IGNORED

Candy from Joyful Christian Homemaking

watchdog

The two main things I remember about Candy:

• she posted photos of herself:
    • posing in "modest swimwear" in a pool, extolling her extremely modest modesty
    • exercising in long dresses OR a sports bra and no top--what middle ground?
  • she REFUSED to admit that her house was a manufactured/mobile home

It was hard to keep track of just how nutty she was because she deleted her blog archives all the time.

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, GeraldineGrainger said:

I'm pretty sure it is. I remember this led to Candy inquiring in several message boards about how to thwart CPS.

Oh, yes! Something about her son's eyes being dilated when he was brought home and she swore that when he lied his pupils grew and there was nothing wrong. A totally new twist on Pinocchio. Leave it to Candy to create the most absurd story. 

I'm pretty sure this was around the time I was fist pointed to her. Or, very close to it because a link to this wonderfully creative version of reality was my first exposure to her. I just don't remember if it was current at the time though. 

• WTF 1

And she once observed a Bigfoot-like creature in the woods?  Am I imagining that?

On 10/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, mamallama said:

Now I'm going crazy trying to find her son's FB, LOL.

He has a very ordinary first name beginning with J and his mother's last name.

His page is unsurprisingly childish and Trumpish.  Poor baby.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Caroline said:

And she once observed a Bigfoot-like creature in the woods?  Am I imagining that?

No, you are correct and it threw rocks at her.  

She does all her "I don't believe in Christmas" festivities on Thanksgiving Day.  I am curious if she will include them this year in the family photograph.  

• Upvote 2

The baby's due in November, which means conception was in February. According to the son's FB, he's only been in a relationship with his girlfriend since January of this year.

11 hours ago, JMarie said:

The baby's due in November, which means conception was in February. According to the son's FB, he's only been in a relationship with his girlfriend since January of this year.

He had a different girl at their Thanksgiving/not Christmas thingy last year, so he & this one not only got going quickly, he moved quickly from the old one to the new one. 

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

He had a different girl at their Thanksgiving/not Christmas thingy last year, so he & this one not only got going quickly, he moved quickly from the old one to the new one. 

He is in the baby mama's HS graduation photos in May 2019. Looks like they were dating then.

5 minutes ago, Florita said:

He is in the baby mama's HS graduation photos in May 2019. Looks like they were dating then.

Oh. Maybe it was her at Thanksgivingchristmas? I can't tell, but at first glance it looked like a different girl. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh. Maybe it was her at Thanksgivingchristmas? I can't tell, but at first glance it looked like a different girl. 

Yes, pretty sure that's the same one.

Spoiler

JBNBM.JPG.eb2f00ccaa2c8e2589e1569b48a5389b.JPG

His FB says he's been in a relationship with Taylor since January 16. Hers says she's been in a relationship (nobody specifies) since April 16. They can't even keep their dates straight.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the description of her holiday vlog Watchdog. I enjoyed looking through the weird holiday they had. 

She made another EDC purse video with a 'muzzle pouch' which was refering to her beliefs about face coverings and she said 'they remove our god given right to breath freely and have free speech'.

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, Mozzie said:

Thanks for the description of her holiday vlog Watchdog. I enjoyed looking through the weird holiday they had. 

She made another EDC purse video with a 'muzzle pouch' which was refering to her beliefs about face coverings and she said 'they remove our god given right to breath freely and have free speech'.

I wish there was an eye-rolling reaction at times. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I wish there was an eye-rolling reaction at times. 

The WTF emoji can work in a pinch.  I'd love a "wow!" emoji and a few others, like the facebook hug emoji.  

Edited by Howl
  • Haha 2

I refuse to watch her videos anymore. A while ago I realized I owed my brain the consideration it has given me & choose to no longer subject it to such drivel.

Since this thread was revived I just went too look at the video titles. She & her daughter are trying to be influencers, doing swap challenges, etc. It seems pretty sad. I didn't watch, just the titles tell me they're trying to jump on a bandwagon they are not equipped for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

I’ve never heard of Candy somehow but that vacation vlog was entertaining, albeit with some fast forwarding. She was so impressed with that suite! And free supper. Oh my. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I just watched her video on homeschooling high schoolers. For breakfast she put more than half a stick of butter in their oatmeal. Good god. And for lunch they had peanut butter sandwiches with a side of pickles. A huge amount of footage of her exercising, and the children do not look healthy. She’s a nut! 

• Upvote 2

Her oldest son, a true Trumper, is about to have a baby with his significant other.  Candy will be a grandma.

I wonder if she'll mention him at all.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The baby has been born & Ms. Perfect Christian Homemaker is now a grandmother. 

I feel for the kid and hope his mother's family is far more mentally balanced than his father's. 

• Upvote 1

I’m brand new to Candy but she is a concerning woman! None of the kids look healthy and thriving, and she seems absolutely delusional. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I just visitied with Candy Brauer (Eyes2jesus), and I now have whiplash.  She goes from making pizza casserole to talking about how aliens are behind our world governments.   Of all of these families hers is definitely the most out there.   They seem perfectly happy in their weirdness, but I can't imagine having them for neighbors.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, Caroline said:

Her oldest son, a true Trumper, is about to have a baby with his significant other.  Candy will be a grandma.

I wonder if she'll mention him at all.

I don't care about his politics.  I am curious about this baby though.  That's got to be scandalous in Candy's "perfect Christian homemaker" family!  I haven't watched many of her videos or read much of her later updates, but I never heard her mention this!  Where did you learn that?!  I don't doubt you.  I'm just curious how that leaked out.

Never mind.  I found the rest of the discussion and his FB page.

Edited by watchdog
  • Upvote 2

Oh, wow.  You take a 2-month break and return to this!  I found the son's FB page.  It's public.  The baby was born November 19th, and Candy "liked" the post where he announced it AND left a GIF of a teddy bear blowing kisses.  No text, but at least she seems to have acknowledged the birth.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, fundiefan said:

She's been on the alien thing for years & years. It just conveniently disappears when POTUS is GOP versus Dem. 

She's posted several UFO sightings in the past few months, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.  LOL.  Long, boring, shaky camera phone video of a mostly blurry object that they watched for hours one day.

• Upvote 1

I hesitate to comment on people's appearances too much, but when I saw the thumbnail of this video... honestly, Erik looks like the most sane one of the bunch.  I'm going to stop before speculating about genetics.

Brauer Family - Thanksgiving 2019.png

• Upvote 1

I’m pretty sure that the baby is there in the thanksgiving video from this year. Candy probably accepts the baby— she’s never struggled to reinvent her narrative whenever it suits her?

• Upvote 1