990.thumb.png.3792c2b5eda79ccc512357e7a1d7ea32.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

I will forever roll my eyes at Be-All’s snippy little message to Lourdes urging her to drop her suit, which would be sure to “damage her marriage prospects.” As if “marriage prospects” are of vital importance to a young  woman in the 21st century. Meanwhile, Lourdes did get married, decided it wasn’t for her, had a STEM major for a while, then started studying fashion. Lourdes is out there living her life and seems to be having fun. And Be-All has none of the benefits of marriage and all the gruntwork being a SAHW/M entails.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Hane said:

I will forever roll my eyes at Be-All’s snippy little message to Lourdes urging her to drop her suit, which would be sure to “damage her marriage prospects.” As if “marriage prospects” are of vital importance to a young  woman in the 21st century. Meanwhile, Lourdes did get married, decided it wasn’t for her, had a STEM major for a while, then started studying fashion. Lourdes is out there living her life and seems to be having fun. And Be-All has none of the benefits of marriage and all the gruntwork being a SAHW/M entails.

Wel, this is the woman by who, with Doug Phillips, tried physically to restrain Phillips’ adult sister from leaving their house.  She was headed for Europe to continue her opera singing career (IIRC) and Be-all and Doug told her to repent, wear skirts and concentrate on becoming a (dependant) wife. 

Leopards’ spots don’t change. Fade, possibly. But they don’t change. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Did we ever get a source on that opera singer incident? I've seen it mentioned several times as fact, but I haven't been able to track down who first shared it. Just curious!

• Upvote 5

I personally think it’s hysterical that DPIARBT’s sister Italianized her name to Allessandra Fillippi.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Hane said:

I personally think it’s hysterical that DPIARBT’s sister Italianized her name to Allessandra Fillippi.

I'd assume it was a professional decision to further her career as an opera singer... 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'd assume it was a professional decision to further her career as an opera singer... 

Yes, I agree, but *this* 100% Italian-descended person think it smacks of cultural appropriation! I mean, she’s a Southern WASP.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

It probably helped to distance herself from her cult leader brother too, but it is funny how both brother and sister ended in europe with a fake name doesnt it? I wonder how they grew up, if they had a normal childhood or what was going on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I think Alessandra is actually Filippi-Rossi, yes?  “Red Phillips?” Because she’s a natural ginger IIRC. Fun. I also wish k recalled the source but I do remember that at the time it seemed impeccable.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, Howl said:

Has anyone seen any signs the all-out cultural attack on males and masculinity?  Anyone on the front lines torching these snowflakes with extremely large and  hypersensitive egos?  What this is really all about is society not genuflecting to Doug's patriarchal beliefs and bloated sense of superiority. 

And Doug, WHO CANNOT SUPPORT HIS WIFE, holding himself up as the epitome of a man's man while basically hiding from the world is more than I can take.  Of course, I'm a fragile earthen vessel easily swayed by emotions, but still...

I've seen signs of an all-out cultural attack on LGBTQ+ people, could that be it?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

4 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I've seen signs of an all-out cultural attack on LGBTQ+ people, could that be it?

It's grim in Texas.  Discriminatory policies against trans high school athletes has been codified into law and I fear for the continuing marital status of my LEGALLY married stepson and his husband. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

It's grim in Texas.  Discriminatory policies against trans high school athletes has been codified into law and I fear for the continuing marital status of my LEGALLY married stepson and his husband. 

Between anti-science health policies, burning books and threatening to fine and jail librarians, rewriting history and threatening to jail teachers for teaching, enabling bounty hunters to go after doctors, legislating end of reproductive rights, gerrymandering and legalizing discrimination, who would want to live in Texas? We will surely witness an exodus of teachers, doctors, librarians and industries.

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Between anti-science health policies, burning books and threatening to fine and jail librarians, rewriting history and threatening to jail teachers for teaching, enabling bounty hunters to go after doctors, legislating end of reproductive rights, gerrymandering and legalizing discrimination, who would want to live in Texas? We will surely witness an exodus of teachers, doctors, librarians and industries.

I have friends in Austin who are fighting the good fight, but I tend to agree with you!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I have friends in Austin who are fighting the good fight

I live in Austin. There are Democrats throughout Texas and we live normal lives.  The Trump/White Nationalist/Authoritarian cancer has spread throughout the US, don't think it's just in Texas.   

And why cede territory?   This is a state that had Molly Ivns, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan. There are numerous Democratic strongholds throughout the state. Texas state politics are extremely Republican due 100% to  gerrymandering and not always because of a Republican majority. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic