• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

TheGleeTeam
1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Like how are the families going to branch out?

The whole "not branching out" thing is a feature not a bug for families like the Bontragers. These other families are known entities and have similar beliefs so it's perfect in their eyes. Sure, they want to reach more people with their "ministries", but it's much safer to have your kids marry into families who fit in the same little box. It feels especially weird to me when the families aren't particularly geographically close (I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!).

NancyDrewFan1989
17 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

The whole "not branching out" thing is a feature not a bug for families like the Bontragers. These other families are known entities and have similar beliefs so it's perfect in their eyes. Sure, they want to reach more people with their "ministries", but it's much safer to have your kids marry into families who fit in the same little box. It feels especially weird to me when the families aren't particularly geographically close (I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!).

By branching out I meant when the Bontrager grandkids are going to be at marrying age. Like will Jubilee Bontrager (Carson and Lina’s daughter) end up marrying Simon Peter Maxwell (John and Christ’s niece, Axtons cousin, and the son of Chris and Anna Marie Maxwell). There would be no blood relation and the families already know each other well. That is what I meant. I have a feeling something like that is going to happen within the Bontrager (and Neely) families at some point. 

TheGleeTeam
4 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

By branching out I meant when the Bontrager grandkids are going to be at marrying age. Like will Jubilee Bontrager (Carson and Lina’s daughter) end up marrying Simon Peter Maxwell (John and Christ’s niece, Axtons cousin, and the son of Chris and Anna Marie Maxwell). There would be no blood relation and the families already know each other well. That is what I meant. I have a feeling something like that is going to happen within the Bontrager (and Neely) families at some point. 

Oh interesting, that makes sense....it does seem likely! Especially with families that have so many kids.

JermajestyDuggar
44 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I truly hope that in 20 years, many of the children will have left the fold and make a match for themselves outside of fundieland. 

Bluebirdbluebell
1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I truly hope that in 20 years, many of the children will have left the fold and make a match for themselves outside of fundieland. 

Amen!

(Or decide that being single suits them and they don't want to get married.)

Themanda Duggar
5 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

(I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!)

Before the BuckingHale situation came to be, the young Hales lived  an ongoing nightmare.  There’s a book about their family called Pilgrim’s Wilderness, if you really want to dig in.

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Does anyone in Minnesota actually get married in February???  I know y'all are hardy folks, but winter blizzards seem like a real issue

The winter nights are a lot warmer if you’re not sleeping alone.

NancyDrewFan1989
13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same here, if we are all here posting on FJ about them in 20 years I hope at least a couple have left the fold like the Dillards.

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Amen!

(Or decide that being single suits them and they don't want to get married.)

Too bad, Allison was forced into marriage. She really did seem to enjoy being independent and single. I can't help but pity the crap out of her. This sounds really mean, but I strangely foresee a divorce in her future. Maybe not for a few years, but down the road once her parents have passed away (which sounds awful). 

JermajestyDuggar

Marlin said in the comments that the wedding is set for March. Still too cold to have an outdoor reception. So we can expect a superspreader event. Let’s hope new cases are down by then.