IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

Can you imagine a conversation amongst these three? It would be so smug and sanctimonious. So filled with head nods that they would look like a collection of bobble heads. 

19A42CB3-A70D-4476-A683-1A4F7C251DC8.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised Mrs. Allison Helferich hasn't graced us yet with a posting about hospitality and giving thanks for having a husband who is also--surprise!--her BFF!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I am surprised Mrs. Allison  Jeremiah Helferich hasn't graced us yet with a posting about hospitality and giving thanks for having a husband who is also--surprise!--her BFF!

Fixed that.

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Fixed that.

Speaking of Mrs....weird connection, but that's how my brain works....last weekend we found my grandfather's draft card. One of the lines is for "someone who will always know where you live" and a Mrs. FirstName LastName was written. The address was the same address as my great grandmother / where my grandfather lived at the time. My sister and I were driving ourselves nuts trying to figure out who Mrs. FirstName LastName was because it was someone we never heard of and did we have a random great aunt floating out there somewhere that we never knew existed, and how could we not know she existed and why does she have a different last name? 

Mom, being of a generation that knows these things, let us know that FirstName LastName was our (known) aunt's husband. HER given name was nowhere to be found, she was Mrs. HerHusbandsFirst Name, HerHusbandsLastName.

To be fair (to ourselves) we (my sister & I) only met her once when we were little and my grandfather's family was not much a part of our lives so we only knew of the aunt by her first name, never her married last name or what her husband's name was. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling no more Bon kids with come in first at the Bible bee. Rebs and Liz aren’t super into it and I don’t know if Hudson is good at memorizing as Lincoln Taylor. I hope lots of girls won their categories. Because I know how sexist these fundies can be. 

79FDC1C8-404F-4A11-944F-D316C494C9F7.jpeg

Back when Chelsy got married the family mentioned that Liz didn't make the final cut and was relieved to help out Chelsy with wedding planning and traveling with her to Kansas before she wed. I get the feeling she wasn't as into it then and isn't now. It wouldn't surprise me if Marlin and Becky forced her into it. I don't know about Rebs though. Hudson, probably, is their best bet at bringing home the grand prize again as he won the junior division last year. Plus, I think when Taylor won there was a year or two gap in between him winning the grand prize. So, there is hope Hudson will get it. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Chelsy posted about a huge family Thanksgiving gathering in Iowa. Wow.

Well Marlin calls it “plandemic” so of course they did.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

I wouldn't have expected anything else from the Bonts. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 11/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, ophelia said:

I know... me neither. But somehow I was still schocked to see the actual festivities on social media.

Honestly, I'm not. Throughout this pandemic the Bontrager family has been posting festivities and large gatherings on their blogs (including Chelsy and Allison) and social media. While it is clear they don't take the pandemic seriously, they aren't exactly shy about it. In fact, with the way the Bontrager family has been posting I'm kind of shocked that they haven't gotten a fine of some sort for not following quarantine protocol and gone on a long rant about it on their blog and/or social media. 

• Upvote 3

A0033A6F-FE21-41A0-B4F7-DF0DF64CDB7E.thumb.jpeg.cad70c052167926c90d257f64e4c0cfc.jpeg

Allison is so extra! Every! Single! Day! I have never been married. I lived with my ex for 2.5 years. The best part was having someone there when I needed them. But it was not all peaches and cream. It was a lot of work. A lot of hurt feelings, sickness, arguments, disagreements, and alone time. We did spend lots of quality time together. This was five weeks ago so I wonder if her answer has changed?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

Well, at least she didn't call him her master, or  head of the household or whatever.

Lover!!!!!  So spicy!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Gag.

She's a newlywed who has been sold / convinced of a bill of goods regarding marriage. She's in bliss now because all the rules are still clear and she is still reaping the rewards for having followed the "single girl" rules. 

The day will come, whether she admits it - to herself or anyone else - when there aren't any pre-determined rules for something. Where there is no clear cut answer/choice/way. And then, she will be screwed because she spent her life following the rules instead of learning how to make things outside the rule box work. 

The thing with rules is that those who make them convince you there is a solid rule for every possibility in life. But, they always skip the primary rule of life - there are no rules. And one day, she's going to be crushed even harder by something than your average woman/wife/human being would be, because not only is the situation crushing, she has no rule in her box to apply to it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

"As they purpose to live their lives together for Him"

The robotic bad writing always kills me. "As they prepare for a Christian life together" or something would convey the same thing with the added benefit of sounding like English.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:50 AM, ophelia said:

Iowa is at the verge of total meltdown right now and the idea that my mom or dad could need a hospital bed and not have one thanks to Bontrager stupidity makes me want to hurl my computer through a window.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Well, at least she didn't call him her master, or  head of the household or whatever.

Lover!!!!!  So spicy!

She only parrots the right words. Fundies use best friend as a synonim of husband, but if they started telling them masters, Allison would happily do the same. In the pictures she hugs him like he was a trophy or a lifejacket.

She sounds so weird describing him as manly (in other posts) and a rock. He's a normal, quiet and probably boring* man, and while I have no sympathy for fundie men, the fact they are expected to lead, provide and be always strong is not fair. I wonder if many of them get aggressive to deal with the expected level of "leadership/manly" they need to show and are incapable of. Women suffer the most for sure, but that life is not exactly great for men, except for the lazy ones like Gil Bates or David Rod.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Iowa is at the verge of total meltdown right now and the idea that my mom or dad could need a hospital bed and not have one thanks to Bontrager stupidity makes me want to hurl my computer through a window.

I really hope that your parents never come into the situation that they might need a hospital bed!! I totally get your feelings. My sister is working her tailof as an ER nurse and got tested positive over the weekend. She is fine, but her boyfriend shows symptoms and isn't feeling well. I'm really worried and hope they both recover quickly.

• Love 16

8 hours ago, jakesykora said:

Engagement announced...

Denver is engaged to Praise.

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/11/someone-is-engaged.html

So are the pics from the Helferich house in MN? Did Denver skip the Pandemicgiving gathering in Iowa, or did she come down for it and then they travelled back to Minnesota together.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So are the pics from the Helferich house in MN? Did Denver skip the Pandemicgiving gathering in Iowa, or did she come down for it and then they travelled back to Minnesota together.

Good question. I wonder if he comes up to visit a lot. Maybe Allison took Praise down to Iowa for thanksgiving and then Denver brought her back and visited there. So many possibilities since Allison is married to Praise’s brother. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Are they the couple with the "larger" age difference?  Is she 4 years older than him?

Yes, he will turn 21 this month and I believe she is around 25.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic