IGNORED

Dillards 86: It's a Long Way to Tipperary

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jill posted on IG about RBG- you go, girl!

Just came here because I saw that too! Honestly you could knock me over with a feather about that one. No one is obligated to ever post any sort of condolences when a public figure they don’t know passes away, it’s entirely optional. For her to post about someone like her who was so openly known for her liberal views and pro-choice stance is... really astonishing for Jill and where she has come from. Warmed my little heart I have to say...

• Upvote 29

1 hour ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Just came here because I saw that too! Honestly you could knock me over with a feather about that one. No one is obligated to ever post any sort of condolences when a public figure they don’t know passes away, it’s entirely optional. For her to post about someone like her who was so openly known for her liberal views and pro-choice stance is... really astonishing for Jill and where she has come from. Warmed my little heart I have to say...

Same, I came straight here. Considering some republicans have been nearly salivating over RBG's death and what it means for the court it was indeed heartwarming. It does seem like Jill makes an effort to see the human in people. 

And off topic, I've watched some of her videos this week and I am utterly charmed by Izzy and Sam! They seem so well adjusted and just comfortable with themselves and their place in their family. 

Edited by FinallySignedUp
Typo as per usual
  • Upvote 22

5 hours ago, FinallySignedUp said:

Considering some republicans have been nearly salivating over RBG's death and what it means for the court it was indeed heartwarming. It does seem like Jill makes an effort to see the human in people. 

I agree- I was really surprised to see this considering some Republicans could barely contain their glee and didn’t even think to wait 24 hours.

I thought Derick might have posted something as he is a would be lawyer. However he made it clear in 2016 he was a single issue voter so while he may not be stupid enough to express pleasure at her death, I doubt he’ll be expressing anything positive- but maybe he’ll surprise us too.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jill posted on IG about RBG- you go, girl!

I wonder of she and Derick have talked about it - with him being a law student, he could know more than most about the intricacies of her legacy. And it's a pretty impressive one.

• Upvote 14

26 minutes ago, WarriorJane said:

No snark intended, but does Jill know who RBG is?  I mean I know she knows she was a SC Justice,  but does she grasp what she stood for?

I have to assume yes, and especially by now. Posting about her like that at all, especially using a sort of nickname like her initials, to me signals some familiarity beyond just what her job was. And after about 13 hours of that post being in her stories I bet she’s gotten lots of messages from “concerned conservatives” about it, so if she didn’t know then she knows now. But the post remains up..

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, WarriorJane said:

No snark intended, but does Jill know who RBG is?  I mean I know she knows she was a SC Justice,  but does she grasp what she stood for?

Jill’s post was a re-post from Republican Senator John Boozman from Arkansas. I think some Republicans are publicly “taking the high road” by offering condolences while privately feeling gleeful about their potential opportunity to replace her.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, Grace said:

I kind of agree with them though....I do not understand carbonated water at all. ?

? disagree (careful I wrote a lengthy statement. I didn’t think I was that passionate about water...).

Carbonated water is life. I can only stomach tab water for drinking water (obviously I use it for cooking or tea)  when I have the worst hangover ever. Otherwise it just tastes stale. Like champagne from yesterday compared to a freshly opened bottle. 
I was shocked when I learned that many other countries don’t have 10+ options in water brands (with the zero, medium, high carbonated option each). Our tabwater is actually very good quality but we as a nation are definitely carbonated. The carbon stimulates a slightly sour taste that is probably not everyone’s liking. But our wells are already slightly carbonated by nature. The carbon acts bacteriostatic but the effect isn’t as important as tab water is also fine. That was more important in the 19th/early 20th century. So we buy water in shops and carry it home. Some people even by zero carbonated water and bring it home. If your plumbing is good that’s crazy. In general this all must seem very strange for others. 
At least you can avoid it, because you can always get a zero or tab water. It much harder the other way round.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Jill’s post was a re-post from Republican Senator John Boozman from Arkansas. I think some Republicans are publicly “taking the high road” by offering condolences while privately feeling gleeful about their potential opportunity to replace her.

I agree. Boozman has always been cozy with the Duggars. They visited his office on an early filmed trip to DC. He toes the Republican Party line full stop.

I think he felt he had to say something to come across seeming like a decent human being (more than we can say for our sitting president, so the bar is low). 

Jill obviously didn’t have to post anything. But a repost from a republican senator/family friend maybe made it feel more palatable to her. Baby steps I guess.  

• Upvote 13

I’m at the point where I wake up every day just to see what kind of FU Jill is sending her parents today.

Gothard was super against sports bars. Jill would have read stories in the Wisdom booklets about men who wound up losing their family and fortune just because they stopped for some chicken wings on the way home one night.

I absolutely believe she’s filming and posting specific things on purpose, knowing that most of her audience isn’t super familiar on IBLP and won’t pick up the subtleties...but the people she’s throwing shade at will.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 47
  • I Agree 1

@just_ordinary, thank you for explaining all that about water. I live in an area that has lovely tasting, (meaning no taste) clean, refreshing water. I dont' understand bottled water unless we're going on a camping trip and bottle some to freeze to keep the meat cold. I had no idea there were tiers of carbonation.

My kids? Buy bottles of water when they shop for me,(using my credit card) keep it at my house, and use it.. I pay for it for them? Damn kids. If I want bottled water, I fill a Tervis tumbler with ice and water, and take it along..

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

I agree. Boozman has always been cozy with the Duggars. They visited his office on an early filmed trip to DC. He toes the Republican Party line full stop.

I think he felt he had to say something to come across seeming like a decent human being (more than we can say for our sitting president, so the bar is low). 

Jill obviously didn’t have to post anything. But a repost from a republican senator/family friend maybe made it feel more palatable to her. Baby steps I guess.  

I think the term baby step is right. It could very wel be that Jill doesn't agree with RBG's political stance and has also chosen to ''take the high road'' like Boozman did. That is very probable. But even if that were the case, I'd still consider it a step in the right direction. It used to be more common (back when the political climate used to be more ''normal'') to still hold a sort of respect for your political adversaries. And I believe people were able to put their political differences aside in situation of illnesses, death, family life and such.

Even if Jill was posting this just for show (to come across as a decent human being), then maybe she is open now to respect people who are commendable and worthy of praise, even if she may not always agree with them.

Edited by Vivi_music
Spelling
  • Upvote 18

9 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Thank you-was going to point that out too. And Boozman might not be the worst on the political spectrum these days ( the bar is low) but he’s pretty bad when it comes to protecting the rights of minorities, LBGTQ, and reproductive rights, to name a few.

• Upvote 5

On 9/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

Boone's Farm wine?   Cherry Mist? Rum and coke? Muscatell?

Anyone that old?

Yes, I am that old. You forgot Annie Green Springs and MD 20/20.

I am very curious as to what type of law Derrick will do. How mainstream will he and Jill be when he's out of school and working? I think they will still be pretty conservative by most standards. I wonder if Jill will go to school and become a registered nurse or a certified nurse midwife once both boys are in school. 

The division between Jill and her parents must be so hard on her. She was the 'perfect' daughter, always helping, always doing the right thing, cheerfully. I wonder how JB explains the situation to the younger kids still at home? He's kind of stuck since a woman is supposed to follow her husband. Jill does seem to be doing that even though it isn't her father's wish. Poor JB-the headship concept is coming back to bite him!

Edited by Letgo
addition
  • Upvote 8

I am happy to see Jill get her haircut & blowout.  She looks cute & seems so pleased to be pampered.  

I think she has gotten close with her Aunt (Jim Bob’s sister) and Amy which is a good thing as her family of origin seems to have abandoned her.

Derrick seems to be a good influence on her to start spreading her wings.  I hope when her youngest gets into school full time, and Derrick graduates law school that Jill is able to go pursue her dreams to become a REAL nurse/midwife.

I think Jill is beginning to realize that there is more to life then being pregnant all the time, and a parent to a dozen kids.

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I wonder how much (if any) PTSD/anxiety she has about pregnancy given her births.  I would be freaked OUT to have another delivery if I were her.  She may very well be delighted that Derick isn't insisting on unlimited procreation and that encouraged her to follow his lead on many other things.

• Upvote 10

20 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I wonder how much (if any) PTSD/anxiety she has about pregnancy given her births.  I would be freaked OUT to have another delivery if I were her.  She may very well be delighted that Derick isn't insisting on unlimited procreation and that encouraged her to follow his lead on many other things.

Or simply she does not want another kid. I had the most smoothing pregnancy and a healthy baby and was happier than ever... But didn't feel I needed more kids. I found my life perfect with one. Had another baby 9 years later because... I wanted. 

Jill may be just fine. No trauma, no medical problems, money enough to afford more children, but just not wanting another.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Logically speaking, Jill’s likely reality for delivering another baby is a repeat c-section, and more importantly, good prenatal care and nutritional counseling. Jill had 2 huge babies, and  don’t think we can necessarily say that it’s a family trait for this to happen. Most of Michelle’s babies were average sized, and so far, all of Jill’s sister who have had decent prenatal care have had average sized babies. All of her sister in laws, including Deanna (sp?) have also had averaged sized babies. The huge babies, Izzy, Sam, Spurgeon and Gideon were all born after questionable antenatal care. I applaud Jessa and Joy for making changes in subsequent pregnancies (we know this because they both mentioned it), which produced much more average sized babies.

I think Jill is enjoying the ability to have a choice I n how she lives her life. Yes, babies are great, but so is a childfree life. Choice is what makes life worth living. If Kendra had options and a choice to do things other than have a baby every year, I think she’d enjoy having that choice.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I think Jill will try to have at least one more baby if she is physically able and gets an okay from her doctor. I believe that she and Derick (maybe mostly Derick) decided not to have another baby while he was in law school. I predict a birth or at least a pregnancy announcement soon after Derick takes the bar exam.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm a horrible cynic, so my take on all of this is, naturally, somewhat cynical.

Derick hates Jim Bob.  He probably has no use for Michelle either, but he really hates Jim Bob.  I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons for this, and I'd probably agree with all of those reasons.  If I can put myself in Derick's shoes, though, I'd be particularly furious over how Jill and her sisters were treated by their parents after the molestation story broke. 

Aside from that eventual tell-all, what's the best way to exact revenge on JB right now?  Short of them becoming Wiccans, I can't think of anything much better than People magazine running an article about Jilly Muffin Drinking Booze.

I don't think we can lose sight of the fact that Jill was trained up her entire life to accept her future husband as her headship.  I really hope these changes are something that she is personally embracing and not just things she's doing because Derick tells her she should.  Because that's not true growth; that's just another asshole telling you how to live your life. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

This is Derick last year right? And then? I mean he could take the exam just after the last day of school? Like here for high school (I don't know if this is a thing in the Us sorry) or he has to wait for a national date? And after that when does he know the results? I guess that if you pass it with a good vote and have gone to a good school then you could start working immediately, so he has kinda set date for when he will start working right? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic