IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

How in the hell are the Howlers 16-21????? When did that happen? ?

Other random thoughts today:  Duggars are pretty good at marrying off sons and daughters. Why are Bates only able to marry off the girls? (besides Zach)

Just based on posts that have been shared here on free Jinger I get the feeling that Nathan is pretty obnoxious and opinionated, and I have a hunch that Trace might be also. I don't think Lawson really wants to be married right now.

I had two sets of high school friends who married their high school sweetheart, and a third who married his girlfriend who was 2 years older. I think she was in college when they started dating unless they started the summer before she went to college. I also know another couple who were high school sweethearts and they've been married about 30 years now. Sheesh, I'm old! 

I will say they look nice as a couple and it doesn't look like they're related unlike many Fundy couples. As a brown-eyed girl myself, it's nice to see a Duggar dating someone with brown eyes, which is also unusual for the Duggars.

As close as the now growlers are in age, I can see all except maybe Jackson marrying pretty quickly. It seems like when you have a close group of friends that wants one of them pairs up and gets married that whole cohort pairs up quickly and married.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Man, if a bunch of the growlers marry in the next year it will be Jana, Jackson,  Tyler and the lost girls left at home. That's it. I feel like Michelle gets along better with her teen/ young adult girls than any other age. I wouldn't be surprised if she bonded closer with them as they got old enough to do female bonding stuff with.  The only exception is Josie.  She was all into prescious baby Josie. Since Josie stopped being a baby she doesn't pay her attention and there have been definite times in the recent seasons where Josie very much annoyed her. I'll be interested to see if that changes in a few years as Josie gets older.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

What the actual fuck. He is one year older than my daughter. She is taking three science classes and pre calc in the 11th grade and is starting to research colleges which have a good pre med program.  

Two totally different worlds. 

Why? She's just gonna end up at home taking care of her precious blessings, right? 

• Upvote 3

Sure are a lot of side hug photos roaming around Instagram..... I’m betting they’ve been courting a while and are already engaged but will give us a fake engagement in November before a January Wedding.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Unicorn28 said:

I wonder if JB marries off his children soon if they look or seem like they can be troublemakers. Josh, Josiah, and now Justin. Makes one wonder if Justin was showing signs of rebellion or normal teenage hormones that may have trouble being repressed. Or JB could just be marrying them off young and dumb and by the time the kids figure it out they have a couple of kids of their own and can't get away from the Bank of JB or are just too deep to not need Daddy's help!

Im sure JB has learned his lesson from Derrick and will make sure his remaining daughters are married with men that are deep in the cult! No more outsiders! 

Wasn’t Justin Jill’s charge? Maybe he was afraid he would follow her path

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Because their boys are too busy staring at themselves in the mirror. ?

Or, in the case of Lawson, posing for pictures with a poor horse or baby.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Unicorn28 said:

I wonder if JB marries off his children soon if they look or seem like they can be troublemakers. Josh, Josiah, and now Justin. Makes one wonder if Justin was showing signs of rebellion or normal teenage hormones that may have trouble being repressed. Or JB could just be marrying them off young and dumb and by the time the kids figure it out they have a couple of kids of their own and can't get away from the Bank of JB or are just too deep to not need Daddy's help!

Im sure JB has learned his lesson from Derrick and will make sure his remaining daughters are married with men that are deep in the cult! No more outsiders! 

JB just needs to take a freaking chill pill here. When I learned that there would be a new courtship announcement I assumed that it would be Jana. Justin was the last one I thought of because of his age. I also thought it could've been Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason and/or James. Justin just seems too young to settle down and marry. I hope that he and Claire have a longer courtship than the rest of the Duggars. But knowing how they work Justin is going to end up popping the question shortly after he turns 18.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

Wasn’t Justin Jill’s charge? Maybe he was afraid he would follow her path

I thought he was Jessa's? I remember Justin and Jordyn went with Jessa and Ben to do their wedding registry.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I thought he was Jessa's? I remember Justin and Jordyn went with Jessa and Ben to do their wedding registry.

James was in Jill's group, not Justin.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I know someone who married her high school sweetheart. She was a year ahead of me, he was 2 years older then her.  He’s the only guy she ever dated. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 4

there is something icky about this - her seemingly way older and more mature and justin being a child. 

it's not like ben and jessa 

this doesn't look adorable - it looks like wrong

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, nst said:

there is something icky about this - her seemingly way older and more mature and justin being a child. 

it's not like ben and jessa 

this doesn't look adorable - it looks like wrong

It would be cute if they were just dating like kids their age do. But the fact that they'll likely be married within the next six months and parents by the end of next year is just weird.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Has he actually been living with the Spiveys?

If he has, I hope that he has been learning the construction trade. At least working for his father-in-law would get him out of Jim Bob's umbrella of protection.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20200921-200508.thumb.png.0a51dc61e3006013837798d773c0e226.png

Looks like they've been together at least since Christmas.

Has he actually been living with the Spiveys?

They met at Big Sandy when he was still just 16. Word on the street says they've been courting for about a year.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

51 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

If he has, I hope that he has been learning the construction trade. At least working for his father-in-law would get him out of Jim Bob's umbrella of protection.

True, but I get the feeling her family is just as crazy as the Duggars. How else do you explain their willingness to allow their child to "court" one of those boys!?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

True, but I get the feeling her family is just as crazy as the Duggars. How else do you explain their willingness to allow their child to "court" one of those boys!?

The Spiveys are allegedly Duggar worshippers. They seem ecstatic about Claire hitching her wagon to the Duggar wagon train.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

It's confirmed that this is the official Justin Instagram...some of the photos (well basically all except the first) show how really young they both are, and I think a couple are from last year. Definitely see them engaged by his bday

Oh dear, the milkshake reminds me so much of me and my brother. Our age difference is 8 years though....

At least this are not two underage people, I guess?

6 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

You make a good point and I notice I didn’t make myself clear enough. What I meant by speculating that there will be other Duggar scandals such as divorces was that the lovely, wholesome, aren’t-we-just-the-sweetest-family imagine might be tainted. So such occurrences might be scandalous for such a public IBLP family and the Duggar brand, but not a scandal in our eyes. Also, keep in mind that while the Duggar children might still publicly toe JD and Michelle’s line even after a possible divorce (or whatever else might happen), not all spouses are like Anna. 

I don’t see a divorce down the line with any of the married couples. Anna had the best reasons and decided to stay. Jill and Derick seemingly took on the hard work and came out on the better end. If there won’t be extremely bad actions from a son in law (physical violence and public disgrace) there will be no divorce as long as JB holds the reigns. I can see couples living like room mates or even separate but still be married.

It seems Justin spend quite some time with her family. It’s only fair, Ben at a similar had to move in with the Duggar’s too. Would it be too much to hope that they move closer to her family? 
I had a small chuckle at the people interview. He mentioned finding different things to do for dating in quarantine- all I could think was: yeah, you have to marry straight away don’t you?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Justin's face in the milkshake pic is funny, it looks like he's realizing that soon he'll see boobs.

In the announcement pic from the article, Claire looks like she could be 25, and Justin looks 15. It's very disconcerting.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

James was in Jill's group, not Justin.  

Thank you I start mixing them up when I get to the howlers

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Duggar Data says that Claire’s mom, Hilary, was homeschooled herself, so they are likely deeeep fundie. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Justin's face in the milkshake pic is funny, it looks like he's realizing that soon he'll see boobs.

In the announcement pic from the article, Claire looks like she could be 25, and Justin looks 15. It's very disconcerting.

Especially where his eyes seem to be looking ?

• I Agree 2

Well, the only good thing I can think of is that they're friends for over a year now. Not your usual 'we know eachother for 3 months, let's get married' style. 

How they support their family is a mystery though. That goes for all of them except Austin. (Not counting JB sponsorship)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

They met in spring 2019, that is a long time to side hug someone. I def can see the engagement on or shortly after his birthday and then quick a winter wedding will follow.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic