IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

Wow, these folks are serious about NOT social distancing. So a party was already planned and everyone already knew Claire would say yes. Now we have to look out for a bridal shower. Any guesses for a winter or spring wedding?

• Upvote 5

What ever suits TLC.. if their producers want to wait due to the pandemic, they'll wait. Someones has to pay for the wedding and it won't be JB. So we might see a longer than typical Duggar engagement.

• Upvote 3

On the other hand I can also see a whole how do Duggar’s do a wedding in the middle of pandemic storyline.  Will pair well with baby birthing in a pandemic.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

On the other hand I can also see a whole how do Duggar’s do a wedding in the middle of pandemic storyline.  Will pair well with baby birthing in a pandemic.

How will we tell the difference? They are travelling around, mixing with multiple households and doing what they always do. Any pretence that they modify their behaviour will be just that - a pretence for this important TLC dollars.

• Upvote 5

So Justin joined Spivey's church...and Spivey's pastor is David Waller. Is Justin living with David and Pris???

• Upvote 5

On 11/26/2020 at 7:30 AM, ophelia said:

What ever suits TLC.. if their producers want to wait due to the pandemic, they'll wait. Someones has to pay for the wedding and it won't be JB. So we might see a longer than typical Duggar engagement.

Pandemic may last months, nobody knows. Keeping a young couple engaged for months, while they cannot even kiss, neither go alone in a car or in a restaurant is very risky. I think JB and Michelle are willing to marry Justin, no matter is they have to pay a few bucks. And of course Claire's mother is dying to see them married, so she will pay too. I guess she has already picked the dress (when I say she, I mean the mom).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:07 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Wow, these folks are serious about NOT social distancing. So a party was already planned and everyone already knew Claire would say yes. Now we have to look out for a bridal shower. Any guesses for a winter or spring wedding?

Since they timed all of their announcements with making sure he was 18 first, I assume they at least *somewhat* care about the optics and public perception of Justin's age and teen-groom status... Additionally, the sound of two teens getting married is different than one teen and one in their 20's. (NO teens getting married sounds BEST, but I am not a fundie.) 

Therefore my guess is before Claire turns 20 at the end of February so that they can both be "teens." (someone correct me if I'm wrong on her birthday.) 

• Upvote 10

• samurai_sarah locked this topic