Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
SPHASH

Mom's Corner by Teri

Recommended Posts

Cults-r-us
3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No, they would serve and be thrilled that their kids find joy in the Lord or in be productive or serving others, etc.  

Teri said  that they had "lots of laughter and enjoyment, plus the accomplishment of a productive goal."

She and Steve aren't against fun totally. They're against fun things that aren't productive in their eyes. 

I think one od the differences between the Maxwells and everybody else is them lacking a sense of humor. That is why things are fun to us but not to them. Especially Steve's PTSD from seeing  the defrauding neighbor in her bathing suit. Now that's funny.

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

I think one od the differences between the Maxwells and everybody else is them lacking a sense of humor. That is why things are fun to us but not to them. Especially Steve's PTSD from seeing  the defrauding neighbor in her bathing suit. Now that's funny.

Wait...did he live next door to Michelle Ruark Duggar and was this neighbor moving the lawn at the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Austrian Atheist
On 10/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, PennySycamore said:

That sound you heard some months back was the people of Austria heaving a sigh of relief.

Yes!🤣
I still can't believe that there is a big market for their "brand" in Austria. I mean homeschooling and fundiness exist but it's extremely rare.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:44 PM, OhNoNike said:

Well the girls have gone on missions to places seemingly abroad but without specifically saying the location, right?

One of the sons also went on a mission(?) abroad. I think it was John a couple of years ago before he was married. But as usual there only was vague blogging. At least if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes, I found it: https://blog.titus2.com/2015/04/08/john-goes-international/

Edited by Austrian Atheist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Austrian Atheist

Well, now I actually ask myself what I do wrong in my life that I can remember something the Maxwells posted five years ago on their monotonous blog! 🤔

Edited by Austrian Atheist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FluffySnowball
3 hours ago, Austrian Atheist said:

Well, now I actually ask myself what I do wrong in my life that I can remember something the Maxwells posted five years ago on their monotonous blog! 🤔

Don’t worry, most of us here are a little fundy-bonkers 😂 You’re in good company! 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
8 hours ago, Austrian Atheist said:

Well, now I actually ask myself what I do wrong in my life that I can remember something the Maxwells posted five years ago on their monotonous blog! 🤔

It's not you, it's them. During the past five years, they have done so very little that anything outside bean burritos, Colorado, schedules, and "crew" visits is somehow memorable because it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allyisyourpally5

Oh yes I remember! The international mission trip where they couldn’t specify which country. But of course the Maxwell brand saved that lost nation single handed. 
 

See I’m just trying to picture the Maxwells in Europe. Anywhere in Europe. Their are fundies everywhere but not this type of fundie. Especially with the way the Maxwell’s speak about everyone who doesn’t live like them. I think Europe will make their jaws hit the floor and they’ll be praying for all us lost European souls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethy
On 10/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, allyisyourpally5 said:

So if they were “serving” together (whatever that really means) and the one of the kids at the end of the day said “thanks mom that was really fun!” Would they not serve anymore?

Considering how many treasured activities were taken away from various kids because they enjoyed them too much, I daresay this would be a really effective way to get out of an activity that they didn't particularly enjoy. However, because these are the Maxwells, there would then be a tearful confession on the part of the child for being dishonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989
On 10/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, allyisyourpally5 said:

Oh yes I remember! The international mission trip where they couldn’t specify which country. But of course the Maxwell brand saved that lost nation single handed. 
 

See I’m just trying to picture the Maxwells in Europe. Anywhere in Europe. Their are fundies everywhere but not this type of fundie. Especially with the way the Maxwell’s speak about everyone who doesn’t live like them. I think Europe will make their jaws hit the floor and they’ll be praying for all us lost European souls.

The Maxwell kids younger than Sarah have gone on international trips. However, they do not post the location of the country they are going to for some reason. In fact, I only think that they only shared images from one of John's international mission trips. I think some people speculated that he went to a Mexico or another country in Central America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sparkles
On 10/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The Maxwell kids younger than Sarah have gone on international trips. However, they do not post the location of the country they are going to for some reason. In fact, I only think that they only shared images from one of John's international mission trips. I think some people speculated that he went to a Mexico or another country in Central America.

IIRC, they originally posted a few pictures of John with some of the local kids and then went back and deleted them when people apparently came close to guessing where he was. (I seem to remember they thought it might have been somewhere in Asia but I could be wrong about that.)

Edited by sparkles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
On 10/13/2020 at 6:00 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She and Steve aren't against fun totally. They're against fun things that aren't productive in their eyes. 

They’re against fun things that they (read Steve) personally don’t enjoy. If hiking is “productive” then sports are far more “productive” but since it was the kids enjoying them and not Steve that doesn’t count. 
I’m still convinced Steve got up to some “fun” in his youth that he’s ashamed of and is now guiltily forcing his whole family to do penance with him. 
which is pretty ridiculous because one of the main tenets of (Protestant, at least, in my understanding) Christianity is that being saved your sins are forgiven. 
teri is terrible too, but I think without Steve she’d have muddled through enjoying her Pepsi and sending the kids to school and activities to get them out of her hair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH

Teri wants to know if you like living with ungrateful people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl
36 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Teri wants to know if you like living with ungrateful people 

I'm not grateful for Trump and my household is so BLUE, so yeah, Griselda Teri, yes, I like living with ungrateful people.  

And how awful is it that Stevehovah has irreversibly damaged his daughters and yet they are supposed to be grateful to him for...?   Hmmmm,  I dunno, having a dick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I liked with an ungrateful wretch of a man. I divorced him. 

So, no, Teri, I don't like living with ungratefulness. That does not, however, mean that I stifle all other feelings and opinions. 

Hiding behind bible verses sort of wastes the brain, emotions, ideas...brain...your god gave you & I doubt he's pleased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluebirdbluebell

Teri's newest post is the Christian version of "chose happiness".   A doctrine with good intentions, but flawed. Among other reasons, unhappiness/ingratitude can be a sign that there are things in your life you need to fix. Not all the time, but constantly thinking I just need to be happier is a good way to be miserable and stuck.

Quote

There have been several times like that lately where I catch myself in the middle of ingratitude or right after a murmur and then speak out the grateful thoughts instead. Steve told me how much that thrills his heart when he hears that.  

Guess her headship told her to quit complaining. 

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm not grateful for Trump and my household is so BLUE, so yeah, Griselda Teri, yes, I like living with ungrateful people.  

And how awful is it that Stevehovah has irreversibly damaged his daughters and yet they are supposed to be grateful to him for...?   Hmmmm,  I dunno, having a dick?

Yeah, notice this came out right after the election when the American people didn't chose to show grattitude to their current president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun-Dee

The line that jumped out at me was, "When a family member disappoints me." What family member could have disappointed her?  Possibly one who moved several miles away, and maybe even pays rent?

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

Maybe Steve, and his controlling ways are the disappointment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allyisyourpally5

No way, it will be one of the “children”

Either a son who has moved away or is paying rent (so we know which two possibilities this is), possibly a daughter who has maybe not actually demonstrated 100% Joy at being at home, maybe a daughter who took too long to write a book or questioned the book? (One can dream)

Maybe its to do with the ear piercing....maybe it was done without permission.....

Maybe a child went to Gigi and expressed dissatisfaction in their life.....

Edited by allyisyourpally5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

I think Teri was reading to a grandchild during the 5 minutes allocated to that particular sprog, and the ungrateful grandchild pointed to the dog, when the child should have pointed to the cat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allyisyourpally5

Oh maybe an older grandchild moaned / rolled their eyes when the same picture book they e heard a hundred times came out of the Special Grandchildren Scheduled Time Bag....

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

Teri is schilling  Sarah's books in the newest Mom's Corner. The way she wrote it tells me Sarah is writing those books at her parent's behest, and for their egos. Not because she has a natural writing  talent or love. It's not something she is doing because she was inspired or even led by her god. Her parents led her there and there she will be for the rest of her life. 

Explains a lot about the lack of progress between the first book and the latest. No growth, no skills development, no character development, no nothing. Just a drone doing what she's told to do by daddy & mommy. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom

Teri and Steve don't want to give children "appetites" for spending their teen years reading??

Teri writes in the latest Mom's Corner;

"We don’t, however, want to give these children appetites for reading that will cause them to spend hours upon hours of profitable teen, young adult, and adult years entertaining themselves reading books. While they are young and most of their free time is spent playing, reading is a productive alternative use of their time. But that changes, starting in the teen years, when overdone. We also don’t want to expose our children to ungodly and unwholesome material simply to give them something to read, even if it might be acceptable with other Christians"

What the hell Maxwells?  Never have I ever heard of a parent trying to discourage reading in children of any age! 

I guess by giving them slop like what Sarah writes won't encourage a love of reading for children, so that's ok then.

  • Upvote 15
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 12
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl
27 minutes ago, kpmom said:

"We don’t, however, want to give these children appetites for reading that will cause them to spend hours upon hours of profitable teen, young adult, and adult years entertaining themselves reading books.

Teri, you sick ****.  This is just horrible.  And yet, they are having one of their daughters write...wait for it...books. 

  • Upvote 8
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814

I don’t get their logic when it comes to reading. They thought if their kids read a book about a character who did something wrong, their kids would do the same. That doesn’t make any sense to me  

I read books as a kid where characters did something wrong & it never crossed my mind to do the same thing. Same with TV show characters. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug
On 12/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, allyisyourpally5 said:

No way, it will be one of the “children”

Either a son who has moved away or is paying rent (so we know which two possibilities this is), possibly a daughter who has maybe not actually demonstrated 100% Joy at being at home, maybe a daughter who took too long to write a book or questioned the book? (One can dream)

Maybe its to do with the ear piercing....maybe it was done without permission.....

Maybe a child went to Gigi and expressed dissatisfaction in their life.....

Ooh!  Ooh!  I wanna play!

I bet it has to do with Melanie’s sister, the country singer in Nashville, TN. Grace Maher. Grace and Mel could be twins, and with nice make-up and attention to her hair, Grace is a Lisa one beauty. Who also wears shorts. Who also has a boyfriend.  
 

Grace has started to stand out a little more in the crowded country-music field and somehow Teri got wind of this and Teri overheard a Nate-child say that Auntie Grace was beautiful. How can this be? It’s a privilege to live your life looking like Teri chooses to look, for herself and for any decent and grateful daughter or daughter-in-law or adjacent woman.
 

So: Two children living nearly an hour away and in different directions, and one married to a woman whose sister is an immoral eye trap of an embarrassment — Teri sees ingratitude everywhere. 

Edited by MamaJunebug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.