IGNORED

President Rejected Trump 50: Patient Zero of the White House Covid Cluster

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Apparently, my state longer has him for a president. In all my years, I have never heard a president talk like this about the American people! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-new-pitch-to-voters-blue-states-are-going-to-hell-183953012.html

Is Trump going to sell his place in Florida if they join the hell-bound in November? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

I'll take a hard pass:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 12

He's so delusional:

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Hahaha... he doesn’t understand that there are so many ads on Faux precisely because they know it’s his preferred news outlet. And his petulant tweets are a sign the ads are doing exactly what they’re supposed to: get under his skin.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Hahaha... he doesn’t understand that there are so many ads on Faux precisely because they know it’s his preferred news outlet. And his petulant tweets are a sign the ads are doing exactly what they’re supposed to: get under his skin.

But are they influencing people who voted for him in 2016? If not then they're not really working, entertaining as it is to watch him.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Is Trump going to sell his place in Florida if they join the hell-bound in November? ?

Presumably he'll buy up big out of country.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

But are they influencing people who voted for him in 2016?

I should think so. The majority of them watch Faux too. 

The real question is, are they influenced enough— and in high enough numbers— to nullify the drivel Faux feeds them, and influence their votes?

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Presumably he'll buy up big out of country.

With what money? Seeing as his 400 million plus debt is coming due...

• Upvote 9

43 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

With what money? Seeing as his 400 million plus debt is coming due...

Buying up property with no money doesn't seem to have been a problem before...

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Buying up property with no money doesn't seem to have been a problem before...

True, but he’s never had to pay his debts before either. Who would want to finance him when he has nothing left to give for it? Before, he could sell his brand, but that’s down the toilet. And if he loses the elections he won’t have any political favors to exchange for it either.

Plus, he’ll be facing the legal consequences of his actions, if not at a federal level then most certainly at state levels. What finances he has left will have to go to his defense. 

Why do you think he is so desperate to stay in office, so much so he’s willing to incite violence in order to do so?

Edited by fraurosena
Added a randomly missing o
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Fuck Nugget is coming to Iowa 

As Iowa surpassed 100,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and remained the fourth-highest state for rate of infection, the mayor of Des Moines expressed concern that President Donald Trump’s rally this week at the city’s airport could become a super-spreader event. 

With polls showing a tight race between the Republican Trump and Democrat Joe Biden, the president plans a Wednesday rally at the Des Moines International Airport. Minnesota officials have tied at least nine cases of COVID-19 to a Trump rally held there in mid-September.

The one thing we need less than #CovidKim or Senator Breadbags McCutyernutzoff 

• Upvote 12

Why is he fencing himself in this time?

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

53 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Why is he fencing himself in this time?

So he can hide in his bunker on Jan 20. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

But are they influencing people who voted for him in 2016? If not then they're not really working, entertaining as it is to watch him.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I truly believe there are a surprisingly large number of people for whom the entirety of their news consumption is a half hour or so of Fox News either while getting ready for work in the morning, or just before dinner in the evening. These are the people who believe Trump is kind for donating his salary as president, and just do not see the truth through his lies. They are under informed, likely less educated, and more likely to be rural or blue collar workers, I think. 

If the ads on Fox reach even some of these people, they'll be a success. Even if all they do is plant a seed of doubt that encourages them to do just a little more research or to educate themselves a little before they vote.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I know I'm repeating myself, but I truly believe there are a surprisingly large number of people for whom the entirety of their news consumption is a half hour or so of Fox News either while getting ready for work in the morning, or just before dinner in the evening. These are the people who believe Trump is kind for donating his salary as president, and just do not see the truth through his lies. They are under informed, likely less educated, and more likely to be rural or blue collar workers, I think. 

If the ads on Fox reach even some of these people, they'll be a success. Even if all they do is plant a seed of doubt that encourages them to do just a little more research or to educate themselves a little before they vote.

Or they catch their "news" on Sinclair stations where the "journalists" pretty much worship Fuck Face and the GOP.  They're almost at the point of reading party press releases in the original German.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I bet the presidential limo will bypass any road where this billboard can be seen.

image.png.e97950d9267828769f302efafc3652a2.png

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 6

He corrupts everything: "Trump taps U.S. Marine Band for White House event and raises questions about employing the military for political purposes"

Spoiler

When President Trump, recovering from the novel coronavirus, welcomed hundreds of people on Saturday to what resembled a campaign rally on the White House grounds, the guests filed onto the South Lawn past a military band in resplendent red, its horns blasting the tune “America” from “West Side Story.”

The use of the United States Marine Band for a de facto political rally, where guests donned “Make America Great Again” hats and “Blexit” T-shirts — backing a movement that urges Black Americans to exit the Democratic Party — marked another instance of the president pushing the boundaries of U.S. law and the military tradition of political neutrality.

The band has played at every presidential inauguration since 1801, when President Thomas Jefferson gave the group the title “The President’s Own,” according to its online history. The band is called upon when the president is discharging his duties as head of state.

But federal regulations bar the use of government resources for, and the coercion of federal employees into, political activities aimed at a candidate’s reelection — and taxpayer-funded military bands cannot be used for campaign events. Members of the U.S. military are prohibited from wearing military uniforms at political campaign events.

Administration and military officials said the activity on Saturday was an official White House event called, “Peaceful Protest for Law and Order.”

“The United States Marine Band provided musical support for the Peaceful Protest for Law and Order event, an official event on the South Lawn of the White House,” Capt. Joseph Butterfield, a spokesman for the Marine Corps, said in a statement. “All tasking for U.S. Marine Band support at the White House, including for this event, is generated by the White House Military Office.”

Judd Deere, a spokesman for the White House, said: “The event yesterday was an official White House event and was conducted in compliance with the Hatch Act.” The Hatch Act bars federal employees from using their titles and positions to engage in political activity. The president and vice president are exempt but do fall under criminal provisions that prohibit the coercion of federal government employees to engage in political activity.

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and his predecessor, retired Marine Corps general Jim Mattis, have sought to protect the military from overtly partisan activity. But their efforts have been challenged by a president who has shown a willingness to defy civil-military norms respected by his predecessors, beginning with his first official visit to the Pentagon, when he used the Hall of Heroes to sign a ban on travel from majority-Muslim nations.

In the years since, Trump has treated troop talks and Pentagon appearances like campaign rallies, intervened in military justice cases and signed “Make America Great Again” paraphernalia on official presidential visits to military facilities overseas. He deployed active-duty forces to the southern border with Mexico before the 2018 midterm elections, taking heat for using the military as a political prop.

On Saturday, the Marine Band provided the musical backdrop as a crowd gathered under the South Portico of the White House, where Trump gave remarks from the balcony due to his coronavirus infection. Despite being billed as a non-campaign event, Trump began his talk by calling on the guests to vote his opponents “into oblivion” and attacked his Democratic opponent, former vice president Joe Biden.

Trump’s rallies regularly make use of show tunes, including from “Phantom of the Opera.” Saturday’s event was no exception. One “Blexit” supporter posted a video on Instagram beaming with excitement as the Marine Band played “America” from “West Side Story.”

“We are here at the White House, guys. Look!” the supporter said. “Isn’t it an amazing feeling?”

Alice Hunt Friend, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said mixing the military and partisan political activity is a “big violation” of civil-military norms.

“Americans who see uniformed military personnel at partisan political functions may assume the military has a partisan identity,” Friend said. “Presidents running for reelection always have to take extra care to keep their military aides out of their campaign activities.”

According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the U.S. military had 6,656 military personnel dedicated to bands as of 2016.

The Marine Band is one of the oldest and most elite. The band accompanied Abraham Lincoln to Gettysburg and for 12 years counted John Philip Sousa as its leader. It played the “Battle Hymn of the Republic” in a steady rain on the White House lawn for Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill during World War II and later led the funeral procession for John F. Kennedy.

This summer, owing to the coronavirus pandemic, Trump moved the Republican National Convention to the South Lawn of the White House, holding speeches in between two giant “Trump Pence” campaign signs.

Walter Shaub, the former director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and a frequent critic of the president, called the use of the White House as a backdrop for a political convention an “abomination” that “may be the most visible misuse of official position for private gain in America’s history.”

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Poor Barron has fallen victim to his awful parents covidiocy.

• Sad 11
  • Rufus Bless 1

I thought it sounded like they are reporting this publicly after the fact since I saw something on twitter that said that he has now tested negative. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Poor kid - - for many reasons.  

You know, one of the big Trump talking points is that Covid is harmless to children.  I certainly hope kids that have had Covid19 are fine and dandy the rest of their lives, but we don't yet know what the long term effects will be.  I have a heart valve issue related, apparently, to a case of rheumatic fever as a child. This problem is nearly universally caused by rheumatic fever.  Neither my parents nor I remember my having had rheumatic fever - it was apparently so mild it was never diagnosed, yet decades later, my valve is failing.  

Edited by Becky
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

If he had reported symptoms, would anyone have listened? 

(not intended at all to be snarky, just concerned)

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 10

Since the WH is talking herd immunity by exposing young people to the virus, I'm wondering if they started early on the poor kid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Because Iowa is so hard to pronounce:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

@47of74 -- I'm guessing you skipped the superspreader klan rally in Des Moines. Too bad, because you could have gotten a souvenir.  Just kidding. I assume you wouldn't want anything the covidiot touched.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic