• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
ripples72801

Candy from Joyful Christian Homemaking Is Going to Be a Grandma

ripples72801
Posted (edited)

Candy's oldest son apparently knocked his girlfriend up.  Maybe God directly spoke to him and said it was ok to have sex outside of marriage like He did for his parents.  They are having a boy and he is due in November.

Edited by Coconut Flan

fundiefan
Posted (edited)

Never mind. I found it.

Edited by fundiefan

ripples72801

@Coconut Flan Did I miss or mess something up?  Not sure why you edited? Not trying to start anything just wondering what I did so I can avoid it next time.

Coconut Flan

Just form and format to match most of our other titles.  And oops I see I made a typo. 

Florita

It appears the couple are about the same age and he's not a cradle-robber like his dad.

Hopefully Candy will skip the righteous indignation act and openly love and accept her grandbaby.

ripples72801
11 hours ago, Florita said:

Hopefully Candy will skip the righteous indignation act and openly love and accept her grandbaby.

I hope so, but I am not holding my breath. 

Red Hair, Black Dress

I don't know anything about this woman -- brief background summary please.

She was a cradle robbed bride who was pregnant?  Was this a fundie scandal? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

fundiefan
6 hours ago, Caroline said:

How did you find out about her son?

Her newest 'blog' is called

Eyes2Jesus.blogspot.com

She's fascinating.

Her son has FB. On it, he says who he's in a relationship with. Her page has "Maddox Landon Brauer 11-17-20" in her tagline. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She was a cradle robbed bride who was pregnant?  Was this a fundie scandal? Inquiring minds want to know.

Candy & her history are far to extensive & convoluted to even try to explain. She deletes everything and the history is not there for anyone to see. She thinks she's crafty and elusive. 

Edited by fundiefan

Starrynight

I remember Candy! The crazy was strong with her.  Something about aliens and demons? And homemaking binders! ( Her two loves. 😆) Her husband is much older than she is and he came off as creepy. Another “headship” that couldn’t keep a job and moved them around a bunch. 

She had one of her babies in her recliner with no outside help. Which I thought was sad on many levels.

At one point she diagnosed herself as having Autism and also said she belonged to Mensa. (Maybe...but there was a lot of snark around her self-diagnosis.)

But she always kept a clean house (from what she showed on her blog.)

GeraldineGrainger
On 10/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, fundiefan said:

Her son has FB. On it, he says who he's in a relationship with. Her page has "Maddox Landon Brauer 11-17-20" in her tagline. 

Candy & her history are far to extensive & convoluted to even try to explain. She deletes everything and the history is not there for anyone to see. She thinks she's crafty and elusive. 

I looked at his likes and follows, and apparently he is also into BDSM (and a Trumper, but that's no surprise). This is all so fascinating to me because I have followed Candy for 12 years, and I remember all of her preaching about raising "Godly arrows," or whatever she called them, and all of her rules about what is/isn't acceptable to God. I wonder how she is taking this? I notice that she is not on her son's friends list, which amuses me greatly. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

For those new to Candy's lunacy, this thread has extensive background, including contributions from someone claiming to know Candy in real life, which as I recall led to an epic flounce from Candy.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't include the absolutely epic and hilarious parody of Candy's original blog, Keeping the Home.

https://sweepingthehome.blogspot.com/

These days, Candy is super boring. She mostly makes videos about planners, with occasional Day in the Life vlogs and purse tours, on her Eyes2Jesus YouTube channel.

ripples72801
On 10/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Starrynight said:

She had one of her babies in her recliner with no outside help. Which I thought was sad on many levels.

If I remember correctly, didn't wonderhubs break her water with a non sterilized saftey pin?

Caroline

Yes!  Very strange group.

Is that the son who ran away from home when he was twelve or so?

GeraldineGrainger
On 10/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, Caroline said:

Yes!  Very strange group.

Is that the son who ran away from home when he was twelve or so?

I'm pretty sure it is. I remember this led to Candy inquiring in several message boards about how to thwart CPS.

mamallama
On 10/10/2020 at 5:48 PM, fundiefan said:

Now I'm going crazy trying to find her son's FB, LOL.

Edited by mamallama
Found it!

darkplumaged

The two main things I remember about Candy:

• she posted photos of herself:
    • posing in "modest swimwear" in a pool, extolling her extremely modest modesty
    • exercising in long dresses OR a sports bra and no top--what middle ground?
  • she REFUSED to admit that her house was a manufactured/mobile home

It was hard to keep track of just how nutty she was because she deleted her blog archives all the time.

fundiefan
20 hours ago, GeraldineGrainger said:

I'm pretty sure it is. I remember this led to Candy inquiring in several message boards about how to thwart CPS.

Oh, yes! Something about her son's eyes being dilated when he was brought home and she swore that when he lied his pupils grew and there was nothing wrong. A totally new twist on Pinocchio. Leave it to Candy to create the most absurd story. 

I'm pretty sure this was around the time I was fist pointed to her. Or, very close to it because a link to this wonderfully creative version of reality was my first exposure to her. I just don't remember if it was current at the time though. 

Caroline

And she once observed a Bigfoot-like creature in the woods?  Am I imagining that?

On 10/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, mamallama said:

Now I'm going crazy trying to find her son's FB, LOL.

He has a very ordinary first name beginning with J and his mother's last name.

His page is unsurprisingly childish and Trumpish.  Poor baby.  

ripples72801
12 minutes ago, Caroline said:

And she once observed a Bigfoot-like creature in the woods?  Am I imagining that?

No, you are correct and it threw rocks at her.  

She does all her "I don't believe in Christmas" festivities on Thanksgiving Day.  I am curious if she will include them this year in the family photograph.  

JMarie

The baby's due in November, which means conception was in February. According to the son's FB, he's only been in a relationship with his girlfriend since January of this year.

fundiefan
11 hours ago, JMarie said:

The baby's due in November, which means conception was in February. According to the son's FB, he's only been in a relationship with his girlfriend since January of this year.

He had a different girl at their Thanksgiving/not Christmas thingy last year, so he & this one not only got going quickly, he moved quickly from the old one to the new one. 

Florita
2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

He had a different girl at their Thanksgiving/not Christmas thingy last year, so he & this one not only got going quickly, he moved quickly from the old one to the new one. 

He is in the baby mama's HS graduation photos in May 2019. Looks like they were dating then.

fundiefan
5 minutes ago, Florita said:

He is in the baby mama's HS graduation photos in May 2019. Looks like they were dating then.

Oh. Maybe it was her at Thanksgivingchristmas? I can't tell, but at first glance it looked like a different girl. 

Florita
23 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh. Maybe it was her at Thanksgivingchristmas? I can't tell, but at first glance it looked like a different girl. 

Yes, pretty sure that's the same one.

Spoiler

JBNBM.JPG.eb2f00ccaa2c8e2589e1569b48a5389b.JPG