IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

Given these people obsess over getting married that wedding looked thrown together. I get they opted for a cowboy theme but I find it sad that hardly anyone dresses up.JB & M looked like they were about to go shopping at Walmart or something. 
So I guess the Justin/Claire wedding will be classier assuming TLC are paying. I still think it would be irresponsible to film a superspreader wedding but then they have allowed JB & M back on the show so responsibility isn’t top of their priorities. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

The old fundie heart in me tripped a little in my chest when I read about that prayer log. Brief moment of thinking it’s romantic. Then reality kicked in and I remembered that it’s all such bullshit - girls are expected to wait and pray for their husbands for years while the guys go sow their oats and then settle with a meek and submissive wife. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Oh my. I do kind of hope that prayer logs are the Gen-Z fundie take on hope chests!

Was it the Botkins sisters who were so big on the hope chests? What are they doing now with all those baby items and home goods??

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Based on her ig, They got engaged on thanksgiving and got married yesterday. 3 weeks and 2 days engaged ?

trumpers are in full panic mode, many are fully convinced that the second Joe is sworn in the country is going into lockdown and everything will be closed for months.  And seeing what is going on in SE England right now it is fueling their fear. Fundies have to hurry and marry now so they can spend lock down humping like bunnies in wedded bliss ignorance as opposed to burning with unholy desires. 

Am I the only one that went here?  GenX FTW!

https://youtu.be/-fQGPZTECYs

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 3

I don't see anything wrong with praying for a future husband, but I do find it extremely sad that that is the only thing those girls pray about. What about your family's health, knowledge, education, skill training, friendship, travel, service. There are tons of things to life. A future husband could well be one of them, but I find it sad that it is the only thing for them. 

• Upvote 26

I don’t hate the hat, and the company sort of appears to be just the traditional religious rodeo/cowboy type...  it actually may lead to the loosening of some of the ultra legalistic views of the Duggar kids they are friends with on things like “wearing pants” and “no work for women.” I know several of those types, and even the ‘SAHM’ type work hard.  

That said, they will likely stay within the community and not see a lot on the outside.  It’s a larger community with more dating options.... but it’s heavily conservative and religious.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, xenobia said:

Thanks - I had fun putting the pieces together :) 

I didn't care much for the cowboy hat either, but I had more problems with the jeans. You can get married in anything you like, but it looked a bit weird with the bride in a classic wedding dress and the groom in jeans. Don't think that JB&M would have approved of a new son-in-law wearing jeans at the wedding....

I feel like this is a visual test of sorts because I didn’t even notice or register the jeans because I was so distracted by the hat. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

trumpers are in full panic mode, many are fully convinced that the second Joe is sworn in the country is going into lockdown and everything will be closed for months.  And seeing what is going on in SE England right now it is fueling their fear. Fundies have to hurry and marry now so they can spend lock down humping like bunnies in wedded bliss ignorance as opposed to burning with unholy desires. 

Am I the only one that went here?  GenX FTW!

https://youtu.be/-fQGPZTECYs

No, but hilarious. This is where my mind went: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_yQhALyAx0

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Job lot 34  inch waist. 34 inch length.

Did nobody know how to take up a hem on a pair of jeans?

If only there had been a real Proverbs 31-woman around! 

Although what I really came here to say was that I didn't notice at first that the next Mrs Duggar (aka Claire Spivey) was one of the bridesmaids. But I can't see Justin anywhere. I do think he was around though. Perhaps behind the camera?

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, xenobia said:

If only there had been a real Proverbs 31-woman around! 

Although what I really came here to say was that I didn't notice at first that the next Mrs Duggar (aka Claire Spivey) was one of the bridesmaids. But I can't see Justin anywhere. I do think he was around though. Perhaps behind the camera?

Justin was a groomsman I think. Claire’s mom posted a bunch of pics on her Instagram and Justin is wearing the same ugly outfit the groomsmen wore. 

• Upvote 2

"Hey kids, you want to show your devotion to the Lord?" 
"Uh huh, uh huh!"
"How 'bout praying in church?"
"No."
"In a closet?"
"No!"
"Well ok, you pick how to pray."

(to the tune of Blammo's Log):

?Supports your prayers, alone or in pairs; a splintery path to God. 

Sit on your butt and tell Jesus what, it's God's love log.

It's log, it's log, it's big, it's holy, it's wood. It's log, it's log, it'll show God you're good. Everyone wants a log, Jesus suggests a log, come on and get your log, log, log....?

Of course Jesus endorses log, he's a carpenter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, artdecades said:

Prayer log is amazing. I am at a loss for words

will she pass the prayer log down to her children? It this an heirloom prayer log?

I pass a log every day, not gunna pass it to my kid though lol 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Justin was a groomsman I think. Claire’s mom posted a bunch of pics on her Instagram and Justin is wearing the same ugly outfit the groomsmen wore. 

There’s one staged group photo of the groomsmen and bridesmaids where Justin is on one knee , and Claire is perched on his leg, with his hand on her thigh and her arm around his shoulder. Very snuggly. You would never guess they were hardcore no kissy, no touchy, keep your hands to yourself til you get a wedding ring. Better get them kids in front of a preacher lol

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 12/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, xenobia said:

Since I obviously don't have anything better to do, I followed a few leads. 

I remembered that Ma Spivey posted on IG about a visit from a family they are friends with (the Wikstroms - sounds swedish, btw), where the daughter was about to get married (really soon). Ma Spivey mentioned that her name is Grace. I googled and found a wedding registry for Grace Wikstrom, who supposedly got married yesterday to Kord Etbauer. She has an open IG (miss._gracie)(yes, a dot and underscore), but no info there about a wedding yet. Several duggar related people follow her: Joy, Laura DeMasie, the Caldwell family, among others. 

Then I checked Kord's IG. Also public, and followed by people like Jed and James Duggar). His insta-story has pictures of the wedding. On the way out from the church they are passing by a couple that look very much like the Caldwells. It's very, very likely that the Duggars were there as well. 

And: Yes, of course there were a lot of people, with no masks or social/physical distancing in sight.

I did a bit of digging on the Wikstroms and found that Grace Wikstrom's brother, Devin, married Lauren Andregg in July. Kord Etbauer was the photographer for that wedding and Grace was a bridesmaid. They started courting in September, which I'd guess was jump-started by the wedding. A couple of Howlers were groomsmen in the summer wedding too. These people are so intertwined it's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I did a bit of digging on the Wikstroms and found that Grace Wikstrom's brother, Devin, married Lauren Andregg in July. Kord Etbauer was the photographer for that wedding and Grace was a bridesmaid. They started courting in September, which I'd guess was jump-started by the wedding. A couple of Howlers were groomsmen in the summer wedding too. These people are so intertwined it's ridiculous. 

I totally agree. All the fundies are intertwined. That’s partly why I consider it cultish. They only have a rather small circle of friends and people to marry. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Isn't one of the Andregg sisters supposedly involved with Warden Bates? If that wedding happens it'll be fundiepalooza.

I quite like the bridesmaids' dresses: the navy blue below-the-knee looks very cute with cowboy boots, and the geometric lace detailing is chic. The bouquets are huge: someone spent money on florals! But I agree with all of you above: the groomsmens'  jeans are horrifically ill-fitting and the men in general look bad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

It honestly isn't the cowboy outfits. I have seen that style done very well at weddings. It boils down to how ill-fitting they are.  It's ironic how oblivious to what shit homemakers this makes these fundie gals look like. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

I see “sitting on a log in the snow” and remember pain!! Maybe because “my” log was at a bus stop and I wasn’t praying the 45 minutes I sat waiting for the VERY overdue bus, but I got a “lovely” bladder infection/UTI... ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Job lot 34  inch waist. 34 inch length.

Did nobody know how to take up a hem on a pair of jeans?

20201221_192550.jpg

That's Justin far right in the photo. All grown up: Shorter hair, a little bit less skinny, holding himself with a confident posture, but after all, he's 18 now and a manly man with a fiancee

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

Yes! Here’s the discussion I was after! I saw the photos and if Justin and Claire are ok with this superspreader wedding I’m sure theirs will be just the same. And probably soon. They’ve been engaged waaay longer then Grace and Kord. Or does it just feel longer then three weeks?

The three month courtship, three week engagement seem so insane to me. I know it’s the fundie way. I know people get married after a few months and live happily ever after. I even know actual people that did that. But still. Three weeks!!

I wonder if Justin and Claire thinks Biden is closing America down in four weeks ...

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Yes! Here’s the discussion I was after! I saw the photos and if Justin and Claire are ok with this superspreader wedding I’m sure theirs will be just the same. And probably soon.

SAME, I agree! And Ma Spivey has said on insta that they have already done some wedding dress shopping filming. I don't think it's fair at all for TLC to expose their crew members to a superspreader wedding but I really think it's going to happen. I guess they'll follow whatever the guidelines in Texas are (or claim they are) but it's going to be totally irresponsible. A February wedding wouldn't surprise me at all. There is no way these two are going to wait until the pandemic subsides.

• I Agree 4

Has Hilary said they have filmed wedding dress shopping? That really surprises me. I cannot believe Michelle would keep her beak out of that and drag along some of the younger daughters if they were filming.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic