IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Like how are the families going to branch out?

The whole "not branching out" thing is a feature not a bug for families like the Bontragers. These other families are known entities and have similar beliefs so it's perfect in their eyes. Sure, they want to reach more people with their "ministries", but it's much safer to have your kids marry into families who fit in the same little box. It feels especially weird to me when the families aren't particularly geographically close (I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!).

• Upvote 11

17 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

The whole "not branching out" thing is a feature not a bug for families like the Bontragers. These other families are known entities and have similar beliefs so it's perfect in their eyes. Sure, they want to reach more people with their "ministries", but it's much safer to have your kids marry into families who fit in the same little box. It feels especially weird to me when the families aren't particularly geographically close (I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!).

By branching out I meant when the Bontrager grandkids are going to be at marrying age. Like will Jubilee Bontrager (Carson and Lina’s daughter) end up marrying Simon Peter Maxwell (John and Christ’s niece, Axtons cousin, and the son of Chris and Anna Marie Maxwell). There would be no blood relation and the families already know each other well. That is what I meant. I have a feeling something like that is going to happen within the Bontrager (and Neely) families at some point. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

By branching out I meant when the Bontrager grandkids are going to be at marrying age. Like will Jubilee Bontrager (Carson and Lina’s daughter) end up marrying Simon Peter Maxwell (John and Christ’s niece, Axtons cousin, and the son of Chris and Anna Marie Maxwell). There would be no blood relation and the families already know each other well. That is what I meant. I have a feeling something like that is going to happen within the Bontrager (and Neely) families at some point. 

Oh interesting, that makes sense....it does seem likely! Especially with families that have so many kids.

• Upvote 7

44 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I truly hope that in 20 years, many of the children will have left the fold and make a match for themselves outside of fundieland. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 18

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I truly hope that in 20 years, many of the children will have left the fold and make a match for themselves outside of fundieland. 

Amen!

(Or decide that being single suits them and they don't want to get married.)

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

(I think I need to read up on the BuckingHale situation though!)

Before the BuckingHale situation came to be, the young Hales lived  an ongoing nightmare.  There’s a book about their family called Pilgrim’s Wilderness, if you really want to dig in.

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Does anyone in Minnesota actually get married in February???  I know y'all are hardy folks, but winter blizzards seem like a real issue

The winter nights are a lot warmer if you’re not sleeping alone.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same here, if we are all here posting on FJ about them in 20 years I hope at least a couple have left the fold like the Dillards.

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Amen!

(Or decide that being single suits them and they don't want to get married.)

Too bad, Allison was forced into marriage. She really did seem to enjoy being independent and single. I can't help but pity the crap out of her. This sounds really mean, but I strangely foresee a divorce in her future. Maybe not for a few years, but down the road once her parents have passed away (which sounds awful). 

• Upvote 8

Marlin said in the comments that the wedding is set for March. Still too cold to have an outdoor reception. So we can expect a superspreader event. Let’s hope new cases are down by then. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

On 12/1/2020 at 4:38 PM, Caroline said:

And Marlin won't be talking about the 'pandemic' and will be on to the vaccine - the 'mark of the beast' vaccine.  Can't wait.

Don't tease us with a good time 

Anyone wanna start the 'Marlin Bontrager Wedding Rant BINGO Board'?

23 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

True, but I just find it disturbing. Like how are the families going to branch out? It just seems a messed up. 

Keeping the marriage pool small is how fundies social distance 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

Oh interesting, that makes sense....it does seem likely! Especially with families that have so many kids.

True, but the fact that the circle is so small and keeps getting smaller is concerning. I understand them wanting to keep their marriages in the faith, but look at the Bates and Duggars, so far, none of them have had a child who has married into the same family as a sibling. Having more than one child marry into the same family seems to start being more common. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Marlin said in the comments that the wedding is set for March. Still too cold to have an outdoor reception. So we can expect a superspreader event. Let’s hope new cases are down by then. 

Especially in Minnesota. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Especially in Minnesota. 

And they wouldn't take the vaccine even if it was available by then.  All the more for me, I say.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

And they wouldn't take the vaccine even if it was available by then.  All the more for me, I say.

I totally agree. Like many anti-Vaxxers, they will just rely on the herd immunity provided by everyone else getting the vaccine. And then they will smugly declare, “see I’m fine. I didn’t need to be injected with poison!”

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Angry 2
  • I Agree 4

They will continue to act like they know better than everyone else, even when the vaccine is released & widely used. 

Like now, they say facemasks don't work because if they did, covid wouldn't still be a problem 9 months later. Completely ignoring the fact that the only reason we're still living in this hell is because they & people like them refuse to f*cking wear a mask or stay home because "rights".  When only half the population does something to help a situation, the situation cannot be solved. 

When the vaccine is rolled out and people get it, they will continue to claim conspiracy because they won't get the vaccine, but others will. So, as is always the case with anti-vaxxers, they will be protected by the intelligence and consideration of others. 

The models I've seen for distribution / priority put me in one of the last groups to get it. I am not immunocompromised and have no known health issues. I am not over 65 or 60 or even 55. I don't work in the medical field or with the public at all. The last model I saw had 9 possible phases, and I am fall in the 9th phase. Of course none of this is a given or anything, but the fact is I don't fall into a high risk category and will be far down the list to receive it. 

But, I will get one. Eventually. And until then, I will wear a mask, keep my distance, and do whatever I can to protect those around me as well as myself. 

And in doing so, I'll be protecting the morons who cry & whine about their their rights & conspiracies. Aren't they lucky little f*ckers. Lazy ones too that everyone else takes care of their fragile little selves. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They will continue to act like they know better than everyone else, even when the vaccine is released & widely used. 

Like now, they say facemasks don't work because if they did, covid wouldn't still be a problem 9 months later. Completely ignoring the fact that the only reason we're still living in this hell is because they & people like them refuse to f*cking wear a mask or stay home because "rights".  When only half the population does something to help a situation, the situation cannot be solved. 

When the vaccine is rolled out and people get it, they will continue to claim conspiracy because they won't get the vaccine, but others will. So, as is always the case with anti-vaxxers, they will be protected by the intelligence and consideration of others. 

The models I've seen for distribution / priority put me in one of the last groups to get it. I am not immunocompromised and have no known health issues. I am not over 65 or 60 or even 55. I don't work in the medical field or with the public at all. The last model I saw had 9 possible phases, and I am fall in the 9th phase. Of course none of this is a given or anything, but the fact is I don't fall into a high risk category and will be far down the list to receive it. 

But, I will get one. Eventually. And until then, I will wear a mask, keep my distance, and do whatever I can to protect those around me as well as myself. 

And in doing so, I'll be protecting the morons who cry & whine about their their rights & conspiracies. Aren't they lucky little f*ckers. Lazy ones too that everyone else takes care of their fragile little selves. 

Same. I will be in the last group to get the vaccine and I’m ok with that. The biggest reason why I wear a mask and stay home constantly is for others, not myself. Of course I don’t want to get sick but I likely won’t die from it. But others could if I unknowingly spread it to them. So yes, I will get the vaccine when it’s offered to me. Because I want to protect others. Even if they don’t want to protect me. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, fundieundies said:

Anyone wanna start the 'Marlin Bontrager Wedding Rant BINGO Board'?

- Hudson is called to parade on the stage while Marlin tells the guests how Hudson has been praying for a godly lil' wife since he was five years old

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

I know an indoor wedding during Covid is totally a different topic - but my friend got married in MN in Jan 2018 on a below 0 day and it was beautiful. Flannel shawls for the bride and wedding party, hot chocolate bar, fresh donuts, and warm Indian food buffet. And even though this was a religious couple, zero talk about genitals, heathens, or hell! The Helragers should learn a thing or two. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Denver and Praise are getting married March 20, 2021, according to the Knot. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

20 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Sigh... one week before I was supposed to get married. But my fiance and I are responsible and know that a 200+ person, indoor wedding will still not be safe by then and decided to postpone a second time. I know so many people have it worse than we do currently, but seeing these fundies go ahead with big weddings when we can't have ours yet really gets to me.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 11

20 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So they will actually have an engagement a feeew weeks longer than the average fundy 3 months.

Meanwhile,  the Bontragers are promoting the weekly conspiracy rants of their buddy Curtis Bowers*:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIYaItXHadS/

*the Bowers get my vote for shiny-pinteresty-funloving-fundy family most likely to have a stockpile of guns & hand grenades for the coming "race war" stashed in the cellar.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So they will actually have an engagement a feeew weeks longer than the average fundy 3 months.

Meanwhile,  the Bontragers are promoting the weekly conspiracy rants of their buddy Curtis Bowers*:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIYaItXHadS/

*the Bowers get my vote for shiny-pinteresty-funloving-fundy family most likely to have a stockpile of guns & hand grenades for the coming "race war" stashed in the cellar.

Barf. Curtis Bowers is a really deranged person. Of course, that's exactly why Marlin likes him so much.

• Upvote 15

The joke at the opening of the tour this summer now assume all another meaning ugh "he Praise the Lord for a young girl in Minnesota" 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic