IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wow, that was painful to watch. Why does it seem that the ladies are always shilling the same items? Why would a company want more than 1 family member pushing the same item? Wouldn't it be more lucrative to have them all shilling different items? 

I had the exact same thought about the brush that Kendra, Anna and now Jana were selling.

And yes, she looks extremely tired which is totally understandable with two little kids and being pregnant.

• Upvote 1

They often do the same thing- a few of them did the bargain ear buds last year, Anna and Jana have both done the  styling brush recently and I think Joy and Lauren did the same skin care company. The only one that seems to put proper effort ( and gets more contracts) is Jill. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

I had the exact same thought about the brush that Kendra, Anna and now Jana were selling.

And yes, she looks extremely tired which is totally understandable with two little kids and being pregnant.

Oh yeah I totally understand why she looks exhausted, all the more reason she should be on a lilly pad being fanned by lost girls not using one of her precious, rare 15 minute blocks of quiet to scrape up a few bucks on a weeknight. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

Jinger also shilled the brush. On a side note, I have the Revlon version of that brush/dryer and it is fabulous!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jinger also shilled the brush. On a side note, I have the Revlon version of that brush/dryer and it is fabulous!

Good to know, because they somehow influenced me into googling brushes like that and I was immediately overwhelmed. I'm gonna check out the Revlon.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I also recommend the Revlon. What a time saver!

Which one? I went to Amazon, and got overwhelmed with choice. TIA.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

When I searched, I found a review on CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/cnn-underscored/revlon-one-step-hair-dryer-review

It sounds interesting, and noticed that the prices in my search were less than the reviewer mentions.

That’s the one I have and I love it!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Which one? I went to Amazon, and got overwhelmed with choice. TIA.

Yes that’s the one- on Amazon for almost $20 off!

D3CF146B-B2C5-4A2E-A663-E2C43E07A382.png

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Yep, that’s the one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

I have the paddle brush version and for someone with 4C it has worked wonders on my hair, highly recommend!

4C?

Re: hair type

It says on the link that FluffySnowball shared that "Identifying your curl shape and pattern (or patterns) is best determined while your hair is sopping wet. ", but my hair is pretty straight when wet but about a 2B if allowed to air dry, so I'm confused now.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

It says on the link that FluffySnowball shared that "Identifying your curl shape and pattern (or patterns) is best determined while your hair is sopping wet. ", but my hair is pretty straight when wet but about a 2B if allowed to air dry, so I'm confused now.

I would just ignore that part.  I have fine 3A hair and it's also straight when soaking wet, just because the water weighs it down. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I’m not that knowledgeable about the topic so the article could very well be misleading. I just posted it because it illustrates the idea of different hair types. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Johannah said:

Yes please tell. What does this magical brush do exactly?

It's AMAZING. Every ott review of it is spot on. It save time. It drys and volumizes. It's easy and lightweight to use.  I used to use a traditional blow dryer and round brush to get more volume at my roots, but the volumizer from Revlon just needs the brush. I usually use a heat protector spray before. It's noisy. It's worth it. Plus it's like a million times cheaper than the Dyson hair dryer which was my second choice. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

On 2/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, ophelia said:

I just assumed there was a referral component to the compensation scheme. Like if you can recruit more shillers with x amount of followers we'll pay you a commission on their shillings too.  And most of these women don't have the same last name so whoever is enlisting shillers may just be looking at the audience size and not even realize the family connections and overlaps in their followers.  

I'm a serial side hustler myself and I hesitate to judge anyone trying to increase their income but man...doesn't it get old? Always needing to "hop on" and talk about some new "game changer" does it really pay that well? And do you really believe this was gods purpose for you? To raise babies and sell hairbrushes and earbuds and donuts and subscription boxes in your down time?  For some of them...Kendra in particular...it seems that's literally the only time they "hop on" is when they've got a new product to sell.

• Upvote 7

My hair is like three different types. It’s so frustrating. I honestly wouldn’t care what type my hair is if it was just one type. But no. One part of my hair can be a full on spiral curl while other parts are just a tiny bit wavy. 

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My hair is like three different types. It’s so frustrating. I honestly wouldn’t care what type my hair is if it was just one type. But no. One part of my hair can be a full on spiral curl while other parts are just a tiny bit wavy. 

I feel ya. Every time I get my hair cut, my hairdresser makes a game out of finding the tight little spiral curls on a head of mostly slightly wavy hair. And if I straighten my hair, it starts to wave and curl within an hour. But if I curl it, it falls straight by the time I get my makeup done and get dressed. So 95% of the time, it's in a ponytail or a bun.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

It’s a hair type. Look here for more info (it’s the first link I found): 

https://www.allure.com/gallery/curl-hair-type-guide

Thank you! I googled straight hair types and mine is 1A. Straight and completely flat and extremely resistant to any attempts to add curl or body. I have always despised it. I want big wavy hair. I’ve tried chemical “permanent” body waves, hot rollers with tons of hair spray, they all make only a mild difference. Looking for a miracle product!

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Can confirm, this thing is amazing. Dries my thick hair faster than a regular dryer, and makes it look like I put in effort with it.

It gets to about 5 million degrees and sounds like a fighter jet taking off, but it's so worth it.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

Can confirm, this thing is amazing. Dries my thick hair faster than a regular dryer, and makes it look like I put in effort with it.

It gets to about 5 million degrees and sounds like a fighter jet taking off, but it's so worth it.

And one time when I flew with it I got flagged at TSA (I think it looked like something you would bludgeon someone with....so I get it) but it was only one time!!!!!

• Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic