IGNORED

Dillards 87: Experts on Everything!

samurai_sarah

Oh good we are still on politics. I saw someone complaining about Jill Rod posting this. I don’t really follow her thread here. Just more loosely on a fb fundie site. I did see the news today that America is boarding up. I took it to mean that if trump doesn’t win his people will go off. 
can someone explain the validity of this to me. Am I not correct. Is only Biden states boarding? Is that because trump people will come in and retaliate or because Biden supporters will riot. 
I have to say it saddened me to think that America claims to be the leader of the free world and have to board up for an election. 
thinking of all you guys. Please stay safe. 
what is everyone gut feeling. I have a horrible feeling you are going to get the orange man for another four. 

13563899-CDA8-4601-9794-C086008AB74C.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Love 3

If Trump loses, I am worried that his supports will engage in acts of terrorism, not vandalism/looting. They will kill people on purpose.

if Biden loses, people of the left will demonstrate, and police in the US have a nasty habit of escalating tensions to the point that demonstrations devolve into riots. (I’ve personally seen it happen twice in person - once in Boston and once in Baltimore. Just let people demonstrate. If they want to stand in the street and shout all night, let them)

Again, obviously, I have not seen every city in the US, but I’m sure businesses in downtown commercial districts are boarding up in nearly every city in the country, regardless of the political party of the city leadership. It just so happens that most cities in the US have Democratic leadership because there is a huge urban rural divide in politics.  Also people on the right do engage in unrest, vandalism, looting, and even assault, they just tend to go to other peoples cities to cause problems and not in their own backyards. 

• Upvote 24

12 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

You’re kidding about the Mosquito Control Commissioners, right?

12 hours ago, Smee said:

This was my thought too. I genuinely can't tell! 

100% serious. I guess it's kind of an important post when you essentially live in a swamp? We even have competing yard signs in our neighborhood.

Spoiler

1909367271_MosquitoControl.PNG.10c8ea2685fe03e00f8d46ec65efe70a.PNG

Spoiler

(Not my photo, but we have the same thing in my neighborhood)

122548240_161941072240915_7201698174323240915_n.jpg.f1629f826e3cf337d2107b2662e3acd5.jpg

Edited by OHFL2009
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 6

Mosquito control was also on my ballot. It is important here (FL) because without proper control it would be miserable to even go outside. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh good we are still on politics. I saw someone complaining about Jill Rod posting this. I don’t really follow her thread here. Just more loosely on a fb fundie site. I did see the news today that America is boarding up. I took it to mean that if trump doesn’t win his people will go off. 
can someone explain the validity of this to me. Am I not correct. Is only Biden states boarding? Is that because trump people will come in and retaliate or because Biden supporters will riot. 
I have to say it saddened me to think that America claims to be the leader of the free world and have to board up for an election. 
thinking of all you guys. Please stay safe. 
what is everyone gut feeling. I have a horrible feeling you are going to get the orange man for another four. 

13563899-CDA8-4601-9794-C086008AB74C.jpeg

You are correct. So people voting for Biden (like myself) are nervous about the right using terroristic tactics to threaten people. I know I am personally worried about my family’s safety because so many of the right extremists love their guns where I live and have no problem expressing hatred for the left.  The right, on the other hand, see the left as lazy rioters who burn their own cities down for no good reason. Opinions are extreme on both sides. 
I think businesses are boarding up because they don’t know what to expect from either side. But it definitely is painting a sad picture for the state of the country. 

• Upvote 10

Almost all "cities" (what qualifies as a city seems to vary from state to state and person to person) are Democrat run. If you look up a county by county red/blue/purple map, you can see that the more denser the population, the more blue they have. 

I picked a few cities at random, in red states and looked up their mayor. 

Austin, TX: Mayor is a Dem

Anchorage, Alaska: Acting mayor is a dem. 

Boise, Idaho: Democrat

Birmingham, Alabama: Democrat 

Cincinnati, Ohio: Democrat 

Tampa, Florida: Democrat

It goes on and on. So cities that are boarding up are just cities with downtown districts, which are overwhelmingly blue. Other fun fact - you can look at the county by county maps and see where the colleges are. They are the darker blue spots. 

Edited by Maggie Mae
Birmingham is in Alabama, not Mississippi,
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

My last sweep through downtown Des Moines (a democratic mayor in a red state) wasn't boarded up, last night. 

Jill honey, YOU don't have a job and neither does your husband. 

Only 1 side is saying "if we lose" their will be violence. That is trump, & yeah, I'm a little worried about some of the crazy trumpers in my area, we actually bought a shotgun a couple weeks ago, and ammo and learned how to use the stupid thing, Iowa is a stand your ground state, anyone fucks with my house I will shoot 1st ask questions later, it is more than they would do for me, they'd just shoot, shit on me and walk away. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

17 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Quite possibly not. I had a race for Water and Soil Conservation Supervisor on my ballot this year. There were ten people running for it, [from why I was able to dig up from a continent away via the internet] none of them seemed remotely qualified, and one of them had taken out a restraining order against another one of them. It’s a hot mess. 

I need to know more. Where is this? Who did you end up choosing?

3 hours ago, Smee said:

I need to know more. Where is this? Who did you end up choosing?

I'm more interested in how @subsaharanafrica ended up choosing. That sounds like an opportunity to put a list on the wall and throw a dart! If no one's obviously qualified and thus no one's obviously any better than anyone else, there's not much to lose with a random choice, so why not have fun choosing?

• Upvote 1

I just need to talk. 

I'm sick. I want to stress eat so badly but I have important blood work coming up that I don't want to f up. I'm so sick. I'm not gonna get much sleep tonight. I'm in shock that so many people voted for Trump. How??? I don't understand! HOW?!? I want to ask my Trump loving family what causes them to think he's their savior and yet I'm actually scared what they'll say. I've been considering moving closer to some of them when my current contract's up but I'm not going to now. I'm scared to be associated with anyone associated with Trump!!! 

ETA, sorry everyone! I thought I was posting this in the election thread. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 24

@Giraffe, take heart! Not all of the mail in ballots have been counted yet. If Biden wins PA and CA that might be enough. I get you though; I have never been so nervous about an election that isn’t occurring in my own country. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Next to Mosquito Control  Commissioners and the Fence Viewers in Oklahoma (http://stillthelaw.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-be-appointed-to-office-of-fence.html), one of my favorite wacky local government posts is the what we call the Probate (of Wills) Courts here in Maryland: the Orphans' Courts: https://mdcourts.gov/orphanscourt/history

23 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I just need to talk. 

I'm sick. I want to stress eat so badly but I have important blood work coming up that I don't want to f up. I'm so sick. I'm not gonna get much sleep tonight. I'm in shock that so many people voted for Trump. How??? I don't understand! HOW?!? I want to ask my Trump loving family what causes them to think he's their savior and yet I'm actually scared what they'll say. I've been considering moving closer to some of them when my current contract's up but I'm not going to now. I'm scared to be associated with anyone associated with Trump!!! 

ETA, sorry everyone! I thought I was posting this in the election thread. 

❤️ we can do this. I know how frustrating it is right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

@Giraffe,  i know what you mean about not wanting to mess up your bloodwork with stress eating.  I was due for my annual bloodwork in October,  but basically could not get my car out of the driveway when the contractors were here which was when the docs' office was open.  I maybe could have gone last week when they were not here, but i fell and broke my wrist a week ago Sunday.  i tried to call my doctor and ask for a short-term refill of Lipitor and Lisinopril,  but he's never gotten back to me.  I'm about ready to fire him. Aetna at least called about my meds.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

@Giraffe,  it's not been so bad so far.  i had surgery last Thursday and got a nice vivid blue splint on Monday afternoon.   took oxycodone for pain post op, but was off of it by late Sunday and just taking ibuprofen. My daughters have been helping a lot and my husband was working from home today.  He had the task of not only cleaning out the cat box, but cleaning up after our Lab mix with an upset tummy.  

• Love 7

Derick costs more than Jeremy- that will sting the Vuolo ego. 
So despite his views on reality TV etc DD is quite happy to cash in on his fame as long as he gets the cash. 

• Upvote 7

A mosquito was trying to land on our county’s Mosquito Control Commissioner’s arm.

He shook it and said:
"Not on my watch"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

You know what's weird is someone named Jeff gave all four of them...jing, jer, jill&der 5 star reviews yesterday.  I wonder if Jeff is a super fan or just one of them trying to get the review ball rolling.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lezajenda said:

You know what's weird is someone named Jeff gave all four of them...jing, jer, jill&der 5 star reviews yesterday.  I wonder if Jeff is a super fan or just one of them trying to get the review ball rolling.

Must be a secret, out of wedlock Duggar.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 18

• samurai_sarah locked this topic