IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

I also use mostly hair to ID people, all people, regardless of race; I also use their gait and posture, but hair comes first. For people who have 'typical' hair I am sometimes lost unless they have some obvious difference with something in their face. 

• Upvote 2

@Bobology yes. I do that too. That one feature that nobody wants to be noticed....that becomes how I remember them if they have "typical" hair. I am also terrible at names so when some talks about "Karen in accounting" I'm standing there wondering is she the one with the missing front tooth or the one with the limp....and of course it would never be okay to ask or describe someone in that manner so I usually have no idea who people are referring to. I cannot picture faces- even of people close to me! Sometimes me and my husband will be out and I'll be like hey, is that my brother? And my husband will be like who? There's nobody here who looks anything like your brother. 

Edited by Kelsey
Rambling
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Count me in on the “id based on hair” group. It’s part of how I learn my students’ names; Billy has long red hair and Bobby has spiked red hair etc”. Snowsuit patterns work really well in the winter with the little ones. Last year, four of my catechism girls had the exact same hair. Fortunately, their faces looked nothing alike. The one year that I had identical twins (who were 100% identical), I had to go by colour of elastics around their braids. 

• Upvote 4

There is a really interesting (to me at least) book about face blindness titled "You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know".  About someone with the actual disease, as in she doesn't recognize her own family members sometimes.

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Look-Like-Anyone-Know/dp/1594485402/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

There is a really interesting (to me at least) book about face blindness titled "You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know".  About someone with the actual disease, as in she doesn't recognize her own family members sometimes.

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Look-Like-Anyone-Know/dp/1594485402/

That would be me, and I was so delighted when I found out it is an actual thing. I never understood how people see differences in faces, but then again I walked past my own lawyer outside court and my own son in the airport (he'd cut his hair). But once somebody moves I know exactly.

• Upvote 11

When my son was in high school (13yrs ago--how did THAT happen!?) He had long,gorgeous curly har. On graduation day, he was out all day, running errands, and told me he would see me at the ceremony.  As the processional began, I became frantic because I couldn't find him.  Ya know why?? He had gotten himself a buzz cut, and was literally unrecognizable!  I'm still sad about it!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Claire's mom insta there are some photos of Justin and Claire at the family camp, do you think is possible he asked to pa' Spivey for permission to ask Claire to get engaged at the camp? It seems they are down there just whit her family, or at least I haven't seen anyone of the Duggar there not even on other accounts 

• Upvote 2

Couple #1 - Kord & Grace.

I'm such a nerd, my mind immediately went to the D&D Deity named Kord. I am pretty sure they'd think that a) D&D leads to Satan (a la Chick Tracts) & b) Oh no, another deity! Even though fictional /clutches pearls/

Still amused me though :)  

https://dungeonsdragons.fandom.com/wiki/Kord#:~:text=D%26D 4e,god of strength and storms.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Claire's mom insta there are some photos of Justin and Claire at the family camp, do you think is possible he asked to pa' Spivey for permission to ask Claire to get engaged at the camp? It seems they are down there just whit her family, or at least I haven't seen anyone of the Duggar there not even on other accounts 

I'm just shocked the girls are now allowed to wear shorts to play volleyball.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Did I spy a Bates (Warden I think) on the back row in the second picture? Could he too get to know a girl at 17? It seems at least Jb and Meechelle and Anna plus kids are there, so I think we could assume all the kids still at home are at the family camp. 

• Upvote 11

Thanks, @opheliaI just checked in the Bates thread, and yes is confirmed it is Warden Bates and the girl seems to be around his age if she is the one that, people think. I remember a couple of weeks ago or so Lawson was kinda teasing him (Warden) in a live that they do sometimes before the show airs 

• Upvote 7

We know the Bates family had a few cases of Corona. So far the Duggars have not made public any cases in their family. They are in contact with thousands of people at this Alert function and nobody gives a shit about wearing a mask. That's 2 camps they attended with no masks. I guess they are waiting for someone to catch it eventually.

20 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Did I spy a Bates (Warden I think) on the back row in the second picture? Could he too get to know a girl at 17? It seems at least Jb and Meechelle and Anna plus kids are there, so I think we could assume all the kids still at home are at the family camp. 

Oh and I forgot to mention Justin looking cold in that pic while everyone's wearing jackets. Hopefully it got warmer later.

• Upvote 8

31 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Warden and that girl do look very close to not be a couple, she is also seated in between all the Bates siblings, since i am pretty sure thats Ellie next to her, and on the other side next to Warden thats Isaiah. Jackson was atending this years alert so i supose thats why they are there, to watch him "graduate".

• Upvote 7

It's kind of a shitty thing for Mom Spivey to do, posting a picture of one of the Bates boys with a potential partner. I highly doubt she got the Bates' permission to post that.

• Upvote 5

All I can think of looking at those pics: DO YOU REALISE WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC?  And good Christian people (of the sort they think are good) are also dying from it? Deaths aren't just in the heathen foreign places and devil lands of New York and California.

The lack of social distancing, multi household hugging and lack of masks when in close proximity to others boggles my mind.

Though I do approve of how mainstream jeans seem to be for girls, a few years ago they'd all be in skirts at an event like that (even the families who sneakily allowed it at home).

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

It's kind of a shitty thing for Mom Spivey to do, posting a picture of one of the Bates boys with a potential partner. I highly doubt she got the Bates' permission to post that.

Hilary Spivey seems really thirsty for attention/ absolutely thrilled her daughter bagged a Duggar.... like a classier Jill Rodrigues

the best I can say for the family camp is at least it's mostly outdoors? the Duggars are really pushing their luck though

• Upvote 18

57 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Damn, Michelle looks hella baked...

Mother's little helper FTW, I'm sure. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Hilary Spivey seems really thirsty for attention/ absolutely thrilled her daughter bagged a Duggar.... like a classier Jill Rodrigues

the best I can say for the family camp is at least it's mostly outdoors? the Duggars are really pushing their luck though

What’s her insta name again please I can’t seem to find these pictures. Neither Justin or Claire follow her.

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s her insta name again please I can’t seem to find these pictures. Neither Justin or Claire follow her.

hilaryspivey, i think the pictures above are embedded not a screenshot so that should link. also check you have only one L in hilary

3 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

hilaryspivey, i think the pictures above are embedded not a screenshot so that should link. also check you have only one L in hilary

Cheers for that :) 

I’m just gunna add these pics here. For the person that said mechelle looks baked. Yep. I agree.

secondly  Hannie hasn’t had the spunk journey of the hearted out of her yet  

these would make great avatars lol 

53975AF9-4FB7-4534-A992-7F0ED417CB41.png

D746B3B5-2888-4E44-A86E-FA977C3C1866.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add photos and comments.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic