IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

Is it possible Jana is only "camera shy" in the sense that she doesn't appreciate the cameras being all up in her home "all the time"? She seems pretty comfortable and outgoing on her instagram account when it's centered on her projects. 

• Upvote 14

On 3/5/2021 at 9:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not using my license since I’m a SAHM. I Am really trying to decide if I will ever use it again! Sigh. I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

JermajestyDuggar, What a conumdrum! So long until retirement and so many years to fill with what? It is hard to know what to do.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If JD is her man of honor, the rest can be just bridesmaids. 

I don’t see them/her being so “forward” to do something like that. Plus I don’t think that JD would be comfortable in that role or being one to break the conformity of the fundie roles/rules. Personally I think it would be awesome. But as he didn’t have her as best women, I don’t see it happening the other way round. For shiz he and Abbie and most prob grace will be in the wedding party. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I don’t think they will do Jessa/Jinger/Joy but not Jill.

Either all 4 of those will be BM or only one or two. They do not want to deal with all the talks if she excludes Jill so clearly.

I would guess Jessa, Johanna, Laura, Abbie and two Wissman sisters. 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3

She might choose a child to honour some siblings. Maybe Surgeon and Meredith.  Perhaps even Israel or Sam, as long as TLC could blur their faces out. Jana doesn’t appear really close to any of her siblings. Laura would be the best choice for her MOH, but Jana is an extreme traditionalist. Jana will choose a sister or her mother for MOH. 

• Upvote 3

For all we know, Jana might be uncomfortable  with the cameras because it leads to “poor Jana single and alone living with her parents” chatter. With her own husband and children and projects, she might be more engaged. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, viii said:

For all we know, Jana might be uncomfortable  with the cameras because it leads to “poor Jana single and alone living with her parents” chatter. With her own husband and children and projects, she might be more engaged. 

Good point. But even as a teen on the early episodes she always seemed more nervous than the others. For the party planning / decorating segments - to me- the cameras on seem like part of a job she enjoys, but not the part of the job she enjoys - if that makes sense. 

• Upvote 8

Jana may appear nervous as she doesn’t get to edit the TV show. Her Instagram is carefully planned and I think she does a lot of the family SM. TLC likes to portray her as the desperate simpering spinster in a family whose USP is marriage and babies. 
The real Jana appears to share the toxic beliefs and has a pretty nice life pursuing what for most people are hobbies they fit around work and family. I think of her as neither ‘poor’ nor ‘sweet’. 

• Upvote 23
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jana may appear nervous as she doesn’t get to edit the TV show. Her Instagram is carefully planned and I think she does a lot of the family SM. TLC likes to portray her as the desperate simpering spinster in a family whose USP is marriage and babies. 
The real Jana appears to share the toxic beliefs and has a pretty nice life pursuing what for most people are hobbies they fit around work and family. I think of her as neither ‘poor’ nor ‘sweet’. 

I would be very surprised to see Jill be the maid of honor. 

I agree with @Idlewild that Jana is probably more like her family. 

I hope since she may be marrying a Wissman that she doesn't pull a Courtney Rogers and try to hit double digits by keeping the kids spaced as closely as possible.  

• Upvote 6

On 3/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, Johannah said:

I’m 39, pregnant with my third child, and very slowly finishing graduate school. I feel the same way about not knowing what I want to do with my life. Constantly doubting what I want to do, no idea what things will look like or what opportunities will be available when I finally finish. And I know I don’t want to work full-time, which reduces options even further. Sigh. I definitely feel like nearing 40 I expected to have my life be more established than this, but it is what it is. 

Oh, I get that... I'm in my mid-thirties. I have no clue what I'm going to do in a few years! Right now I only work a few hours a week at a side job I've been doing since I was a teen. I never really used my bachelors. While I'd like to have another child, we're probably done with the two we have. So what do I do when Younger goes to school eventually? Stay home still, find full-time work, go back to school (and for what?), volunteer somewhere?

I mean, I'm glad I have the option of choosing, but it's hard to decide when there's nothing that screams my name as an option, and there are so many people around me that seem to have it together on all the major decisions like that.

• Upvote 9

54 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Oh, I get that... I'm in my mid-thirties. I have no clue what I'm going to do in a few years! Right now I only work a few hours a week at a side job I've been doing since I was a teen. I never really used my bachelors. While I'd like to have another child, we're probably done with the two we have. So what do I do when Younger goes to school eventually? Stay home still, find full-time work, go back to school (and for what?), volunteer somewhere?

I mean, I'm glad I have the option of choosing, but it's hard to decide when there's nothing that screams my name as an option, and there are so many people around me that seem to have it together on all the major decisions like that.

I'm 37 and currently a SAHM. I have been home since my almost two year old daughter was born. My son is 5 and I went back to work as a lawyer after my year mat leave was done with him. I didn't really love being a lawyer before I had kids but I was miserable afterwards. I felt like crying most days after I dropped him off at daycare. It was a big relief when I got pregnant with my daughter so at least I would have another mat leave and I could maybe figure out what to do next.

While I was on mat leave partly due to covid and partly other reasons my job was no longer there for me to go back to. My husband and I decided that I should stay home for a bit during covid since that would be safest. That was a big relief but my son starts kindergarten in the fall and I don't really want to put my daughter in daycare. My husband is antsy about my being away from the working world too long. But I just don't know what to do.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 22

Jill is the new Josh and Bates for tlc if she is in the wedding she will be in a position to be easily hidden. Makes it a bit awkward as Jill had her. But then again Josh had Jd and Jd had Joe. So it’s doable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

I think that one possible wild card name that hasn't been mentioned yet is Priscilla Waller. I know Jana was in Priscilla's wedding and as I recall they were good friends when they were younger.

And I'm also curious if they would like to see Jana Duggar do the 27 dresses thing and have each of the women who she has been bridesmaids for b bridesmaids in her wedding and try to find or fit into one of the bridesmaids dresses that she wore to their wedding. (Not necessarily borrowing Janice as many would have a sister with the same dress who's possibly closer to their size.)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

@Audrey2, I was thinking of Priscilla Waller as well, especially if Jill and Jinger don't make the cut.  I wouldn't be surprised if David Waller officiated Jana's wedding.  

• Upvote 6

Who would be her flower girl? If Gracie was older, no question it would probably be her because that's probably the niece Jana's closest to but she's only one.

Edited by dawn9476

I just realized that Anna probably will be in the wedding too. How could I forget?

• Upvote 5

On 3/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, just_ordinary said:

I mean, I get the vision. And surprisingly everyone looks nice, but all of them together is just too much. Maybe a broader palette would have softened it (some rust, some maroon, some blushy beige...)

They need ketchup red to offset the mustard yellow! Relish green accents.

Reception food will be hotdogs and pickles. A number of young fundie men in attendance will be defrauded, and rushed into marriage. A significant baby boom will happen in the following year. Praise Jeebus.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Earlier this evening, a Duggar plane was in Nebraska. Wonder who was aboard? 

I thought someone on here said they had turned off the tracking access on their planes? (Sorry don’t know the technically terms). Maybe I read it wrong maybe it was not filed plane flights???  
We had a thread for duggar flights it went cold long ago. I assumed it was because of the above. If it’s Jana then the odds are so about a courtship. What is he from Nebraska??? 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Ooh, is there an announcement coming to kick off the new season??

• Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Ooh, is there an announcement coming to kick off the new season??

Does anyone have a picture of this plane? I've been wondering for years what it looks like. The fact these folks made enough money over the years to purchase a plane is amazing. Not hating, because I would buy one to not have to stand in line at the airport with family.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

When can we aspect an announcement if they are waiting for the new season to start? I seem to remember that usually, it comes back in spring? 

• Upvote 4

So I did some research and it seems that previously there has been a gap of ~7 months between the seasons and we could expect a premiere around April if we assume a couple of weeks of waiting between the actual start and the announce of a new season, I would say that before the end of March we could have an announce with the new season date 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I thought someone on here said they had turned off the tracking access on their planes? (Sorry don’t know the technically terms). Maybe I read it wrong maybe it was not filed plane flights???  
We had a thread for duggar flights it went cold long ago. I assumed it was because of the above. If it’s Jana then the odds are so about a courtship. What is he from Nebraska??? 

Yes.  The Wissmans live in Nebraska. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jana!!! Courtship announcement here we come! LOL ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic