IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I notice she’s wearing nail polish, back in the old days they would make you take it off.  They used to check your finger nails to make sure they were pink and oxygenated.  I guess now they have a better way.  I’m happy those cute babies are well.

They put a clip thing on your finger to check your oxygen now. 

I'm super curious she's going to name these two. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Babies, by definition, are beautiful when speaking to the mom.

Of course. When I had Baby Nova, she looked like a potato as well but she was my potato and therefore beautiful.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t follow that one, but Abbie is educated and privileged. She knows better. I’m not sure that JRod has had or even has the advantages that AH has or has had.

When you know better and have more( of everything),  more is expected from you. 

I totally agree. She actually reminds me a lot of Kate Gosslen. She wants attention and control so bad. Too bad Shaun is less likely to divorce her. Thanks to their religious beliefs.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I was born when it was once a c section, always a c section, and my mom was assigned a date by her doctor to come in and have me. It happened to be my siblings birthday but my mom didn’t think to question it because you didn’t question doctors then. She just went in and I was delivered. 37 years later, I can say with certainty that my sibling has never, ever forgiven me for having the audacity to be born on *their* birthday. We have a terrible relationship anyway because we don’t share any values but their resentment of me began, literally, on the day I was born and they were shunted off to be cared for by someone else for the day. I doubt that Abbies kids will hate each other but there will definitely be a point where the older girls wonder why, of all the days, they couldn’t have this one day in their family. 

Babies are babies, they are always delightful to me, I’m eager to hear their names.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm glad they are here and healthy.  

As someone so astutely posted above, welcome to the narc circus, wee ones.  You can bet your bottom dollar she will now add to her IG bio that she has TWO SETS OF MONO DI (every time she says that it makes my teeth itch) TWINS BORN ON THE SAME DAY and therefore Braggie is the most super special mama in the history of the world.  She will also find a way to work the shared birthday into probably every post she makes about either set of twins.  She says the girls have already declared the boys to be "their babies".  I hope they're up for that, because they likely don't realize how true it really will be.  At the hale and hearty age of 8, they are now mini-mothers.   Get ready to change a few thousand diapers, girls.

My opinion of Shaun has sunk even lower, and that's saying something, by wearing that ridiculous shirt in public.  Why do I have the feeling he didn't purchase it for himself?  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

My opinion of Shaun has sunk even lower, and that's saying something, by wearing that ridiculous shirt in public.  Why do I have the feeling he didn't purchase it for himself?  

Oh there’s a 100% chance she bought that shirt and made him wear it to the hospital.  And because he’s one of her key enablers, he said ‘yes dear’.

What he doesn’t know is that his oldest sons and eventually his older daughters will resent him for enabling her. There’s a reason I am NC with my sperm donor, Shaun, ask me how that happened...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

My niece is about to turn 8 and she begged her mom (my sister) for ages about getting a puppy. She really wanted a baby sibling, but my sister is single and that wasn't in the cards. Eventually my sister got the puppy earlier this year. And then my niece started getting jealous of the puppy. The puppy needed a lot of attention from mom. The puppy took away from their time together and dictated their schedule. The puppy... ended up finding a wonderful home with another family that already had dogs and more adult hands to help.

Fundie moms are always going on about their kids fawning over the baby or asking for another baby sibling. Yeah, that's because kids can only think about one step forward in the process. That's why adults with critical thinking should be considering how another baby would actually affect the family long term. Children have whims and like thinking about the baby wearing a certain outfit or whatever. That should not be mistaken for understanding the full range of responsibility and signing up to help raise a new baby.

• Upvote 15

Yeah...along with two new babies they also still have six puppies in their house.  NO THANK YOU.  

Even though the two puppies we have had in the last 17 years were extremely low maintenance as puppies go, NEVER AGAIN. Depending on how long she lives, I will be well into my 60's when our current dog hits the rainbow bridge.  My plan at that point is to adopt senior dogs who need a good home to live out their days in comfort.  The rescue where we adopted our dog regularly has dogs that need homes because their owners passed away and it just breaks my heart, I want to spoil them for the rest of their days. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 11

Titus and Tobias....not what I expected. Baby stats are up on her Instagram. Tobias will be called Toby.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

I really hate how matchy they are. They start and end with the same letters. And both biblical. She already treats her older twins like a unit. So I shouldn’t be surprised. Ughhhh.

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Yeah...along with two new babies they also still have six puppies in their house.  NO THANK YOU. 

Don’t worry. Braggie will have nothing to do with those puppies. She will only take Instagram pics and then forget they exist until the next photo shoot. All her older children will be taking care of the dogs. And Braggie’s mother will be doing everything else. Shaun will provide the money and Braggie will sit in her ass barking orders. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She already treats her older twins like a unit.

At least the girls' names don't match. She's reallllly pushing the "look at my IDENTICAL twins! It's my second set!" super hard. I'm surprised their onesies are different fabric patterns.

• Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Titus and Tobias....not what I expected. Baby stats are up on her Instagram. Tobias will be called Toby.

Will they follow the same sort of nickname pattern for little Titus?

Where's the prayer closet...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I actually wondered the same thing!!!! Oh gosh! :)

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Where's the prayer closet...

Hold the door, I’m right behind ya! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

Titus Andronicus?

I wonder if she has some sort of unconscious kinship with Tamora...

(Make room for me in that prayer closet! But I come bearing many bottles of various bubblies to make it more comfortable)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-09-25-11-49-02.png.54b1c410fe90093e20a36bb666f03ca8.png

This is just gross. They don't even look like babies. They look like carefully curated playthings. Abbie at least had the sense to wait awhile before she shared photos of Shiloh. Who's Shiloh you ask? Oh, just the other old, single baby that got tossed aside for the new shiny, great for the gram #twinbies.

Edited by SuperNova
Forgot a word
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 7

Both of these names were on Nameberry name generator when I put in the names of the other kids. I didn't think Tobias really fit with the rest. I think I put Asher as one of my first name guesses. She had mentioned previously that she didn't like matchy twin names but had ended up picking two names that started with the same letter. 

That many buttons on a newborn (or child of any age tbh) is just absurd. No one wants to button things on a baby.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

So how longwinded will the birth story be? It has to be shorter since she didn’t have a week long labor at 42 weeks. But you know what? This is Braggie. And she could write a novel on her newest rug. So I guess this will be “The Grapes of Wrath” of birth stories.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

That many buttons on a newborn (or child of any age tbh) is just absurd. No one wants to button things on a baby

Imagine changing 2 diapers at a time, with all that buttons!

28 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

They don't even look like babies. They look like carefully curated playthings

I think they are cute, but I agree they look like reborn dolls because the photo filter? The outfits? Maybe it's because the picture is busy with the colorful items... I got the same sensation that I have with Braggie house. And now I'm thinking that she dressed the boys just to fit in the house decor.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So how longwinded will the birth story be? It has to be shorter since she didn’t have a week long labor at 42 weeks. But you know what? This is Braggie. And she could write a novel on her newest rug. So I guess this will be “The Grapes of Wrath” of birth stories.

This one is in a hospital so I'm sure she'll have a few paragraphs about how she was judged by the heathen doctors.

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Imagine changing 2 diapers at a time, with all that buttons!

When I had my second and had a toddler as well, I put him in the easiest clothing possible. That poor child wore footie sleepers with zippers his first year of life. They were just so easy to deal with when I didn’t want to bother with a onesie that snaps at the crotch, pants, and socks all the time. Actually his first month of life when he literally pooped 12 times a day (I swear I’m not exaggerating) I just put him in a long gown with elastic at the bottom. It was much easier to change his diaper that way. 

• Upvote 8

Eh. I'm OK with dressing babies in something cute for photos, and I wouldn't expect anything else from her. They are awfully cute!

I do think she'd have been better off with reborn dolls. As soon as these boys are either replaced with a shiny new baby or get to an awkward stage she'll be done with them.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Those twins will never wear those onesies again -- they're oh-what-cute-outfits props for the Insta.

Tits and Toby huh.  

Move over ya'll in the prayer closet, I've got a cheese platter and crudities to go with the wine.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic