IGNORED

Voting: How's It Going

SilverBeach

29 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Now I have tears in my eyes, @HerNameIsBuffy. I feel quite humble and appreciative that I was able to do that.

I need a "Heart, Rufus bless, thank you, you-made-me-blush" upvote now. 

Once this is over we'll petition @Destiny for that.  I'm not allowed to be in charge of the emoticon reaction thingies because even with my glasses the dead parrot looks like a smoking volcano to me and thank you is absolutely a sperm holding a flower.

So every time someone thanks me it looks like a very sweet offer to impregnate me - ha.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

Wishing, hoping, praying for the US ... I might be on the other side of the world but I really do care about the outcome.

TBH I’m petrified that somehow he will pull off another victory. I had a dream last night that he won again and even Australia turned into Gilead. I was taken while on my way to get groceries and my husband didn’t know what happened ?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2

Voting took 45 minutes at 10am in MS. 
Though the line was twice as long by the time I got out. They are saying in my town lines are longer than they have ever been. 

MS doesn’t really have early voting Btw

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Once this is over we'll petition @Destiny for that.  I'm not allowed to me in charge of the emoticon reaction thingies because even with my glasses the dead parrot looks like a smoking volcano to me and thank you is absolutely a sperm holding a flower.

So every time someone thanks me it looks like a very sweet offer to impregnate me - ha.

I agree about the dead parrot. For the longest time I had no idea what that thing was supposed to be except that smoke was coming out of it.

The angry one looks like he's got a dogbone-shaped mask over his face, and two buns of hair sticking up from his head...

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, adidas said:

Wishing, hoping, praying for the US ... I might be on the other side of the world but I really do care about the outcome.

TBH I’m petrified that somehow he will pull off another victory. I had a dream last night that he won again and even Australia turned into Gilead. I was taken while on my way to get groceries and my husband didn’t know what happened ?

I dreamt last night that I couldn't vote because I was Gwen Stefani's sister and she made me join No Doubt and we had a concert.

Fortunately real me is unrelated to her, born with no musical talent, and early voted last week.

23 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I agree about the dead parrot. For the longest time I had no idea what that thing was supposed to be except that smoke was coming out of it.

The angry one looks like he's got a dogbone-shaped mask over his face, and two buns of hair sticking up from his head...

It does look like a dogbone shaped mask!  I've always seen it as a huge, white, handlebar mustache.

28 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Voting took 45 minutes at 10am in MS. 
Though the line was twice as long by the time I got out. They are saying in my town lines are longer than they have ever been. 

MS doesn’t really have early voting Btw

I hope everyone is being careful with masks, distancing, and such so you can all stay safe.

I do find the huge turnouts being reported both with early/mail in and today very heartening.  From what I've read historically this doesn't bode well for the incumbent as people don't usually turn out in droves for more of the same.  

One of my sons early voted 2 weeks ago and my other son and I early voted last week.  We were in line about 30 and 40 minutes respectively.  My daughter is getting off early to vote today due to expected lines.

• Upvote 8

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hope everyone is being careful with masks, distancing, and such so you can all stay safe.

I do find the huge turnouts being reported both with early/mail in and today very heartening.  From what I've read historically this doesn't bode well for the incumbent as people don't usually turn out in droves for more of the same.  

It felt like people were trying to socially distance without forcing people to be in the middle of a busy road. I believe everyone had masks on. The poll workers had both masks and face shields on. 

I was impressed considering MS doesn’t even have a mask mandate anymore 

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I was impressed considering MS doesn’t even have a mask mandate anymore 

What the actual fuck? Why not?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No, but we've also never had this level of merchandising for a sitting President. There are a lot of things happening that aren't exactly typical of "politics as usual." 

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

South Dakota never had one. We didn't either, at least not statewide.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

South Dakota never had one. We didn't either, at least not statewide.

That's patently ridiculous. Fuck your freedums, I don't want lung damage. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

County Clerk's  reported on twitter earlier this afternoon that they had a 34.5% in person turnout so far.  With absentee/mail in ballots that's 55+% so far.  And at the time there were 5.5 hours of in person voting left. 

• Upvote 3

I want to be hopeful, however I just can’t be. 
Sites like Nate Silver’s had Clinton comfortably ahead going into Election Day and then the world imploded. 
I think I need to go off the grid tonight 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

That's patently ridiculous. Fuck your freedums, I don't want lung damage. 

i was thinking that I don't want to go to any state that has no mandate! 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I want to be hopeful, however I just can’t be. 
Sites like Nate Silver’s had Clinton comfortably ahead going into Election Day and then the world imploded. 
I think I need to go off the grid tonight 

I envy your pessimism.  I tried to hang onto mine, but my hopes are up so much I'll be absolutely gutted if he wins.

I'm not trying to spread false hope, but while Biden wasn't most people's first choice he has never had the hatred of masses like Hilary.  That was one reason a lot of people held their nose and voted for Trump or just stayed home.  

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

i was thinking that I don't want to go to any state that has no mandate! 

16 States have no mandate. 

I'll say this, though. Most of those states have "democrat run" cities, where they do have mandates and lock downs. 

15 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

538 does acknowledge that they had Clinton ahead, but she did only lose by a polling error amount, so it was accounted for. And they've updated their models with some of the things they learned last time. 

• Thank You 2

Claire McCaskell tweeted a reminder to ignore exit polls - they're notoriously bad.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I’ll keep my avatar the way it is for now as I haven’t totally given up all hope. 

That being said, I picked a really bad week to go low carb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ll keep my avatar the way it is for now as I haven’t totally given up all hope. 

That being said, I picked a really bad week to go low carb. 

So strange - I haven't had cravings of note since about a week after I went off sugar 20+ weeks ago but today I would give all I own for a brownie, a few edibles, and a can of soda.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Because MaH FrEeDuM

And our governor is a joke. He constantly posts things on Facebook praising Donald Trump

• Upvote 2

Gentle reminder: as results start coming in, that conversation goes here:

We have enough people all over the country that might not have voted yet. 

May Rufus help us all.

Edit to add: I'm too lazy to edit the code so the above is in the fancy box, so just pretend it is mkay? Imma take off the mod hat now and go back to resisting temptation to bite my nails. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
edited mod box formatting
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Gentle reminder: as results start coming in, that conversation goes here:

We have enough people all over the country that might not have voted yet. 

May Rufus help us all.

Edit to add: I'm too lazy to edit the code so the above is in the fancy box, so just pretend it is mkay? Imma take off the mod hat now and go back to resisting temptation to bite my nails. 

I edited it for you.  Got your back, D.

• Love 2

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I edited it for you.  Got your back, D.

This is why you're my favorite. ❤️

• Love 2

This thread will automatically close when the polls do in another 30 min or so. Please feel free to celebrate or mourn in this thread: 

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic