IGNORED

Dillards 87: Experts on Everything!

samurai_sarah

I saw on a fundie Tmblr that Derick's Instagram bio says Reformed Former Counting On cast member with the hashtag enlightened.  

Interesting. They really are breaking away. I wonder if his mom and brother have helped pull them/him from the JB brink.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

I checked his Instagram and it does indeed say “Reformed Counting On cast member #enlightened”. Wow!

Jill’s recent post of them at a pumpkin farm with some of Derick’s family looks so normal, no hordes of children all dressed in matching outfits, just Israel and Sam with their little cousin Jaxon and parents and grandparents. Lovely. 

Edited by Angelface
Missed part of post.Auto correction error
  • Upvote 21
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I checked his Instagram and it does indeed say “Reformed Counting On cast member #enlightened”. Wow!

Jill’s recent post of them at a pumpkin farm with some of Derick’s family looks so normal, no hordes of children all dressed in matching outfits, just Israel and Sam with their little cousin Jason and parents and grandparents. Lovely. 

And not to be all leghumpery but Israel's mask is very cute and I'm so glad to see them taking covid safety seriously and trying to make it as fun for the kids as possible.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 14

I understand the leghumper thing but I think when someone is finding their way out of such a deep hole some of this type of support can be really helpful. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 2

I was just thinking. We never see posts from Jill about ‘Best Husband Ever’ do you think it was a conscience decision to stop? 

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I was just thinking. We never see posts from Jill about ‘Best Husband Ever’ do you think it was a conscience decision to stop? 

I saw one on her instagram story recently 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, purple_summer said:

I saw one on her instagram story recently 

Yes, #besthubbyever brought her breakfast in the bathroom.

• Confused 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Yes, #besthubbyever brought her breakfast in the bathroom.

I feel like I need more details!

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Jill looks like Jessa in that photo of the 4 of them. 

I'm not so sure I believe their version of events, didn't TLC say they fired Derrick for being a dick to Jazz? I'm sure the truth is in there somewhere between him being an asshole to a teenage girl and them leaving because JB is a control freak.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I doubt TLC was fully honest and I doubt Derrick/Jill are fully honest. And I 100% would never believe anything Jim Bob or Michelle says. 

Not only is Jill in jeans, but she's in ripped jeans. I'm legit happy; this is amazing progress for her. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

27 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jill looks like Jessa in that photo of the 4 of them. 

I'm not so sure I believe their version of events, didn't TLC say they fired Derrick for being a dick to Jazz? I'm sure the truth is in there somewhere between him being an asshole to a teenage girl and them leaving because JB is a control freak.  

I honestly think Derick was nasty to Jazz not just because he's a transphobe, but because everything (them asking TLC for money and TLC being like, not our problem) with TLC had already happened, and he was bitter and angry at TLC.  I think TLC saying he was fired is them covering their arses after the fact - it's not like they're a network who are paragons of moral virtue. Why would he go after a TLC star if he was still working for and invested in Counting On? it's not like Jazz is the only public trans figure out there. I don't know that I believe TLC really cares about any of its stars - it wouldn't show half the things it does if it did.

I feel like I recall TLC or someone saying the Dillards had stopped showing up to filming, which makes me feel like the timeline could maybe be a little murky - not showing up is slightly different than officially quitting, and maybe there was a bit of a grey area while the Dillards processed everything/gathered their courage to officially quit. It cost TLC nothing to say they had fired the Dillards, because the Dillards at least unofficially were already not filming. 

It would be interesting to know the specifics of what the Dillards were told they could not do are, and if they were genuine production things, or Jim Bob using the show as an excuse to control them (seems more likely).

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

So hard to be truly happy for Jill knowing that she has limited contact with family. Plus we all know JB will be on the look out for guys like Derick and Jeremy from now on. He will try his very best to make sure the last 4 daughters have minimal contact with educated and fundie lite men.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

28 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

So hard to be truly happy for Jill knowing that she has limited contact with family. Plus we all know JB will be on the look out for guys like Derick and Jeremy from now on. He will try his very best to make sure the last 4 daughters have minimal contact with educated and fundie lite men.

I'm conflicted because wanting the best for these people means means  knowing that it might involve some degree of family disharmony, which is never pleasant. Necessary, perhaps, but not enjoyable. I just hope that it's not totally awful and that they figure it out. 

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I thought JB and M's quote was interesting "Every family has differences of opinion and perspective at times, but families work things out. We all love Jill, Derick, and their boys very much.  It is our prayer that our relationship is healed and fully restored quickly!" But this has been going on for some time, right?

They kind of sound like Harry and Megan wanting to get control over their life. " Jill, 29, tells PEOPLE she and her husband Derick Dillard, 31, realized they'd lost the power to dictate their own lives."

• Upvote 26

I think there’s a certain amount of ‘gloss’ here. DD admitted they were annoyed they didn’t get money for hospital expenses; DD actively solicited donations  while he was at Cross college; DD said offensive things about Jazz & Nate; DD claimed they wanted privacy and said he thought reality TV was child abuse.

Now the spin is they were prevented from becoming missionaries ( but decline to say by whom) but despite leaving the show are not in fact missionaries: they have a public blog; Instagram, YouTube and paid articles in People and said they would consider another TV show. 
We know JB and Michelle are shitty parents who stunted and exploited their children for their own gain and ego. Jill was the victim of shocking abuse and her parents did fuck all to prevent it or help her try to recover. However the Dillards are putting a spin on this - they have every right to not say anything- but they keep amending the narrative which makes me think they are simply gearing up to get all the perks of fame once again. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I don’t really understand this line of thinking. Sometimes the best thing is limited contact and having family harmony with harmful family is NOT a good thing. The more distance they get from the DugBorg, the better. 

• Upvote 15
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

@closetcagebabyI can't help it. I just "kinda" feel bad. She still lives near them and all the other married siblings can just pop up at the family home anytime they feel like it. I feel like Josh did a whole lot worse. I wonder does he have to have an appt to visit home as well. Then again he probably doesn't want to anyway. I remember an old clip where a young Josiah was explaining about Amy being family....but not like them. I guess Izzy and Sam will fall in that category as well. I'm also trying to figure out how Jeremy and Jinger are treated differently when they are living similar. Is it because Jeremy is studying to be a "pastor"? They still appear on the show plus I thought he would harder to control since he's older?

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

We know JB and Michelle are shitty parents who stunted and exploited their children for their own gain and ego. Jill was the victim of shocking abuse and her parents did fuck all to prevent it or help her try to recover. However the Dillards are putting a spin on this - they have every right to not say anything- but they keep amending the narrative which makes me think they are simply gearing up to get all the perks of fame once again. 

This.  The more I hear from these two, the more I think Derick is a law school dilettante.  They want what they used to have, just on their own terms.  I don't think he has any intention of working a typical job.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

@Tangy Bee the Duggars are not normal people. While they seem to hang out together a lot it may just be for filming or childcare. Lots of families are close and loving but don’t feel the need to do everything together or visit all the time.

One good thing is that Jill seems to have friends with similar aged children so her children still get play dates etc. They realise that doing stuff as a small family without it being a travelling circus can be fun.

As for Jinger - my guess they are not going to fall out with JB & M - they are far enough away not to have to be part of the BS but can reap the benefits of the publicity to form their own ‘brand’.

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

@Tangy Bee the Duggars are not normal people. While they seem to hang out together a lot it may just be for filming or childcare. Lots of families are close and loving but don’t feel the need to do everything together or visit all the time.

One good thing is that Jill seems to have friends with similar aged children so her children still get play dates etc. They realise that doing stuff as a small family without it being a travelling circus can be fun.

As for Jinger - my guess they are not going to fall out with JB & M - they are far enough away not to have to be part of the BS but can reap the benefits of the publicity to form their own ‘brand’.

I agree with all of this and I will add Joy & Austin, to the not falling out with JB & M.  Yet they are financially self sufficient enough and "gainfully employed" enough that they also don't have to be part of the BS, unless they WANT to, while still reaping the benefits of publicity on their own terms.  The biggest difference in Austin & Jeremey & Derrick is that Austin actually works for a living and will continue to do so, the other 2 just want the cash and the attention. 

Did I read somewhere that JinJer and JB & M had a huge falling out over them moving to LA, but kind of had to get over it for appearance sake? Well JB did, I think M & Jinger are super close, M seems very close with the oldest 4 daughters, as she's at least TRYING to maintain some type of relationship with Jill where JB won't. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic