IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

It could be a pregnancy announcement, if Lauren is getting ready to announce and brought the photographer out and Jessa's pee stick dried, they may have jumped early while she was there and she's just not showing.  I know they get photo shoots for other things too, but, I swear its seems like 4 out of 5 are for announcements!

Then again, maybe not, but, time will tell.

• Upvote 3

It looks like at least 3 of them got portraits at the same time - maybe it’s more to help a friend build their business? Or for some kind of sponsorship? Maybe a TLC related photographer? 

14 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

It looks like at least 3 of them got portraits at the same time - maybe it’s more to help a friend build their business? Or for some kind of sponsorship? Maybe a TLC related photographer? 

the mumblings on fundie snark tumblr are pretty 50/50. Some say that since this is a popular fundie photographer (I think one or two of the bates have use her but I don't follow the bates) then yeah they probably just wanted to get in on the current trend. Others think we're gearing up for babygeddon 2021. 

I try to hope its the former because I don't know if I can handle the latter this year.

• Upvote 5

I did a thing. I was curious about what names the duggar kids would have if JB&M had just picked the most popular J-name that year according to the Social Security Administration. I skipped ethnically latino names (Jesus, Juan) and I went with the most popular name each year which wasn't largely similar to any other names on the list. For instance, no Jenna after a Jennifer, no Jaqueline after Jack or Juliana after Julia or Jayla after Jaden.

I present the revised Duggar family:

1988 Joshua -  Joshua (4)
1990 Jana -  Jessica (1)
1990 John -  James (8)
1991 Jill -  Jennifer (8)
1992 Jessa -  Jasmine (28)
1993 Jinger -   Jordan (58)
1995 Joseph -   Jacob (4)
1996 Josiah -   Joseph (12)
1997 Joy -  Julia (37)
1998 Jedediah -  John (15)
1998 Jeremiah -   Justin (20)
2000 Jason -   Jason (39)
2001 James -  Jack (48)
2002 Justin -  Jared (84)
2004 Jackson -   Jayden (62)
2005 Johannah -  Jocelyn (87)
2007 Jennifer -   Jillian (186)
2008 Jordyn -   Joanna (283)
2009 Josie -  Josie (310)

Kids who keep their name: Josh, Jason, Josie

Names that stay but with different kids: James, Jennifer, Jordan, Joseph, John, Justin, Jill(ian)

New names: Jessica (close!), Jasmine, Jacob, Julia, Jack, Jared, Jayden, Jocelyn, Joanna (close!)

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, theotherelise said:

went with the most popular name each year which wasn't largely similar to any other names on the list. For instance, no Jenna after a Jennifer, no Jaqueline after Jack or Juliana after Julia or Jayla after Jaden.

funny that you did this since the Duggars clearly didn't

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

I’ve always wondered how they didn’t end up with a Jacob.

Have they ever commented on how they came up with Jinger? Even Ginger isn’t a common name.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve always wondered how they didn’t end up with a Jacob.

Have they ever commented on how they came up with Jinger? Even Ginger isn’t a common name.

If I remember correctly, Ginger and Hannah are Michele’s favorite names, so they just J-ified them. 

The Vuolos wound up naming their cat Jake, which I assumed was kind of a funny passive aggressive way of saying the Duggars should have had a Jacob. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

I was always surprised they never had a Julia. Although I think Julie was JB’s pick for Jordyn. 

Also, you get more credit than the Duggars do for avoiding similar names (ahem, Jana, Joy-Anna, Johannah). Although I do think Jason and Jayden would be too similar in a family that was actually concerned about such things. 

• Upvote 5

Yeah even Jack and Jacob are similar. I think you could do Jacob and Jacqueline or Jackson and Jacob. 

it does start getting difficult by the end no matter what. Lord only know what Karissa Collins will end up with. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Yeah even Jack and Jacob are similar. I think you could do Jacob and Jacqueline or Jackson and Jacob. 

it does start getting difficult by the end no matter what. Lord only know what Karissa Collins will end up with. 

Jack is/was a nickname for John.  A

• Upvote 4

I was always so surprised they neverr used Julie or Julia but did use Johanna not Joanna and both are equally similar to Joyanna. I was also surprised it took them that long to get to Josie and Jordyn too. And that they never used Jessica. I really feel like the most logical thing was to just used the most common things. 

11 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

If I remember correctly, Ginger and Hannah are Michele’s favorite names, so they just J-ified them. 

Okay hoping on the ISB but I wonder if maybe her naming Jinger her favorite name but with a J was maybe a silent hope that Jinger would be the last baby because she was starting to get overwhelmed

• Upvote 4

Michelle would never allow a Julia or Julie.  That was the name of an old girlfriend of Jim Bob's supposedly.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Michelle would never allow a Julia or Julie.  That was the name of an old girlfriend of Jim Bob's supposedly.

Hmmm, where did that come from? I thought Jimbob didn't have any previous girlfriends; just that Michelle had "baggage" from previous boyfriends.

• Upvote 3

They said something about it on an episode when the kids were voting on the name for Jennifer or Jordyn.  I think it was Jordyn.  Michelle nixed Julia very quickly.

21 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Michelle had "baggage" from previous boyfriends.

Men can have girlfriends.  Woman can't without risking pieces of their heart.  Besides they weren't Gothardized before marriage.

• Upvote 12

Michelle refused to name either Jordyn or Josie Julie Grace,  but I'm 99% sure, on the show at least, she never said anything about  JB having had a girlfriend named Julie. I think  Michelle just picks names she likes, which is why we have Joseph, Josiah and Josie etc. There's no logic or reasons beyond Michelle's personal taste. Also I really think Jim Bob would still talk at least a little bit of how he gave pieces of his heart away, even if he hadn't reached Michelle's depths of depravity by lawnmowing in a bikini.

Also absolutely nothing comes up about Jim Bob having a girlfriend named Julie if you try to google it. You do get interviews where Michelle says Jim Bob has liked Julie for ages but the kids have a vote now (which is what we see in the episode). If there's any conspiracy imo it's that Michelle might've given them a vote to avoid acquiescing to 'Julie', which I don't think she would need if she had a reason other than taste.

20210116_093300.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Did one parent really come up with “Jinger” and the other agreed? REALLY? There is no excuse for that name. J names are fairly plentiful, pick something more palatable. Remember when they used to go on TV to make PG announcements, and Anne Curry (IIRC) called Jinger, “Ging-er”? Serves them right. Such a horrible name made worse with the cree8tive spelling. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

For reasons stated above I also do not believe JB had a girlfriend named Julie. Otherwise he would have never brought up that name.

My theory about not using or even talking about (on the program, at least) using Jacob is that it was a guy who may have given Michelle all her lifelong horrible baggage by kissing her, or asking to kiss her, or putting his arm around her at a movie, etc. Kind of like the Julie theory.

The whole 'baggage' claim is probably just a way to emphasize staying true to JB's code. Those fundies like trying to create startling "Testimonies!!!" 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

While trying to find more info about the home JB sold to Justin I found out James has a house

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2139567/james-buys-home-jim-bob-sells-justin-trailer/

james has house and instagram account. Let the speculation begin.

I think James and Jer are in courtships.  They've had instagram accounts for months without a post, just like Justin did before his  courtship announcement. 

Edited by Stop_Counting
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

14 hours ago, Stop_Counting said:

While trying to find more info about the home JB sold to Justin I found out James has a house

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2139567/james-buys-home-jim-bob-sells-justin-trailer/

james has house and instagram account. Let the speculation begin.

I think James and Jer are in courtships.  They've had instagram accounts for months without a post, just like Justin did before his  courtship announcement. 

I will say I envy the Duggar kids their remodeling skills. Nobody ever taught me that stuff ? To be able to to that work at 19 is pretty impressive and really useful.....if you have the work ethic to back it up

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I guess the James courting rumors aren't new. It's crazy that there are credible, or "credible",  courtship rumors about Jed, Jer, Jason, James and Jana.  

Edited by Stop_Counting

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an interesting question on Reddit and thought it could be a funny thing to do here too. If you had a time machine and could send Duggar, Bates, fundie in general back on a period they worship, what it would be? And what their reaction would be? 

I would like to send the Duggars back to the middle 19 century. They would maybe last a day 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I saw an interesting question on Reddit and thought it could be a funny thing to do here too. If you had a time machine and could send Duggar, Bates, fundie in general back on a period they worship, what it would be? And what their reaction would be? 

I would like to send the Duggars back to the middle 19 century. They would maybe last a day 

What location would you send them to in the middle 19th century? Rural, city, mining town etc?

They wouldn't last long, because there was more disease back then, and they would just ignore it and try to pray it away until they got TB or something. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Interesting this confirms Jayden had its heyday in the early 2000s, while Whit and Zach Bates are getting to it now and it's not as popular (#33 in 2020, peaked at #4 in 2011).

Also interesting Jill and Jenny's names are switched.

37 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

What location would you send them to in the middle 19th century? Rural, city, mining town, etc?

They wouldn't last long, because there was more disease back then, and they would just ignore it and try to pray it away until they got TB or something. 

Mmm I would say rural city, and they won't last to the end of the day because their default setting is laziness, also they would think they are so much better than everyone else. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic