IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

I really think the reason they can be seen as similar looking is that:

1. They’re all the same race

2. they all follow the same fundie style, not only of dresses but also hair make up etc.

3. they all have been trained to make the same facial expressions

4. They all have kind of an ambiguous personality that make them seem more blendy

just my opinion. I personally do t think they look that much a like but that’s the commonality I see. 

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

2. they all follow the same fundie style, not only of dresses but also hair make up etc.

4. They all have kind of an ambiguous personality that make them seem more blendy

just my opinion. I personally do t think they look that much a like but that’s the commonality I see. 

#3 is a really good point!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Interesting. I could see a really vague resemblance Between Jana and Claire, but not striking, no more than you’d see in a random group of women Walking at the mall. No resemblance between either of them and Abbie. Jinger and Joy and Abbie all Look a little similar to me, because they all have big eyes. 
Of the couples, Josh and Anna look like siblings, as do Joy and Austin. 

This stuff is so interesting with such a large group.

• Upvote 6

On 9/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, FiveAcres said:

Unfortunately, a lot of these families, even those who purport to be "Amish" model, seem to produce young men who have a bad case of "you are not the boss of me." 

I wonder how much of this comes from being controlled to such a degree all their lives?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

What blows me away is that he's 17, he's a minor child, Im assuming still in high school, who during a pandemic wasn't hunkering down at home!      My college age daughters came home in March and didn't leave the house for a month.   When they did want to go to a friends house to sit and chat in the driveway we carefully talked thru the details.    But over there is Justin, traveling during the worst of the pandemic, quarantining with another family and he's still a kid!     

A family that monitors the kids cell phones, monitors their social media, monitors what TV they watch, what hymns they can sing......because not all Christian music is appropriate.     this is the family that is going to let their minor child go court Claire during a pandemic?!    Its so inconsistent in their parenting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

How long was he in Texas? Reddit seems to think he was there for a long time. If so, he's quarantining just with a different family.

• Upvote 6

I see instagram shows him fixing up a fixer up. no mention of flipping it. Marital home perhaps? I did have an inkling something would pop up soon when I saw Jana tiling a brothers house. I was like hmmm marital home is afoot. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I see instagram shows him fixing up a fixer up. no mention of flipping it. Marital home perhaps? I did have an inkling something would pop up soon when I saw Jana tiling a brothers house. I was like hmmm marital home is afoot. 

According to Claire's mother, the house is being flipped. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

According to Claire's mother, the house is being flipped. 

Claire's mother... she seems quite INVOLVED.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It plays into the narrative I've heard that the Spiveys are Duggar worshippers. Ma Spivey needs to leave Justin's social media alone.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

I’m hoping she’ll continue like this- could be quite entertaining. Like the Cathy Dillard ‘you make a lot of assumptions’ before Jill & Derick went rogue!

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Considering her teenage daughter is dating a underage teenage boy that makes sense. And some people think Justin is moving to Texas and spent quite a lot of time in TX.  

Anyway Guinn Seewald occasionally answers people's questons. 

If they didn't like the Duggars, I doubt they'd let their daughter get involved with them. 

• Upvote 9

On 9/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, Daisy0322 said:

I know I am going to get blowback for this but I have been wanting to post something to this effect for a while and morel. People don't realize how much white people look alike without hair color. Add to that the fact White people in the South are generally of English (most), Irish, Scottish, or Central European ancestry.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

@whipple - my own DNA is 22% Scot, and something like 58% English/NW European with the rest being German with an oddball smidge of Scandinavian and some rouge Fin (that I don't understand) (note that 58% English/NWE should have ~12.5% German(ish) from the Westphalia region but Ancestry seems to have a really hard time pulling that out from England and the rest of NWE) - all that to say - I agree. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, PVMom said:

What blows me away is that he's 17, he's a minor child, Im assuming still in high school, who during a pandemic wasn't hunkering down at home!      My college age daughters came home in March and didn't leave the house for a month.   When they did want to go to a friends house to sit and chat in the driveway we carefully talked thru the details.    But over there is Justin, traveling during the worst of the pandemic, quarantining with another family and he's still a kid!     

A family that monitors the kids cell phones, monitors their social media, monitors what TV they watch, what hymns they can sing......because not all Christian music is appropriate.     this is the family that is going to let their minor child go court Claire during a pandemic?!    Its so inconsistent in their parenting.

To many, it may sound like inconsistent parenting.

To the Duggars, it makes perfect sense.

The purpose of a boy's upbringing is to prepare him to undertake the responsibility of a family. As long as they are sure Justin won't get any more physical other than share a drink from the same glass as Claire's, with a different straw, his parents won't care about sending him to a chaperone-friendly large family in Texas during lockdowns.

Now, you may think, yes, but how will he be ready to raise his own family if education takes a backseat? Well, this is a non-issue for IBLPers, generally, as males are expected to work with their hands. So, in any IBLP parent's eyes, what's better than seeing your almost-of-age son receive a job offer from his future FIL? The fact that the boss is the wife-to-be's father means that the undereducated lad won't ever struggle financially, if he's lucky (or if he's not Derick).

Other fundies from the NIFB, notably Zsuzsanna Anderson, have spoken in favor of the wife being a bit older than the husband. She herself is married to a man 2 years her junior, and her 18 y.o. son would have married his almost 19 y.o. first sweetheart had her husband not called off the wedding, for reasons totally unrelated to age. 

Some fundies despise and downplay the stage of adolescence, and as some boys appear quite boisterous, hormonal and maybe "easily tempted", the family may welcome an early marriage for a son with enthusiasm, as it would force him to grow up and not "stray".

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Saw this shared on Tumblr. It's a reply Hilary made to a comment on Justin's IG.

Screenshot_2020-09-29 Tumblr(1).png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 18
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

How disturbing is it that your future DIL's mother is a fangirl?  I mean, I would sincerely be put off by that...

However, I'm sure Boob is enjoying the ego stoke he gets from it. ?

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

Saw this shared on Tumblr. It's a reply Hilary made to a comment on Justin's IG.

Justin's daddy?  Sounds like he's two.

And I'd like to know how responsible and well-equipped she thinks Josh was.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

That’s more than a little creepy to me!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

23 minutes ago, ExTeach713 said:

That’s more than a little creepy to me!

I'm sure JB is enjoying having a new cheerleader on his team!

Someone a few pages back mentioned that Cathy Dillard had shared some questionable responses to comments back in the day. Can anyone elaborate on that?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

So I know we’ve talked about how young Justin is to get married to this girl, but that reply just confirms that they will without a doubt be married ASAP. I don’t understand encouraging young marriage, especially when he’s not even 18 yet, but it definitely seems like Claire’s parents are 100% supporting marrying as soon as possible with what she says Jim Bob supposedly told Justin. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Considering that the Swansons moved to AR from GA, after their daughter married a Duggar it's not like this is a new phenomenon. Fundies admire the Duggars for being rich fundies and being on television. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So I know we’ve talked about how young Justin is to get married to this girl, but that reply just confirms that they will without a doubt be married ASAP. I don’t understand encouraging young marriage, especially when he’s not even 18 yet, but it definitely seems like Claire’s parents are 100% supporting marrying as soon as possible with what she says Jim Bob supposedly told Justin. 

Young marriage discourages sexual exploration and also gives a much better shot and keeping them in the fold. Not too many places to go if you are an undereducated 19 year year old with one kid and another in the hopper. Jill married a guy who waited to get married until after he completed college, and look what happened there...

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Jill married a guy who waited to get married until after he completed college, and look what happened there...

I kind of think that was a fluke. Jinger did the same thing and she's a total Stepford Wife now.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I kind of think that was a fluke. Jinger did the same thing and she's a total Stepford Wife now.

True. I forgot about that.

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic