IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

47 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Yeah, but doesn't their response really just add to the speculation? I think that ignoring it would have been a much better option. By buttoning up their blog and blocking people on Insta they're basically confirming that they have something to hide.

once the cat's out of the bag (ie a tabloid picking it up), I don't see how speculation here or on reddit can make it worse. what does us having one more bit of gossip fodder really matter now? whereas, an unscrupulous tabloid can harass you and ruin your life, even if it's unlikely, and has a much wider reach than fj or reddit (although I would consider reddit discussing me also grounds for locking something tbh). I hate when fundies delete posts or go private because I'm nosey, but it's honestly such a sensible, relatable decision, especially when they're Duggar adjacent. Stephen's smart to have a private insta and a public decoy one (presumably), if I were fundie I would be telling my friends to learn from him (*cough* Lawson Bates)

ETA: I agree that if they'd made it private before we had that photo, it might have increased the suspicion unduly, but on the other hand, we wouldn't have that photo and we'd probably forget all about the Wissmanns until Jana and Stephen announced. Once we had that photo locking the blog is relatively immaterial.

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

If the announcement of a courtship (Jana/Stephen or Jed/Jer and Hannah) when do you all think it will happen? People have mostly forgotten about Justin's wedding at the moment and it could be so until some more photos will leak or release by them (probably when they will come back from their honeymoon) or until they announce a pregnancy... So when it will be a good time for a new announcement? 

Especially now that there are a lot of speculation and people have found the Amazon registry for April 3 and a Zola one password protect. I feel like we could hear something soon but maybe the Duggars will want to wait a bit more. 

When does usually CO come back? There was like two season in the year right? 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

why dont they like the astra zeneca one?

It has a bad reputation due to the conflict between the EU and AZ a while back and because it turned out that it isn't as efficient as for example Biontech. Scientists and politicians have been trying weeks now to somewhat redeem AZ and promote it as a totally fine and effective vaccine, but the bad press stuck. As of today there even is a recommendation that even older people could safely get it, but I doubt it will change much.

3 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Yeah, but doesn't their response really just add to the speculation? I think that ignoring it would have been a much better option. By buttoning up their blog and blocking people on Insta they're basically confirming that they have something to hide.

It probably adds to the speculation, but I'd prefer that over giving tabloids access to 15 years worth of family photos and anecdotes.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Somehow this AstraZeneca thing has been turned into a Brexit thing as well. Sick of people in the UK acting as if our vaccination programme is ahead due to Brexit, ffs. 

• I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

Ok so I'm slacking on keeping up with these people. So the current speculated courtships are Jana with Stephen Wissman, and some combination of Jed/Jer with Katey Nakatsu/Hannah Wissman? Throw in Lauren Caldwell and whatever eligible Duggar male is left? Am I missing anyone?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Ok so I'm slacking on keeping up with these people. So the current speculated courtships are Jana with Stephen Wissman, and some combination of Jed/Jer with Katey Nakatsu/Hannah Wissman? Throw in Lauren Caldwell and whatever eligible Duggar male is left? Am I missing anyone?

Jason and James are legal adults. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

17 hours ago, ophelia said:

It probably adds to the speculation, but I'd prefer that over giving tabloids access to 15 years worth of family photos and anecdotes.

I have to agree with this, if you've written a blog for quite a limited/specific audience, and it's full of personal information, you'd be wise to not let tabloid journalists dig through it. It's sad that someone like Jana has to factor this into her relationships - if there really is something going on here (and it looks very possible) it's been a long time coming, and I wish she could relax into enjoying it rather than bracing for the inevitable moment the tabloids start closing in.  The Wissmans are accustomed to a certain level of public profile/attention because of their music, but they never asked or prepared for this level of scrutiny.

• Upvote 9

Jumping on the ISB here for a minute. Do we think it's a coincidence that Lawson started dating Tiffany around the same time that Jana was first photographed with Stephen? Is it possible Lawson could tell he was no match for Stephen Wissmann and gave up on Jana? Or am I crazy? I know he never reacted that way when Jana was tabloid linked to any other guys so maybe this is more evidence that she's definitely involved with Stephen.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, there was also that rumor (that Lawson milked with vague posting on Twitter iirc) but after JinJer wedding there were rumors about Lawson and Jana based also on some photos Lawson posted of Jana and comments he made under some of her Instagram posts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

The Duggars don’t really mind publicity though, do they? Yes they pull faces at negative stories but these people have always had the option of pulling out of their TV show and making their social media private. Only Jill has done the former (voluntarily) and none have done the latter. In fact they’ve ramped up their SM presence with accounts for unmarried (which they previously frowned upon), YouTube channels and paid magazine shoots/articles.

They have got used to ‘fame’ and the benefits it brings- none of them seem eager to give it up.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Jumping on the ISB here for a minute. Do we think it's a coincidence that Lawson started dating Tiffany around the same time that Jana was first photographed with Stephen? Is it possible Lawson could tell he was no match for Stephen Wissmann and gave up on Jana? Or am I crazy? I know he never reacted that way when Jana was tabloid linked to any other guys so maybe this is more evidence that she's definitely involved with Stephen.

I honestly don't believe Jana and Lawson were ever interested in each other so yes, I think it's a coincidence.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

Jana and Lawson are one of the least compatible fundie couples ever discussed here.

She wants a hands-on farmer, he wants an adoring influencer. I don't think either of them was interested in the other in a romantic way. At least not since they were adults.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 17

11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Jana and Lawson are one of the least compatible fundie couples ever discussed here.

She wants a hands-on farmer, he wants an adoring influencer. I don't think either of them was interested in the other in a romantic way. At least not since they were adults.

I think he was aware that fans were ‘shipping’ them and he was more than happy to take advantage of that for attention. But I agree, they were never going to happen IRL. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The Duggars don’t really mind publicity though, do they? Yes they pull faces at negative stories but these people have always had the option of pulling out of their TV show and making their social media private. Only Jill has done the former (voluntarily) and none have done the latter. In fact they’ve ramped up their SM presence with accounts for unmarried (which they previously frowned upon), YouTube channels and paid magazine shoots/articles.

They have got used to ‘fame’ and the benefits it brings- none of them seem eager to give it up.

God if only they’d all start pulling out- Yes, that would end it all! ?

• Haha 43

On 3/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They could hold off a little bit. JB is so controlling. He might just say he wants to wait to announce and they will have to wait. 

When I first suggested Stephen for Jana. They may have been getting to know each other back then and I didn’t even know it. 

736497D0-9327-4B59-8229-6F7C83CB3D15.jpeg

Just wanted to say if JB reads here he might have gotten the idea from you to pair them off. Good going!?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Just wanted to say if JB reads here he might have gotten the idea from you to pair them off. Good going!?

Or Stephen reads here and decided to take my advice and went after Jana ?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 15

• 2 weeks later...

So I know is Pickels, but on Tumblr, some poster said that she has posted a registry for James Duggar and Sarra Kimble to get married on July 31, and a few minutes after it was leaked it was  taken down, but the one in Amazon is still there with the same date, the Amazon one just has a few items on it, but yesterday we didn't believe that Jed! was engaged and on the verge of getting married too so just keep it in mind and sign the date on your agenda we could still have four Duggar weddings this year plus another one for 2022 (Justin+Claire, Jed+Katey, James+Sarra, and Jana+Sthepen this year and Jer+Hanna early next year) 2022 is going to be a real babypalooza Nov 2019 will look like a joke ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, SassyPants said:

God if only they’d all start pulling out- Yes, that would end it all! ?

You win the internets today.  Thank you for making me glad I was bored enough to wander into Duggarville :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

So I know is Pickels, but on Tumblr, some poster said that she has posted a registry for James Duggar and Sarra Kimble to get married on July 31, and a few minutes after it was leaked it was  taken down, but the one in Amazon is still there with the same date, the Amazon one just has a few items on it, but yesterday we didn't believe that Jed! was engaged and on the verge of getting married too so just keep it in mind and sign the date on your agenda we could still have four Duggar weddings this year plus another one for 2022 (Justin+Claire, Jed+Katey, James+Sarra, and Jana+Sthepen this year and Jer+Hanna early next year) 2022 is going to be a real babypalooza Nov 2019 will look like a joke ?

Another one!? What do we know about about this Sarra? If all of this is true that means Jason will be the only single adult left soon.

I have a theory that maybe negotiations with TLC have gone south and there's a chance they're considering cancelling CO. I say this because even if the howlers are boring and interchangeable, they would want to cover them like all the other couples. Justin didn't have his wedding filmed and Jed was apparently courting and is now engaged to get married in little over 2 weeks. That plus the almost radio silence from the official Duggar family social media makes me suspicious. I could be wrong of course.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Yes I am curious about this possiblity too. Has she been on the radar before 

• Upvote 2

A single wedding registry is not enough to convince me that there's another secret relationship.

Now, if he was following her on Instagram, that would be another story...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

A single wedding registry is not enough to convince me that there's another secret relationship.

Normally I would agree with you, but you know in this period it seems that everything is posiible, plus at least this morning there was also a free Zola registry in their name and with the same date, I haven't check to see if the listing are the same in both registries not do I know how to see where something should be shifted if I want to buy one (not that I would ever do it, but just out of curiosity that could also be good for the future) 

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

True but he follows almost only family and doesn‘t seem to be very active. 

• Thank You 3

How common is the name Duggar?

Sarra Kimble seems like a very specific name and I can find one person on LinkedIn with the name who was a 'student' in Peebles, Pittsburg in 2013-2014. If she went to high school in 2013, she should be too old for James. Or she put her elementary school on her LinkedIn ?

Could it be that there are multiple James Duggars? Or maybe she is a fangirl that wants to grift some gifts... 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic