IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Of course it’s a possible Jana courtship that made a Duggar thread go hot. 

I think the last time a Duggar thread was hot for a good while was the raid ?.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Their blog has been public forever and now all of a sudden it's private. Don't the realize that definitely will draw more speculation and attention? Why not just remain public and just not post about the relationship?? This should be easy because we never hear about a relationship until it's engagement status. So why change because it's a Duggar?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I’m a little late on this, but they do colour-coding by sex for many reality TV shows involving kids, I think. They have it for Sister Wives, for example. 

(spoiler for big-ish screenshot)

Spoiler

19390617-D657-478E-B7F8-D1718EBE4073.thumb.png.021fc251e79af32da497a6568c3d45f1.png

And ooh, possible Jana courtship. Of course, it could be a load of nothing...

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When we first saw the pic over the weekend, I honestly couldn’t tell if it was him. His head looked different because of the hair. I think he normally has a different hair cut and it could be him. He’s tall like Stephen.

BTW, Chaney took that pic down. So I think a Duggar asked her to. 

Curiouser and curiouser??

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Their blog has been public forever and now all of a sudden it's private. Don't the realize that definitely will draw more speculation and attention? Why not just remain public and just not post about the relationship?? This should be easy because we never hear about a relationship until it's engagement status. So why change because it's a Duggar?

The Burnetts completely deleted their blog! Right before they announced JD and Abbie. Probably around the time the couple was getting serious they deleted it. Fundies are strange!

• Upvote 14

About Stephen, from the family website: 

Stephen is a man of many talents. He enjoys being a pilot, assistant manager of Wissmann Enterprises, Inc., making small furniture, and being physically active through workouts and sports. He is gifted in initiating conversations that encourage and challenge, and he has a heart for ministry. He directs a lot of our music arrangements, plays mandolin and guitar, and sings lead and bass

Look! He's a pilot! That's good news, because there are no other fundie guys who are pilots. We could use one! Or two... or... ?️   ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 36

9 minutes ago, xenobia said:

About Stephen, from the family website: 

Look! He's a pilot! That's good news, because there are no other fundie guys who are pilots. We could use one! Or two... or... ?️   ?

Well that plane isn't going to fly itself from Arkansas to Nebraska (or from Nebraska to Waco for the pilgrimages to Magnolia).  

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

Well that plane isn't going to fly itself from Arkansas to Nebraska (or from Nebraska to Waco for the pilgrimages to Magnolia).  

I always figured Jana would want to stay in Arkansas near the family. But if she married a pilot, it would be ok if they lived a couple of states away. The plane trip probably isn’t more than 2 hours long. 

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always figured Jana would want to stay in Arkansas near the family. But if she married a pilot, it would be ok if they lived a couple of states away. The plane trip probably isn’t more than 2 hours long. 

She talked about how in the past she wanted to stay near her family but now she would be willing to move for the right guy. Maybe this is the right guy.

• Upvote 15

I’m just going to remind everyone of that time Stephen knocked doors supporting Jed Duggar’s political race. 

4FAA8821-418E-4165-8164-FE1879FEB163.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 26
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, viii said:

It will be interesting to see how their relationship is handled. We're in the middle of a pandemic, and I genuinely believe TLC didn't want to go near Justin's super spreader wedding. However, Jana getting married would be GOLD for their ratings. I can't see TLC wanting to turn that down, nor can I see Jana wanting to wait until 2022 to get married. 

I don’t know how it is in the states but with the current vaccination-speed could it not be possible that a lot of restrictions will be lifted around the summer?

If they get engaged somewhere in the next month, I can see them holding the wedding off for a few more monthsz They could benefit from buzz for a longer period and at the same time go for the ‘Covid-is-over-wedding-party’storyline.

(and with Covid is over, I don’t mean that it actually will be all over, that will take a bit longer. But if some restrictions are lifted because of the vaccination-rate, I can see the Duggars concluding that it is all over)

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 12

Just now, CarrotCake said:

I don’t know how it is in the states but with the current vaccination-speed could it not be possible that a lot of restrictions will be lifted around the summer?

If they get engaged somewhere in the next month, I can see them holding the wedding off for a few more monthsz They could benefit from buzz for a longer period and at the same time go for the ‘Covid-is-over-wedding-party’storyline.

I could definitely see that happening. A July wedding. They can do an outdoor wedding and reception. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Hillary Spivey is crying herself to sleep tonight, knowing that her baby girl's wedding will never be televised if there is a blessed sweet Rufus Jana-Duggar-Spinster-No-More TLC and tabloids ratings extravaganza coming down the pike!

By the way, I noticed that the Wissmans went on missioncation in El Salvador in Jan 2020-- did any Duggars go then?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

I'm not good at keeping with these people, but if I remember correctly,  there was a time when all the lost boys down to Justin were rumored to be matched up. Is that still true? I remember seeing Claire, Katey and Lauren Caldwell as girls for them, but I think there's one or two more. Basically, Jed, Jer, Jason, James, and Justin all had girls. 

And count me in as thinking that Jana and Stephen are legit.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

He is gifted in

Too much time in the Jrod thread.  I initially read that as grifted. 

They do sound like they would be a good fundie match on paper. 

Wait a minute, I'm slow to put this together, but could it be a Duggar courtship/wedding palooza? All the single twins married off? 

Edited by WiseGirl
added text
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I made a thread about them last year with a pretty good recap. 

I literally thought of you immediately when I saw this floating around on facebook. You have a Sheldon Cooper-like knowledge of these folkx. 

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

(and with Covid is over, I don’t mean that it actually will be all over, that will take a bit longer. But if some restrictions are lifted because of the vaccination-rate, I can see the Duggars concluding that it is all over)

Texas says it's all over!

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I literally thought of you immediately when I saw this floating around on facebook. You have a Sheldon Cooper-like knowledge of these folkx. 

Texas says it's all over!

And here in Florida it never even happened!

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 6

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

When did they go private? Just recently?

It must have been recently. I was checking their blog yesterday or the day before... can't remember due to pregnancy brain fog!

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

As a person from Germany I had to laugh and cry at the same time when I read this. We are vaccinating so damn slow that it will take forever to have some kind of immnunity. Yet we are lifting a lot of restrictions inspite of rising numbers. I'm so through with this pandemic.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

17 minutes ago, ophelia said:

It must have been recently. I was checking their blog yesterday or the day before... can't remember due to pregnancy brain fog!

As a person from Germany I had to laugh and cry at the same time when I read this. We are vaccinating so damn slow that it will take forever to have some kind of immnunity. Yet we are lifting a lot of restrictions inspite of rising numbers. I'm so through with this pandemic.

Is it? 
Here in the Netherlands they are expecting to give everyone at least their first shot before July. So I don’t think that will be very different in Germany.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is it? 
Here in the Netherlands they are expecting to give everyone at least their first shot before July. So I don’t think that will be very different in Germany.

So far we are vaccinating with a real strict concept, but a lot of people don't want Astra Zeneca and don't show up for their appointments. So now there is a discussion wether other people who are actually later in line, but willing to get this vaccine will be vaccinated sooner.

All in all Germany can organize the shit out of everything, but flexibility just ain't our strong suit.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

So far we are vaccinating with a real strict concept, but a lot of people don't want Astra Zeneca and don't show up for their appointments. So now there is a discussion wether other people who are actually later in line, but willing to get this vaccine will be vaccinated sooner.

All in all Germany can organize the shit out of everything, but flexibility just ain't our strong suit.

why dont they like the astra zeneca one?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Ah yes, I heard about that.

Here AZ has less of an image problem but we did start with giving the leftovers to other groups quite fast. We started slow but we are really speeding up.

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

why dont they like the astra zeneca one?

I think this has to do with the issues around deliveries within Europe. There are big issues between EU and AZ at the moment. And at the same time the effectivity turned out lower than planned as well as not enough testing on elderly.

In most of Europe there is a serious image problem with AZ.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

13 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

It literally went private just an hour or so ago! Right around the time all this speculation reached the tabloids. On another note for some odd reason Andrew Wissmann blocked me. That was a bit random...

I'm kind of wondering if TLC will put out their announcement next week after all the Covid restrictions and mask mandates are lifted in Texas.

to be fair, I would put my (hypothetical) blog on private too if tabloids were writing about it

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

52 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

to be fair, I would put my (hypothetical) blog on private too if tabloids were writing about it

Yeah, but doesn't their response really just add to the speculation? I think that ignoring it would have been a much better option. By buttoning up their blog and blocking people on Insta they're basically confirming that they have something to hide.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic