IGNORED

The Truth is in There...Somewhere

Walking Cat Bed

My dad posted this on fb this morning.

Mom who took children, claiming they were being sexually abused, pleads guilty in Stafford.

Melody has a few blog posts that describe alleged incidents and name names -- based on my childhood, I definitely believe something happened to her kids.

We were involved in the same church as the husband's family since I was an infant -- we literally grew up together. My sister went to prom with their eldest son (of four). When our families were introduced, the father looked at me and said "oh, is that my future daughter in law?", gesturing to the youngest son. I knew the husband as Billy, and Billy was the "smart one" -- with a mean streak. He hid it well, but there was always something seething below the surface. My parents were up-and-coming in the shared church until the B parents divorced and my mom stayed close with their mother -- their mother had serious stories, my mom believed some of them. Before that, they'd host pool parties through the summer "for church". I was abruptly told a few times to go inside, change, and find a book to read near the moms (I was pre-tween). I recognize several of the names Melody mentions -- JM was the pastor, RC is his in-law. They were both "fatherly" and promoted an idea called "spiritual fatherhood" (basically, "do what your father figure says or hell"). JTB was always part of things, despite having been divorced. Of the four sons, Billy was all-in -- the oldest spent time in the army, respected my parents more than JM; the youngest was always in trouble at school, and I have no idea what he's up to now. The fourth son, who was "a wussy boy" (i.e. felt his feelings), wavered between wanting to be one of the favorite sons and not wanting to follow JM. My family left when "spiritual fatherhood" was really being pushed -- my mom wasn't "trustworthy" so any momentum dad had picked up was gone; dad started openly challenging JM. 

All of that to say...whatever the details, I believe Melody's claims that her children were abused and that she was trying to get them to safety. I'm pissed that the people who offered to help seem to be nlq, v-kye g's peers, and q-n-n followers, which means people are more likely to dismiss her claims. I wish someone without a pocket full of conspiracies had been there to help.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1