IGNORED

Dillards 87: Experts on Everything!

samurai_sarah

On 10/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, FrumperedCat said:

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens after Samuel starts school. She'll be back to being on her own again if Derick is busy with College or working. It's certainly an interesting decision her sending her children to school given all that and hopefully she feels comfortable with going along with it and hasn't felt pressurised into supporting that decision. Maybe it might lead to the desire for further pregnancies but it seems she's a lot more comfortable with spending time on her own and being more independent. 

I could see Jill being extremely active parent at her kids school & possibly start taking some courses at the local community college.  Sometimes with little guys at school it seems no sooner than they are out the door they are walking back in if your are trying to get the home in order, run errands, or laundry done. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I don't remember if it was here or on Pickles, but during the 2016 election period someone posted the Duggars' voting info which included their chosen political parties.  I distinctly remember that Jim Bob as well as Josiah were registered as Republican.  In fact, so was Derick.  However, Jill was Unenrolled, meaning as a registered voter she was not committed to any party.   Which I thought was pretty interesting.  Jill just didn't toe the family Republican party line.  

With "Trump 2020" mowed into the grass and Jed running for the house as a Republican,  just the possibility of Jill ultimately voting for Biden next week is a huge FU to the family.  

There's absolutely no way she's voting for a candidate who is pro-choice. Jill may have changed in a lot of ways during the past few years, but not that much.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

It is interesting that the only Duggar daughter who showed any academic curiosity is sending her children to school to be educated. I cringe when I think of Joy staring to homeschool. Her poor grammar and lack and scorn of anything intellectual make me pity her children. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, indianabones said:

There's absolutely no way she's voting for a candidate who is pro-choice. Jill may have changed in a lot of ways during the past few years, but not that much.

I agree with you on that.  When the chips are down next week,  I don't think Jill will pull the "D" lever at this stage of the game.  However, with all the strides she's made, just the fact that Jim Bob and company assume she might must be driving them nuts.

Even better.... the thought of Jill voting for Megan Godfrey instead of her own brother running through their fundie heads.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Jill doesn't live in the correct district so she couldn't vote for either Jed or Megan. Plus she has worn Jed's campaign t-shirt.

Edited by lunaselene503
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

I’m not saying Jill isn’t voting republican, but...In 2016 a friend of mine from high school blogged about the number of staunchly conservative people she knew (including herself) who were secretly voting for Clinton. She found out only because of an earlier post where she wrote why she couldn’t in good conscience vote for Trump and she was overwhelmed by the number of emails from other women in her area who publicly went along with who their husbands voted for (Trump) while actually voting for Clinton. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Jill wasn't invited to Joy's birthday outing either. Nor did she wish her happy birthday or like the posts. I think Joy is done with Jill which is pretty sad as they were in the buddy grp.

Sad Jill has lost her first child :( I really hope Jenni doesn’t get poisoned against. The adoration I saw from her was intense. That kid was bonded and looked to be fretting with Jill gone. One thing I have always given Jill. She seemed to invest in her buddy group. We judge Jessa but Jordyn seems very attached to her too. Jill’s buddies and Jordyn, jessa are the only ones I have observed who have really bonded strongly  from the buddy groups...

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Sad Jill has lost her first child :( I really hope Jenni doesn’t get poisoned against. The adoration I saw from her was intense. That kid was bonded and looked to be fretting with Jill gone. One thing I have always given Jill. She seemed to invest in her buddy group. We judge Jessa but Jordyn seems very attached to her too. Jill’s buddies and Jordyn, jessa are the only ones I have observed who have really bonded strongly  from the buddy groups...

I've noticed Jana & Jessa have really attached themselves to Joy since Annabelle died. I think the family was worried she would be like Jill and drift away. I honestly think the biggest issue with Jill & Joy is Austin & Derick  I can see Austin hating Derick for bein an "intellectual" and Derick hating Austin for being a a "dumb hick" I think had Jill stayed in the cult that she & Joy wouldn't have stayed that close, Austin & Derick are like oil & water.  Austin is 100% country boy and he doesn't seem interested in expanding his world view in any way shape or form. 

• Upvote 10

Jill was pictured shopping with Joy very recently though? They might be less close but they clearly are still in contact and spending time with each other.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Well...Jill’s world is much bigger than the other girls. If you follow her social media she has a nice circle of friends, is tight with her in-laws, who happen to be local, attends a huge SBC, has a child in PS and a husband in law school. Her circle is just bigger, and maybe her dance card is fuller than her sisters’, who are still marching to JB’s tune. Maybe she had to pick Izzy up from Kindergarten and didn’t have a sitter for Sam? Maybe it was a last minute activity? Also, Joy doesn’t really present as a person who would love spending her BD at a nail salon. Jinger, yes, the rest? 

• Upvote 13

I have my doubts that Jill voted for Biden, but who knows. It's 2020, the year of Weird Shit. Her statement about making more effort to research the candidates was quite telling though. I wonder how many of the Duggarlings actually bother to do even that much, or if they just blindly vote for whoever Daddy says is the good one?

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

@HeartsAFundie You can look up voters registration status and she's a registered republican. They also voted in the primaries straight republican as well  

Wait...do you mean, who you vote for is public knowledge? Never knew that. Thought it was private.

• I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wait...do you mean, who you vote for is public knowledge? Never knew that. Thought it was private.

It might be that voters in their state have to choose Repub/Dem ballot in the primary and the ballot choice is recorded and is public record but not their actual votes on the ballot.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

It might be that voters in their state have to choose Repub/Dem ballot in the primary and the ballot choice is recorded and is public record but not their actual votes on the ballot.

Jill just voted in the general election though. We can make assumptions that she voted a straight R ticket, and we could well be wrong. She might have voted D down ticket. But we won't know unless she tells us.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

In Arkansas, when you register to vote, you can register as Republican, Democrat, or Optional. That is what’s recorded and public information. Arkansas is an open ballot state, so at the primaries, you can choose either R or D no matter what you’re registered as. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I don't think Jill will vote Biden, but I could see her writing in Ben Sasse or Ronald Reagan as a sort of protest vote. 

(And honestly, I'm fine with Republicans who do that. One less vote for Trump is always okay by me.)

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

12 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’m not saying Jill isn’t voting republican, but...In 2016 a friend of mine from high school blogged about the number of staunchly conservative people she knew (including herself) who were secretly voting for Clinton. She found out only because of an earlier post where she wrote why she couldn’t in good conscience vote for Trump and she was overwhelmed by the number of emails from other women in her area who publicly went along with who their husbands voted for (Trump) while actually voting for Clinton. 

I’m one of those women. I wrote in Rubio four years ago (couldn’t stand Trump even then). Yesterday, I voted for Biden. I live in a very red city and almost everyone I know (including my husband) is voting Trump or third party. Or they’re just not telling.

I see a lot of social media posts from other conservative Christian women (like Jill) who are voting for Biden. She might be one of them. The last four years have made a lot of us change our minds.

I will say, if she votes Democrat I doubt she will advertise it. It really hurts to be called a baby-killer by people you love.

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 9

Most of the Duggars are tribal republican I expect- you could field a sack of shit as a candidate and they’d vote for it. In 2016 DD confirmed he voted for Trump solely based on abortion - I really doubt Jill is doing anything different.

The voting message is deliberately vague in my view to appear educational and distance from the MAGA antics of her family. The Dillards are creating a new, non Duggar brand. Most of Jill’s original followers will be people who liked the Duggars so she’s not going to alienate them by endorsing Biden, nor is she going to alienate her new supporters who think she’s ‘breaking away’ by endorsing Trump.

it remains to be seen if Derick can keep his mouth shut- history says no.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I've noticed Jana & Jessa have really attached themselves to Joy since Annabelle died. I think the family was worried she would be like Jill and drift away. I honestly think the biggest issue with Jill & Joy is Austin & Derick  I can see Austin hating Derick for bein an "intellectual" and Derick hating Austin for being a a "dumb hick" I think had Jill stayed in the cult that she & Joy wouldn't have stayed that close, Austin & Derick are like oil & water.  Austin is 100% country boy and he doesn't seem interested in expanding his world view in any way shape or form. 

I think they were worried she needed more help, because she was going through trauma. Joy will never escape fundiedom. She's very fundie herself and she's married to another the "perfect" fundie son-in-law. Their combined indoctrination will keep them fundies forever. Joy is trapped in fundiedom forever. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

But we aren't talking about the primaries. They just voted in the general. 

Someone up thread said she voted in the primary as a registered republican. 

I'm sorry but there is no WAY Jill & Derick voted anything other than straight R. They may not be drinking JB's flavor of Koolaid anymore but they are still CONSERVATIVE Southern Baptists so they are drinking that koolaid. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

@HeartsAFundie You can look up voters registration status and she's a registered republican. They also voted in the primaries straight republican as well  

She must have switched over at some point even if only to show unity with Derick.  I swear back in 2016 her listed party was "optional" (or "unenrolled" as they say in my state).  

If 2016 has taught us anything, it's that you never know what folks do once they actually get to the ballot box.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 2

Well, she has moved (more than once as I recall) since 2016.  Each time you move, you have to re-register/change your registration.  Also, it is my experience that when you register to vote at say the DMV that process doesn't allow you to indicate an affiliation. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Also, it is my experience that when you register to vote at say the DMV that process doesn't allow you to indicate an affiliation. 

That depends on the state. The last state I lived I was able to register as “undecided” or whatever it was so I didn’t have a specific label. Currently I’m listed as a democrat because being D/R was the only way I can vote in the primaries. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic