Hide contents

image.png.3081453ef2fad62823de86341b55ff87.png

image.png.75d1e204b911888eb29f404259837829.png

image.png.fb6662d7996b84ee7ef80c278a81ff8e.png

image.png.b41f2009815d02152cf1d89883aeccb9.png

image.png.3b592152700e9e46ae1ca712ce8ef4f5.png

image.png.500ebc73156145079898398f0cc9d71a.png

image.png.dc142b579bd69b66f68c28480faa68cb.png

It's ratfucking season, so choose your footwear wisely in case you need to blast something off with the garden hose.

It’s kinda cute how he thinks skepticism and truth will actually make a difference to anyone sharing this story.

I can’t believe there’s still another three weeks. Hurry UP election!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, mamallama said:

How in the hell do you go from screaming that Obama spied on your campaign to accepting and promoting breaking into laptops dropped off for repair then hacked by the store owner.  

Same way you go from "Lock Her UP" about Hillary's private server emails to "oh, we didn't know that wasn't allowed" about Ivanka's private server emails. And from "oh no, 9 months till an election is far too soon to fill a supreme court vacancy! Let the people decide and postpone it until after the election!" to "Oh no, just days before an election and people are already voting. Better ram this Supreme Court nomination through NOW!"

Blatant hypocrisy with a side of complete lack of integrity.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

WTF, NBC?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2020/10/15/trump-town-hall-nbc-faces-backlash-over-competing-biden-abc-town-hall/3661571001/

So, Twitler refused to debate, but NBC is going to give him a town hall at the same time on the same day as Biden's.  Way to reward the toddler tantrum, NBC.  That's how to guarantee more tantrums.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

Baker is the latest one to say no to voting for fuck face

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker on Wednesday joined a sizable group of Republicans who have refused to support President Trump for reelection as he struggles to tamp down growing dissent from members of his own party ahead of the election.

After Baker dodged a question on whether he would support Trump at a press conference on Wednesday, his spokesperson Lizzy Guyton released a statement announcing Baker “cannot support President Donald Trump for president."

Instead, the statement says, Baker is “focused on seeing Massachusetts through the pandemic,” adding, “He'll leave the election analysis to the pundits.”

As Baker is a well-known moderate who represents one of the most Democratic-leaning states in the country, his announcement is far from surprising, but it represents a shift from 2016 when he ruled out voting for then-Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as well as Trump.

Now if he would just commit to voting for Biden instead of being a milquetoast Romney 2.0

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Sheldon Adelson found some loose change in his couch:

• WTF 1

My dream is that guys like Sheldon have to flee the US with various law enforcement agencies seconds behind him. And he’s running foe the rest of his life. 

• Upvote 7

"5 takeaways from the dueling Trump and Biden town halls"

Spoiler

President Trump and former vice president Joe Biden held dueling town halls on Thursday night — forums that took the place of the presidential debate originally scheduled for the same night and which Trump pulled out of when it went to a virtual format.

The decision by NBC to air the event at the same time as Biden’s previously scheduled one on ABC was a source of controversy, but the simultaneous events provided a pretty good window into the contrasting approaches, as a debate would have, even if this was not side-by-side. Here are the takeaways.

1. Trump’s smorgasbord of misinformation — deftly called out in real time

A couple recent Trump interviews have stood out for the interviewers’ rare abilities and efforts to call out Trump in real time — one from Fox News’s Chris Wallace and another from Axios’s Jonathan Swan.

On Thursday, we got another in the same category, from NBC’s Savannah Guthrie.

In the approximately 20 minutes before the town hall was turned over to audience questions, Guthrie thoroughly grilled him. As Trump repeated a series of false claims about the coronavirus outbreak and equivocated on things like QAnon and accepting the election results, Guthrie peppered him with sharp questions, follow-ups and fact checks.

When Trump claimed that a study showed 85 percent of people who wear masks still get coronavirus, Guthrie noted he falsely characterized the study.

When Trump defended his covid-19 response by citing another study that showed 2 million people could have died from the coronavirus, Guthrie rightly noted that model predicted that only if the government did precisely zero mitigation.

When Trump declined to denounce QAnon because he said he didn’t know what it was about, Guthrie provided details about what it was about and invited him to do it, noting Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) has flatly denounced it as a baseless conspiracy. Trump instead offered that he liked that QAnon was against pedophilia.

When Guthrie pressed Trump on his retweets this week of a bizarre conspiracy theory about Osama bin Laden’s death, Trump explained by saying he was just passing along information. (“That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”) Guthrie then provided the retort those tweets have long demanded: that he’s the president, not someone’s “crazy uncle” spouting off on Twitter, and that the information he promotes matters.

Like the Wallace and Swan interviews, Trump was clearly rattled by being so frequently and effectively questioned on his claims. Plenty complained that NBC News was providing him this forum opposite Biden’s town hall despite Trump having pulled out of a debate scheduled for the same night. Guthrie’s almost literal cross-examination (she is a lawyer) of him should allay any fears that this would amount to a free platform for the president.

2. Biden had the steady showing he needed with the clock ticking down

Biden is leading Trump by a double-digit average in national polls, and is making inroads with many of the demographics and in many of the states that Trump previously won. As a result, the race seems in many ways like Biden‘s to lose.

Biden didn’t make any glaring mistakes that would jeopardize his position, even with George Stephanopolous asking tough follow ups on questions on his record on race, policing, fracking, and more.

image.png.6671459a1407ed502aad0891767d679c.png

For the most part, Biden gave answers we’ve heard from him before (with one notable exception — we’ll get to that later). And he gave them in a way that perhaps would have been impossible for him to do during a debate like the one two weeks ago, where he was constantly interrupted by Trump. The town hall format has been kind to Biden in the past, and it was a hurdle he cleared easily Thursday.

3. Trump’s steps into another non-denouncing minefield — on QAnon

In the span of less than a minute in the NBC News town hall, Trump sought to once and for all put to bed the denounce-white-supremacy-issue that dogged him after the debate two weeks ago — and then almost immediately created another not-denouncing issue that seems likely to linger in the days to come.

Trump was clearly frustrated with being asked the white supremacy question. After declining at the debate two weeks ago to directly denounce it — and telling the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by,” which they took as encouragement — Trump and the White House spent 48 hours declining to more directly do so, arguing Trump’s previous answers should suffice. (Trump eventually relented during an interview with Sean Hannity two weeks ago; by that point, though, Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis overshadowed it). Trump repeated Thursday that he denounces white supremacism.

But then, immediately, Guthrie asked Trump whether he would also denounce QAnon, which the U.S. government regards as a dangerous conspiracy theory. And Trump declined. He maintained that he didn’t actually know what it was about, despite having been asked about it two months ago and saying the same thing.

Then, in almost a carbon copy of the Proud Boys comment, Tump said something that could very well be read by QAnon supporters as encouragement.

“I do know they are very much against pedophilia,” Trump said. “They fight it very hard.”

The deranged conspiracy theory does indeed involve a supposed battle against pedophilia, but not one that’s based in any reality. The movement has gained strength in recent months, with a recent poll showing Republicans being about evenly split on whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing. QAnon supporters and sympathizers have won GOP primaries, including Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is likely to win a Congressional seat in Georgia. (Despite Greene having been initially denounced by Republicans, earlier Thursday her endorsement was hailed by Georgia GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s campaign.)

Trump’s desire not to alienate people who hold fringe views — if not encourage such theories — is well-established. But at a moment in the campaign in which he needs to wage a comeback, he seemingly signed himself up for another few days of why-won’t-you-denounce coverage about something that Americans overwhelmingly reject. Not ideal.

4. Biden opens the door further on court-packing, and says he’ll confirm a stance soon

Biden, as he has before, said he is “not a fan” of packing the Supreme Court with more justices, something that has been floated by a growing number of Democrats following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. But he also has not committed to not doing it.

“It depends on how this turns out,” he said referring to the Senate confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett. Given the GOP’s control of the Senate, Barrett is on the fast track to being confirmed.

Biden has been cagey in his answers about this. He has said if he gives an answer, that will dominate the conversation rather than the nomination itself.

But that has just prompted persistent questions from reporters to clarify where he stands. When he was asked Thursday to give a more definitive answer, he repeated that line, but he was a little more revealing about how open he is to it.

“It depends on how much they rush this," he said, adding that if the nomination goes forward quickly, "I’m open to considering what happened from that point on.”

Biden also said he’ll take a firm position by Election Day.

5. Trump’s last negative test before his coronavirus diagnosis: Still clear as mud

Another question that has dogged Trump and the White House in recent days is when was his last negative coronavirus test before his positive test two weeks ago. The White House has declined to disclose it (among many other details), despite it being crucial in determining when the outbreak in the White House began. This has combined with questions about whether he actually complied with a requirement that he be tested before his Sept. 29 debate with Biden.

Trump offered little clarity on the point. After talking around the issue for a bit and saying he was frequently tested, Guthrie pressed Trump again, and he said he was “probably” tested the day of the debate. Trump added, “Possibly I did; possibly I didn’t.”

Trump was also asked whether he was ever diagnosed with pneumonia and, after initially not giving a direct answer, said he wasn’t.

Trump did expand on another issue the White House declined to address — his lung scans — saying the doctors “said the lungs are little bit different, a little bit — perhaps infected.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

I probably should’ve watched Biden’s town hall, but I chose the ALCS instead(although I no longer have a horse in that particular race).

Today, John Kelly, former WH Chief of staff on Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-official

Former WH COS John Kelly has told friends, about Trump: “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."

sorry can’t hyperlink-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-official

Former WH COS John Kelly has told friends, about Trump: “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."

sorry can’t hyperlink-

When Trump's former acolytes begin talking like this AFTER he fires them, I am torn between being glad they are speaking out and being disgusted that they enabled him as long as it served their own interests.  John Kelly certainly falls into this category.  Dude, then why did you work for him?  Could you not tell that before you took the job?  

Edited by Becky
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Becky said:

When Trump's former acolytes begin talking like this AFTER he fires them, I am torn between being glad they are speaking out and being disgusted that they enabled him as long as it served their own interests.  John Kelly certainly falls into this category.  Dude, then why did you work for him?  Could you not tell that before you took the job?  

Exactly.  These people were fine with everything the Adult Diaper Fucknut was doing up until he fired them so I don't pretend they're precious flowers in dire need of protection.  They got their 30 pieces of silver going to work for Fucknut in the first place. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Grandma Pearl is right:

image.png.3dff07eac53819fcfbeddfe2a9677667.png

• I Agree 1
  • Love 21

On 10/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, SassyPants said:

Former WH COS John Kelly has told friends, about Trump: “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life"

Can anyone think of any political figure who has had this many former employees-- who share his politics-- speak this badly of him?

I can't think of any from a recent U.S. president. Even the leaks from the Clinton White House were nothing like this. The Bush family to this day has a very loyal and admiring circle around it, and I can't recall any real turncoats with Carter or Obama. 

Just another clear pattern I don't understand how others overlook. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 13

How the fuck do they still think it's a hoax when their cult leader had it? It drives me nuts to see old high school friends from Wisconsin traveling all over the place sans mask. Karma people eventually it will catch up.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic