IGNORED

Ivanka and Jared 3: Treason Barbie and Ken

GreyhoundFan

Trump News Network?

1. Not surprised. They are reverting to their original 2016 plan.

2. No wonder he’s been railing against CNN for the past 5 years— it sounds too much like TNN.

3. Never going to happen. All that money that’s supposedly for TNN is going have to go to their legal defense fund (and won’t Ivanka be surprised when daddy confiscates it all and leaves his spawn to fend for themselves)

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

What's next - BMs encased in plastic?

That is only acceptable if it is ABBA poop and you are a fabulous Queen! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Howl said:

In other words, she was told she’s not welcome. ?

• Upvote 12

53 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

In other words, she was told she’s not welcome. ?

Most of DC has been telling her she’s unwelcome for the last four years. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

19 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is the sort of thing that is going to KEEP HAPPENING. I haven't heard much about it - but really. Think about it. Think about all Trump's weekends and vacations at his resorts including Mar a Lago. Think about how much the Secret Service has had to spend for rooms, food, golf cart rental, travel, etc. Thousands of dollars every time, right? All straight into Trump's bank account.

That's going to be ALL THE TIME NOW. 24/7/365 until he dies. Every single day, taxpayer money going into Trump's coffers, as we pay to protect him while he hops from Trump property to Trump property. 

I'm hoping there's a way to take that away from him, but with McConnell being the tortoise he is, it seems unlikely. If we're really lucky, though, either the feds or NY state will manage to find a way to reduce those costs somewhat. Tax dollars would still be paying for his upkeep, but it'd probably be cheaper with him in a correctional facility somewhere.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

This is the sort of thing that is going to KEEP HAPPENING. I haven't heard much about it - but really. Think about it. Think about all Trump's weekends and vacations at his resorts including Mar a Lago. Think about how much the Secret Service has had to spend for rooms, food, golf cart rental, travel, etc. Thousands of dollars every time, right? All straight into Trump's bank account.

That's going to be ALL THE TIME NOW. 24/7/365 until he dies. Every single day, taxpayer money going into Trump's coffers, as we pay to protect him while he hops from Trump property to Trump property. 

I'm hoping there's a way to take that away from him, but with McConnell being the tortoise he is, it seems unlikely. If we're really lucky, though, either the feds or NY state will manage to find a way to reduce those costs somewhat. Tax dollars would still be paying for his upkeep, but it'd probably be cheaper with him in a correctional facility somewhere.

It's almost a done deal that they are going to bring stripping all of his perks of having occupied the office away from him, as well as invoking the 14th Amendment, banning him from ever holding public office again.  And there is a significant chance of it actually happening. McConnell has already been signalling he might vote against Trump at the impeachment trial. He will stall and drag his feet, but that's just to antagonize Biden's administration appointments. In the end, he'll vote to convict. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Why does Ivanka have Secret Service protections anyway? I thought it only covered the President's children until they turn 16. She is my age. Not a dependent. 

Trump could relinquish the service, like Nixon did. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Why does Ivanka have Secret Service protections anyway? I thought it only covered the President's children until they turn 16. She is my age. Not a dependent. 

Are you kidding?  Trump give away a free protection service?  Nope.  He's a big old grifter.  Unless they strip it from him, he'll keep the Secret Service guys until he dies -- or flees the country.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Xan said:

Are you kidding?  Trump give away a free protection service?  Nope.  He's a big old grifter.  Unless they strip it from him, he'll keep the Secret Service guys until he dies -- or flees the country.

He might not like having them around.  He's arrogant enough to think that he doesn't need protection because everyone loves him so much (as he stands behind bulletproof glass, riling up a crowd to go commit an insurrection.) 

Had Obama not signed the Former President's Protection Act, he would only be eligible for 10 years. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

The current president or head of DHS can  assign Secret Service protection for anyone. But normally while president, the immediate family, no matter what age, has protection. Once out of office, offspring of the former president only receive protection until his or her 16th birthday.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I've seen several references to "The Help" today because of Ivanka's Hilly Holbrooke notions about restroom use. Of course, one of the things that came out of Hilly's nastiness was Minny's pie. Someone needs to make Treason Barbie and Ken a pie.

• Haha 8

58 minutes ago, Xan said:

If he wants to leave the country for parts unknown I could see him wanting to ditch the feds.  OTOH, there's the grift - would he get his choice of officers?  Are they obligated to protect his "privacy", regardless of what he may be up to?

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The current president or head of DHS can  assign Secret Service protection for anyone. But normally while president, the immediate family, no matter what age, has protection. Once out of office, offspring of the former president only receive protection until his or her 16th birthday.

What if Melania decides she no longer enjoys the company of her husband and leaves with Barron?  Can their entitlement to protection be considered separately from the soon-to-be-ex-President's; i.e., could Melania choose to stay protected even if hubby didn't?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

What if Melania decides she no longer enjoys the company of her husband and leaves with Barron?  Can their entitlement to protection be considered separately from the soon-to-be-ex-President's; i.e., could Melania choose to stay protected even if hubby didn't?

Yes, she could, unless she remarries. Upon remarriage, she'd lose protection.

• Thank You 5

What obligations do the Secret Service have if they observe someone under their protection breaking the law?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

What obligations do the Secret Service have if they observe someone under their protection breaking the law?

I think they were posed to testify in Nixon's hearings and are bound by the same code of ethics that all executive branch personnel are bound by, to report criminal activity to the Attorney General.  There have been some ex-secret service agents who wrote books about what they've seen, though I'm not sure about the credibility of some of the reported stories (LBJ constantly having sex on the Oval Office couch is one that is horribly entrenched in my memory for life.)  

• Thank You 5

Thanks, @Maggie Mae.  I guess we can add that to the list of reasons why Trump might decline protection.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Thanks, @Maggie Mae.  I guess we can add that to the list of reasons why Trump might decline protection.

He probably would try to get them to sign an NDA

• Haha 8

Treason Barbie and Ken apparently need not apply at an exclusive country club.

Following her “American patriots” tweet, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner “need not apply” to the upscale Indian Creek Country Club near their $30 million plot of land on the exclusive Florida island nicknamed “The Billionaire’s Bunker.”

The island community — one of the wealthiest in the US — has just 29 residences, and residents include Julio Iglesias, Carl Icahn, Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen — but owning a home there doesn’t mean you get automatic membership in the country club.

A local source sniped, “You have to be nominated and make a formal application. But it only takes one member to object against any new member, and many members are objecting, particularly after the events at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

“The Indian Creek Country Club members are very picky and the word is that Javanka need not apply.”

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4