IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

On 12/20/2020 at 7:34 AM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

@ophelia Try calming her worries by explaining that the vaccine wasn’t quick due to despair. It was quick because it was a result of the best of humanity: cooperation, science and personal sacrifice towards a common benefit for human kind. the issue that slows most medications getting approval is it takes usually years to get enough people to volunteer for the Phase I and Phase II trials to reach a relevant sample size required. For this vaccine THOUSANDS of people from many different countries volunteered to risk their personal safety for Phase I, II & III. That’s why it was ready so quickly. It’s an inspirational story of hope triumphant, not a cautionary tale of desperate long shot. 

Thank you @BlessingsVonFundiePants and all the others that have taking the time to write and explain things and to help my. I appreciate it a lot. While I honestly will avoid that subject over the holidays, I'm glad that I'll have a few arguments when it comes up the next time.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Has Hilary said they have filmed wedding dress shopping? That really surprises me. I cannot believe Michelle would keep her beak out of that and drag along some of the younger daughters if they were filming.

Ok I looked back and she answered a comment about wedding dress shopping (not Miz Renee!) and separately has said they've done filming for TLC. I can't find it on insta but here's some screenshots. So don't worry, still an excellent chance Michelle and kids were there for the sweet & precious day!

OMG Ma Spivey creeping in behind Clairitin in the engagement party insta post is killing me ?

Spoiler

image.png.8b89939e9708bc6fd6466372a3df664d.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

Those oversized jeans truly are atrocious, but WTF is going on with the guy in a casual polo shirt and very worn house shoes(?)!?!? Is he Kord's father or the pastor? I'm all for casual clothes (I often spend weekends at home in my pajamas) but that's NOT what you wear to a wedding, especially if you are front and center with a boutonniere in your jacket...

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think Hilary Spivey is going to be one to watch! 

Truly do not understand how none of the Duggars or TLC people have reined in her insta but I am here for it! Definitely predict that some nugget she drops will lead sleuthers to find the wedding date/location. Stranger things have happened...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

Their updated page kind of really highlighted how young Justin is to be in a relationship... How can they not see this?!  

They've got Covenant Eyes on

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

The Duggars are boring right now. Maybe some of them have Covid and  are hiding it after their flaunting social distancing and don't want that information out?  (I really don't wish that on anyone!) We need something exciting for the new year. Is Justin's upcoming wedding as good as it gets?

• Upvote 2

I wonder who wrote the bio’s? Michelle? Interesting that the cover photo they chose is missing  the latest round of grandkids. Must be the last group photo they took. Jill’s seems extra Jesus-y.

19 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20201230-160824.thumb.png.f3f777aa7c30dec46bffb67c54ac5414.png

This description is so depressing.

Ah, so the older girls “love helping out with the little ones” or “are such good big sisters” and now the little girls “contestant lay tidying up anything and everything around her” the more things change the more they stay the same.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

I'm trying to read all the bios for the Duggar children and inlaws, but am getting fed up with all! the unnecessary! exclamation points!

Of course Josh and Anna's bio doesn't say anything about him being a sex pest (not even to claim that he was reformed through the grace of Jeebus).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

So it seems the decision to have an enormous tree was so it could be a plot line for Counting On. It would have been more interesting if they’d decided to say why they have changed their minds about having Santa etc but I guess it’s about appearing to be more mainstream and ‘wholesome’ so they can keep the show going. TLC should make a stand and refuse to to film Covid deniers.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

My personal theory about the Duggars is that they aren't Covid deniers (assuming that that means they don't believe it exists.) I think most of them have had it already, in fact (like the Bates did- I think if Carlin hadn't made that YouTube video about her and Evan testing positive, none of the Bates would ever have gone public about contracting it.) I also think that their reasoning is somewhere between "it's equally as dangerous as the flu but more hyped up" and believing that if they die from it, it's God's will.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

By ‘Covid denier’ I meant they follow the line that it’s no more dangerous than the regular flu and anything that interrupts them doing exactly what they want is an affront to their freedom. They really do not care about the greater good or the wider community. However, as we have seen over the years, if they need to pretend it makes a difference in order to get TLC money, they’ll go along with it in front of the cameras. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Did she post before or after Reddit?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

What even was the point of that “party”. Cooper Dauers IG stories (public but probably gone already) showed prayers and hymns being projected on a screen like movie night. How exciting ?

• Upvote 4

This is also being discussed in the Claritin thread.  The IG shots came from a Sun story...of course the Sun pilfered the info and pics from Reddit.

What is interesting about Pickles’ info is the FB post from someone who claims to have been at ‘a large NYE party (250-300 people) at a private home in AR’ that sounds a lot like the TTH. If that is legit, that party was MUCH larger than their typical NYE parties.

My working theory is that this was also a Claritin ‘preception’ since they’re not going to be able to have their typical 1000-plus person wedding. 

• Upvote 8

That article says JD landed on the property in his HELICOPTER! ?

He has a helicopter? And flies it to parties at his parents house? While living in a trailer? It’s getting harder and harder for me to believe these people are actually real ...

And how come they never told anyone JD is a pilot? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic