IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

The Maxwell’s have bedbugs. 2020 = the end times.

i like how this is an inside way of letting their last guests know that THEY know they gave the Maxwell’s bedbugs. There is no other reason to make this information public, other than to bug-shame their most recent guests without naming names. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

I subscribe to their mailing list and thought something terrible was happening with Anna Marie or Gigi when I saw the email header "Very Bad News".  

Bed bugs are not great news, but panic over, Maxwell readers, panic over.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

The bed bugs must wreak havoc on the schedule. The must be beside themselves that Steve (note: Steve, apparently no one else) had to go through the guest room and "handle" things. 

That must have cut at least an hour, even more, into the schedule. How did they cope?

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

I read that title and saw Anna in the second sentence and my heart dropped.  But no, they have bed bugs.  Dramatic much? 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 14

2 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

The Maxwell’s have bedbugs. 2020 = the end times.

i like how this is an inside way of letting their last guests know that THEY know they gave the Maxwell’s bedbugs. There is no other reason to make this information public, other than to bug-shame their most recent guests without naming names. 

I thought Steve and Terri traveled recently. Couldn't they have brought them home in their luggage? Or were they not staying in hotels when they traveled.

I think it takes a while for an infestation to become apparent. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

I thought Steve and Terri traveled recently. Couldn't they have brought them home in their luggage? Or were they not staying in hotels when they traveled.

I think it takes a while for an infestation to become apparent. 

They went to Colorado in Aug.  And Jesse's wedding in May.

• Upvote 13

So my question is why didn’t Anna go directly to Steve and tell him about the bed hugs? Why did she leave him a note on his computer? I know if I found anything suspicious at my moms house I would tell her directly. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

Teri should go into the girls’ room at night and say “Good night!  Sleep tight and don’t let the bedbugs bite.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 34
  • Love 1

OMG! Those things had a buffet on me last Christmas at a hotel in Orlando. I thought I was going to scratch to my bones! Took months for the bite scars to clear up. I have  had to deal with those little bastards twice and from 5 star places.

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1
  • Love 3

What I want to know is why she taped a note (with the bug!) on his computer for him to see in the morning. It’s not an emergency that needs to be dealt with that very instant but it’s weird to me that she didn’t go tell him as soon as she discovered it. Was she cleaning so late that he’d already gone to bed for the night? Or is their schedule so tightly followed that even for something important he’s not to be disturbed and instead needs a note providing evidence? 

• Upvote 17

Teri wrote that Anna “was speculative of this bug.”

And she was responsible for the education of eight humans. I’ll just let that rest, there. 

Joseph is 40 minutes away.

Jesse is 30 minutes away and in a domicile he does not own.

Anna Marie’s girls had head lice.

Anna Marie is being treated for cancer.

And  Steve is a pew-sitter, not the preacher and leader, on Sunday.

I honestly wonder if he feels like a modern-day Job.  Can’t imagine what his family sit through during his (twice?) daily Bible studies. 

I do hope for the best for all of them. Anna Marie and the Fathership residents especially. 

ETA, snark-free: I was surprised but pleased that Anna had the guest / music / bug room to herself. My concept of Maxwell life is that no one is ever allowed to be alone other than for bathroom functions. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

Which is more ironic Maxwells getting bedbugs or Mango Mussolini getting COVID (allegedly).

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Which is more ironic Maxwells getting bedbugs or Mango Mussolini getting COVID (allegedly).

I think it’s a combination of both. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Guest/music/bug room made me snort my coffee @MamaJunebug  

All this, and Nurie’s wedding video coming out. No way will the Maxwells have time to tell us about using a pizza cutter on lettuce!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 1

I agree with those that say that the post title gave me a heart attack.

I think Steve has told the family not to bother him during certain times of the day

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

The rest of the world: Bad news. People are dying.

The Maxwells: Bad news. Anna found a bug.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think it’s a combination of both. 

And perhaps the last straw as well--a true sign of the end times! ?

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, jeansonly said:

I read that title and saw Anna in the second sentence and my heart dropped.  But no, they have bed bugs.  Dramatic much? 

That's exactly what I did, too. I think I'm legitimately mad at Teri for this one.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

So my question is why didn’t Anna go directly to Steve and tell him about the bed hugs? Why did she leave him a note on his computer? I know if I found anything suspicious at my moms house I would tell her directly. 

The Very Good News must be that Anna is finally now allowed to stay up later at night and get up later in the morning than her father. 

Thinking about it some more, I wonder if it is Very Bad News because Steve is using it to cut down on the fun times and exert more control over what is left of his wayward family.  There will be no overnight stays for the grandchildren, and no visits from out of town friends until he decides to unseal the guest room again.

• Upvote 13

In a year where millions of people around the world have died from a deadly virus; the bed bugs aren't the end of the world.  Bed bugs are really inconvenient, and difficult to deal with. If a friend told me she had bed bugs, I would be sympathetic. They seem to be playing up the drama; possibly for blog hits. I don't bed bugs are the end of the world.

I wasn't sure what to think when I saw that title "Very Bad News". It could have something to do Gigi's health or Anna Marie's health. It could have someone like Chelsy testing postive for Coronavirus. It could have been Steve had a heart attack. I know Steve is trying lower his chloresteral and ameliorate his heart problems, but my understanding is that the heart problems won't go away completely. 

I think bed bugs tend to spread faster than the Maxwells suspect. Steve and Teri may need to throw out that mattress. One of the hundreds of reasons to never stay with Teri and Steve!

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think bed bugs tend to spread faster than the Maxwells suspect.

There’s a good chance they’ve already begun spreading beyond the one room. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic