IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

Guys, maybe I‘m being mean buuut to me these men walk like apes. In the video of the scavenger hunt and the christmas movie (in which the caldwell neighbor was saved) the men walk like apes. 
And Joe is like a volcano full of anger.

I understand if you want to give me downvotes but to me they will be „the ape-men“.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, LorEl said:

Guys, maybe I‘m being mean buuut to me these men walk like apes.

Maybe I'm even meaner, but to me, the poor apes don't deserve that comparison.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

When I first started watching it I wondered why Kendra wasn’t participating bc she sure was giggling a lot...but then it became clear she knows her husband.  If he’s willing to knock over 2 year old Isaiah (who, doesn’t he have a spinal birth defect? Or did they successfully pray that away?) clearly he wouldn’t avoid knocking over a pregnant woman. 

Hopefully Kendra’s oldest brother has a growth spurt soon so he can start shoving back.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, LorEl said:

Joe is like a volcano full of anger.

I don't watch the videos, so I didn't know that. I thought he was a quiet person. Not a nice guy exactly, but neutral. Reading how he competed against kids and now, reading your post makes me worried about Kendra and the children, especially because they are having a baby every single year!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

When Joken got married, I also recall maybe Jessa saying Joe is “the most tenderhearted of all the bros.” If this is how the thoughtful, sensitive one acts, I can only imagine how the others act. 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

When Joken got married, I also recall maybe Jessa saying Joe is “the most tenderhearted of all the bros.” If this is how the thoughtful, sensitive one acts, I can only imagine how the others act. 

I could see that. We have a Labrador who is the sweetest, kindest dog, full of love, but extremely boisterous as young, knocks everything over, not aware of his own size at all. 

Joe is like a Labrador, except engineered to hold awful beliefs. The reduced brain size means that there is little room for anything else than awful beliefs, which is why the Duggars generally suck at most things they do (except breeding) - because they filled their brains with dangerous nonsense. 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 3

Yeah, I don't think Joe is aggressive or malicious (in this regard). He was raised to be competitive and probably has zero idea how badly he comes across. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, viii said:

Yeah, I don't think Joe is aggressive or malicious (in this regard). He was raised to be competitive and probably has zero idea how badly he comes across. 

Well...I am tired of hearing poor parenting as an excuse for everything these now adult and parents to multiple kids do or say. This guy is 26 years old for lord’s sake. Someone needs to give him a heads up. I’m not sure who that someone is. Maybe Mr Caldwell? Dan Dillard? Chad Paine? Another church leader?  This is what happens when you do not treat your kids as individuals and match behavioral expectations to developmental age. 

Just now, SassyPants said:

Well...I am tired of hearing poor parenting as an excuse for everything these now adult and parents to multiple kids do or say. This guy is 26 years old for lord’s sake. Someone needs to give him a heads up. I’m not sure who that someone is. Maybe Mr Caldwell? Dan Dillard? Chad Paine? Another church leader?  This is what happens when you do not treat your kids as individuals and match behavioral expectations to developmental age. 

Also, quoting myself here. He was only raised to be competitive within his own family and mainly with his dad and his sibs in terms of gaining attention from his parents. The Duggars were never competitive outside the TTH (beyond reproduction). In fact, I think JB knew that on the whole, they weren’t really competitive at much so he isolated everyone away.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars were never competitive outside the TTH (beyond reproduction).

But what about Pecan Waller and Josh’s mud wrestling? ?

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, BadMurphy said:

But what about Pecan Waller and Josh’s mud wrestling? ?

There was mud wrestling? Do I want to know more? Damn... I already have reallllly troubling images in my head right now.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, artdecades said:

I’ve recently become obsessed with the Instagram @zillowgonewild and they featured the perfect house for joken if they ever move to Ohio (be sure to swipe all the way through)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcoABbgEor/?igshid=13onmg1beudxz

That's actually close to the Rods too, less than an hour east of them. Can you imagine Jill living that close to a DUGGAR? 

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

That's actually close to the Rods too, less than an hour east of them. Can you imagine Jill living that close to a DUGGAR? 

OMG!!! That  *Giggles* house is less than 4 miles from me!  That is wild!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

On 1/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, artdecades said:

I’ve recently become obsessed with the Instagram @zillowgonewild and they featured the perfect house for joken if they ever move to Ohio (be sure to swipe all the way through)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcoABbgEor/?igshid=13onmg1beudxz

I love this account!! Just the kind of positivity I need on my social media right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen carpet in a dining room before. Gross.

You made me go back and count, and of the past ten houses I've lived in (since 1965,) eight have had carpeted dining rooms, and one of those was an apartment! Two of those 8 had uncarpeted eating space in the kitchen with vinyl flooring, but we also ate in those carpeted dining rooms. Part of that time I had babies/toddlers/young children and in no case were any of the carpets gross like I would expect them to be. We were cautious and never had any disasters and I don't know how THAT happened. Now that I'm near 70 I would definitely spend my savings to rip out carpet and have tile put in, no second thoughts. In two of the houses we also had two carpeted bathrooms! Again, not gross, but today I'd rip it out, for sure. We just didn't have the money to bother with changing it in those days.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Bobology said:

You made me go back and count, and of the past ten houses I've lived in (since 1965,) eight have had carpeted dining rooms, and one of those was an apartment! Two of those 8 had uncarpeted eating space in the kitchen with vinyl flooring, but we also ate in those carpeted dining rooms. Part of that time I had babies/toddlers/young children and in no case were any of the carpets gross like I would expect them to be. We were cautious and never had any disasters and I don't know how THAT happened. Now that I'm near 70 I would definitely spend my savings to rip out carpet and have tile put in, no second thoughts. In two of the houses we also had two carpeted bathrooms! Again, not gross, but today I'd rip it out, for sure. We just didn't have the money to bother with changing it in those days.

My dining room is carpeted as well. In fact, now that I think about it, every house/apartment I ever lived in had carpeted dining rooms/dining areas.  I never really gave the matter much thought and actually accepted it as a normal thing.    

The house we currently live in is a finished cape built in 1994 with an semi-open floor plan downstairs so the dining room and living room all run together and have the same wall-to-wall carpeting.  It's higher-end commercial low pile carpeting so it takes a beating-we've had it for over 20 years and it still looks pretty good.   To be fair, we seldom eat in the dining room anyway.  Right now the dining room table has become the puzzle table!     

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Right now the dining room table has become the puzzle table!  

Our dining room tables have always been puzzle tables, usually during the winter.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I think dining rooms are usually carpeted, unless you have hardwood floors, in which case most people would put a large rug under the table.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Our dining room is tile, no rug. I am not a fan of rugs under tables even though my kids are older. We have plenty of adult company that seems to spill and it is easier to mop up without the rug. Our family room is also tile and we do have a large area rug there. The great room is carpeted as well as the stairs, halls and bedrooms and everything else is tile. I hate carpet but I don't think we will have this house long enough to make switching the flooring worth it since the carpet was brand new when we moved in a year ago. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think dining rooms are usually carpeted, unless you have hardwood floors, in which case most people would put a large rug under the table.

This must be regional. I can't think of anyone I know here in southern Ontario with a carpeted dining room though I see them on realtor.ca in granny homes. 

• Upvote 2

We have carpet in our dining room. The dining room doesn't get used very often though. We mostly use our table in the breakfast nook. It has tile in it. When we redo our kitchen in a few years, we will likely replace the carpet and tile with laminate. I'd love real hardwood but the dogs will scratch it up. 

The only place where the carpet will stay on our main floor is the family room.  It's nice to have when I'm sitting on the floor playing with my kids. I also will only ever have carpet on stairs and in the bedrooms. Bedrooms with tile or hardwood seem cold to me. But I live in a cold place. I might feel differently if I lived in Hawaii.

• I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Bedrooms with tile or hardwood seem cold to me. But I live in a cold place. I might feel differently if I lived in Hawaii.

I live in Sweden. I don’t know anyone that has carpet in the bedroom, or any other room. The only carpeted bedroom I’ve slept in regularly is the one my husband grew up in in Australia. To be fair that one is colder then the ones I’ve slept in in Sweden though because we have way better heating. :)

I did once stay in a hotel in England that had carpet in the bathroom. I thought that was pretty weird. It went up right next to the shower. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 7

My parents house is carpeted except for the kitchen & bathrooms. I had a client who’s house only had area rugs in every room. They recently sold their house & according to a friend of mine who lives across from their house. The first thing the new owners did was put carpet in every room. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I live in Sweden. I don’t know anyone that has carpet in the bedroom, or any other room. The only carpeted bedroom I’ve slept in regularly is the one my husband grew up in in Australia. To be fair that one is colder then the ones I’ve slept in in Sweden though because we have way better heating. :) 

yeah I'm in NZ and I've never ever had a bedroom without carpet (and I've lived in a lot of houses). It's pretty standard to have every room carpeted except kitchens and bathrooms, with dining rooms/areas carpeted maybe 50/50? The houses here tend towards being poorly insulated/single glazing/ no central heating so I think that's one of the deciding factors. 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic