IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

@JermajestyDuggar @Marionette Do you guys think that Jana and Stephen are still courting?  Jessa said on her FB page that they weren't engaged (which I can totally believe) but it seems like they could still be courting.  The Duggar secrecy is driving my nosey self crazy.  ?

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The Burnetts are well known. Not sure about royalty though.

How would most people define fundie royalty? I'm honestly asking for a definition, because I don't have one.

• Upvote 7

I don't know the definition at all, but these would be my thoughts:

• Someone other fundies don't think of as crazy (like the Rods)
  • Someone with money to a certain extent, so they seem more successful
  • Someone with a big quiver and a high retention rate for their kids
  • Someone who has successfully avoided and/or mitigated family scandals 
  • Someone influential in politics (the pro gun, anti-abortion, anti-science kind) and/or IBLP/ATI 
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

@JermajestyDuggar @Marionette Do you guys think that Jana and Stephen are still courting?  Jessa said on her FB page that they weren't engaged (which I can totally believe) but it seems like they could still be courting.  The Duggar secrecy is driving my nosey self crazy.  ?

I think they could still be courting because I am unsure as to when they started courting. I would guess last fall. The thing about the Duggars is that once they are engaged, they get married in 3 months or less. So you better get engaged exactly 3 months before you want your wedding. I’m wondering if Jana would prefer a fall wedding. I wouldn’t want to be all sweaty and hot on my wedding day. Plus the Duggars don’t announce until they are engaged or extremely close to engagement. If they were engaged and Jim Bob hadn’t made an announcement, I would be surprised. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Did Jessa acknowledge that Jana & Stephen were courting or did she only say that they weren’t engaged? It’s just that I don’t think that we’ve had any confirmation from the family that they are even a couple! 

• Upvote 14

10 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Did Jessa acknowledge that Jana & Stephen were courting or did she only say that they weren’t engaged? It’s just that I don’t think that we’ve had any confirmation from the family that they are even a couple! 

She said "that's not true" in response to congratulations on their engagement

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 9

Jana and Stephen might still be in the "getting to know you" stage. If his relative had not accidentally leaked that Christmas pic, the relationship would still be a secret. It's probably very difficult for Stephen to take her out, because someone will definitely recognize her.

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Jana and Stephen might still be in the "getting to know you" stage. If his relative had not accidentally leaked that Christmas pic, the relationship would still be a secret. It's probably very difficult for Stephen to take her out, because someone will definitely recognize her.

I’m sure they go out in groups when they are in public. Like at the Silos. People are probably much less likely to think they are a couple if they see them in a group of Duggars.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

Didn’t Jessa flat out deny being pregnant when she actually was? I’d take her response of “that’s not true” with a grain of salt. And she only is responding to an engagement not a courtship. 

Someone just posted on tumbler a pic from a February concert with Jana and Stephen in it. Stephen was apparently the only wissmann that attended with the Duggar’s. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

Didn’t Jessa flat out deny being pregnant when she actually was? I’d take her response of “that’s not true” with a grain of salt. And she only is responding to an engagement not a courtship. 

Someone just posted on tumbler a pic from a February concert with Jana and Stephen in it. Stephen was apparently the only wissmann that attended with the Duggar’s. 

I think Jessa said she had no news to share which is not the same as outright denial. Just like shooting down engagement without shooting down a relationship.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they could still be courting because I am unsure as to when they started courting. I would guess last fall. The thing about the Duggars is that once they are engaged, they get married in 3 months or less. So you better get engaged exactly 3 months before you want your wedding. I’m wondering if Jana would prefer a fall wedding. I wouldn’t want to be all sweaty and hot on my wedding day. Plus the Duggars don’t announce until they are engaged or extremely close to engagement. If they were engaged and Jim Bob hadn’t made an announcement, I would be surprised. 

Yes, a fall wedding! It's the only season where mustard yellow as a wedding color makes sense! 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 35
  • Love 1

I think duggardata has her down (very roughly based on a christmas 2020 courrship start) for a september wedding. So fall mustard wedding it is!?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, kbohn23 said:

pic from a February concert with Jana and Stephen

My mind boggles at what kind of concert the Duggars would attend. Do you think it's a Flame concert? Hahaha! I'll see myself out...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Jana posted on IG that she's at an airshow with Jabbie& Grace. Maybe she's courting Stephen since I heard somewhere that he and JD are pilots?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

37 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

Jana posted on IG that she's at an airshow with Jabbie& Grace. Maybe she's courting Stephen since I heard somewhere that he and JD are pilots?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Stephen met her at the air show. Stephen’s brother drew lives in Florida so they could also stop by and visit his family. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

My mind boggles at what kind of concert the Duggars would attend. Do you think it's a Flame concert? Hahaha! I'll see myself out...

Emily Raynes and Olivia Collingsworth so sadly almost definitely a Collingsworth Family Gospel affair.  

They're Methodist or I'd guess Olivia for a Bates or Duggar boy. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

Really? I had no idea! Who would have thought they have PILOTS in the Duggar family?!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I just heard Ben singing? attempting to rap? "Does anybody here believe this?" It was so bad. Beyond bad. We laughed about that for months. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

I just heard Ben singing? attempting to rap? "Does anybody here believe this?" It was so bad. Beyond bad. We laughed about that for months. ?

That and his sermon about ‘going for a walk is a good idea’ were Ben highlights for me!

Edited by Idlewild
  • Haha 12

On 4/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, kbohn23 said:

Is there a link to this somewhere?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sansan said:

Is there a link to this somewhere?

On Tumblr and I think also higher on this page there should be a photo not sure thought 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:57 PM, Johannah said:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a dated builder-grade McMansion? It’s large, yes, and clean, but there’s not a single tree in sight!

Nope. It’s nice enough, but it’s so...uncreative, for lack of a better word. Nondescript is probably better. If I saw that out of context, I’d have a very difficult time trying to guess where it was. It’s almost definitely nicer than anyplace I’ll ever live, so I’m not saying it’s bad or anything, just...yeah, builder grade McMansion is a good way to put it.

And to anyone wondering how Lauren’s family keeps it so clean with all their kids, I’d put ten bucks on those pics being either from before they lived there, or were staged recently after they moved out. One of the rooms shows a full setup for the Rock Band series of video games, which are very much full of music fundies wouldn’t be caught dead around and would definitely not leave on display in such public photos of their living space. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I'm somewhat excited for Jana if this is true. The Wissmans seem suited for her personality, like John with Abbie. She is 30, so at maximum she could have 8 kids or even less. I can't see her with 8 though, maybe 4 to 5? Still a lot but humanly possible.

• Upvote 6

On 4/20/2021 at 5:23 PM, nellautumngirl said:

I'm somewhat excited for Jana if this is true. The Wissmans seem suited for her personality, like John with Abbie. She is 30, so at maximum she could have 8 kids or even less. I can't see her with 8 though, maybe 4 to 5? Still a lot but humanly possible.

She is 31, but could have a lot of children if spaced close together.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She is 31, but could have a lot of children if spaced close together.

She is also more likely to have twins so that could make her quiver grow faster. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic