IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Why can't one parent stay at their lodgings with all kids who can't participate or need to sleep? Or better yet, stay the eff home. Pandemic aside, this is just bad parenting.

I don't see this, so I guess it was a story and not a post. So they actually had him there, off to the side and watching his sibs skate? 

18 minutes ago, katilac said:

I don't see this, so I guess it was a story and not a post. So they actually had him there, off to the side and watching his sibs skate? 

It's in a story, yes. I don't know exactly where he was in relation to the others, but definitely not participating with them.

• Sad 4

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My MIL was in LLL back in the 70s too. She was a hippie with a fucking loom in their living room. My husband hated the itchy ponchos she made with her loom. She also liked to breastfeed her youngest while driving. My husband has a lot of crazy childhood stories. I’m sure you knew a few like my MIL in your group, lol. 

I feel so attacked right now. I usually keep my looms in the sewing room until they're in use but still!! And I'll have you know my ponchos are not itchy! 

Seriously though, I've been called a hippie more times than I can count but I have my limits. Breastfeeding and driving sounds cuckoo. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I Think the working part is why my co-worker friend with the 2 sets of twins now believes bottles would have made everyone happier. I remember times when her babysitter would call because the babies wouldn’t drink from the bottles, and were screaming in the background. 

Being in Canada definitely made breastfeeding easier. We have federally mandated maternity leave so I didn't need to return to work while the babies were young. I was still trying to master breastfeeding twins at 6 weeks. It took me until 8 weeks to actually feel confident that this was something we could do.

Edited by Skyline
Typing on my phone while bfing ?‍♀️
  • Upvote 10

Abbie wears Patagonia! Those clothes are for liberals. They're working really hard against climate change. Does Abbie know this? I doubt she cares about climate change. She doesn't seem to believe in science. 

One of my friends on facebook made an apologetic post about giving up breast-feeding when her child 7 months old. All I could think was that's long enough, who cares? it's nobody's business but yours. Tell everyone else to f**K off.

As for Abbie, I could order one ton of sand, have it placed in my living room and move it to the kitchen using a teaspoon. It would be hard.  #hardisnothesameasgood

• Upvote 15

24 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I feel so attacked right now. I usually keep my looms in the sewing room until they're in use but still!! And I'll have you know my ponchos are not itchy! 

Seriously though, I've been called a hippie more times than I can count but I have my limits. Breastfeeding and driving sounds cuckoo. 

I bet the stuff you make is comfy and beautiful! It’s funny because she sent one of those ponchos for our kids a few years ago and I agreed with my husband. It was itchy!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet the stuff you make is comfy and beautiful! It’s funny because she sent one of those ponchos for our kids a few years ago and I agreed with my husband. It was itchy!

The curse of the itchy poncho lives on! 

My stuff is hit and miss. Sometimes my daughter loves it, sometimes I never see it again.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh my GOD, Abbie, stop doing this stuff with your TEN KIDS, holy hell, give them a break.

25d6f09afc4d5029d4e7d83b99030a4d.jpg

I really hate that she puts her children in situations that will make them melt down or tantrum. Because then she will probably shame and punish them for acting completely appropriately for the situation. Does she punish her newborns when they cry their heads off because they are hungry? Then why punish a toddler for throwing a tantrum for being tired? But you know she will. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5

Abbie, dear, you’ve had TEN CHILDREN. Surely you know by now that newborns cry a lot? Surely you’ve heard of terms like cluster feeding??  
I could maybe understand that kind of comment if someone had had their first child and they were generally a happy-go-lucky/jokey sort of person anyway. But Abbie is constantly criticising her kids, constantly moaning about them, so the comment seems off to me. 
I wouldn’t take young kids to a show at 8:30pm either. That’s just stupid.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I wouldn’t take young kids to a show at 8:30pm either. That’s just stupid.

Not to mention extremely inconsiderate towards others in the audience. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 13

So, I found a pro-tip: I buy every mother-to-be the book, "Breastfeeding in Combat Boots". Ostensibly, it's about advising military women through breastfeeding alongside all the military-mission stuff. The reason I love this book is because there is no judgement against anyone. If the DoD tells a new mother to leave for 2 months, then the book will tell you how to pump and ship milk home, how to introduce a bottle and reintroduce a breast, how to not-guilt yourself if kiddo takes formula during the period... Basically, it's a whole book about supporting parents making the best decisions they can! 

It's been really neat reading even MORE stories from all of you making parenthood work, and supporting your kids--and supporting yourselves, too! 

And also...why in the world are 10 children going to the latest show possible? Oh my goodness, she really does look at all the decisions, ignores the multiple good decisions, and automatically goes for the worst one!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 9

I’m beginning to think AH (and Shaun too) is a bit dinged in terms of her decision making skills. No parents in their right minds would take 10 children, 5 of them under age 6, 3 of them under 3, to an 8:30 Show when there are other options.  I know she’s an attention seeker like no other, but still these kinds of decisions are asinine.

In fact, she should have stayed home with the 5 littlest ones.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

She’s not only doing something that’s a terrible idea, she’s bragging about doing it, with the smartass (upside down smilie) emoji. She’s the worst.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

She filmed the stroller and singled out Theo the forgotten child. 

?

If you are just now noticing that your child has your smile, when he is FIVE, you just might have spent more time looking in the mirror than at him. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She filmed the stroller and singled out Theo the forgotten child. 

?

If you are just now noticing that your child has your smile, when he is FIVE, you just might have spent more time looking in the mirror than at him. 

Ugh, thank you. I was just coming here to post the pic. Leave it to Abbie to mention the one thing about him that reminds her of herself.  It took a minute for it to even register that it was one of Abbie's kids. I didn't recognize him but then again I'm not his mother.

Of course poor Theo will remember the day his mom rode the chair lift with him. Its probably the only one on one time he's had with her in months.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-01-18-45-13.png.0f5eb0851282c9c00c517db8a4ad250a.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-18-45-25.png.81a925419e28755fab6ea49744188dcb.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-18-45-30.png.c3dc974910e390a1c0be8538e4c56796.png

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

On 10/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, Giraffe said:

The bedroom through a bedroom is such a weird style to me. Was it common at one point? I’ve known aa couple houses where that was the style and I thought it was strange even as a kid. 

I've only seen a couple: a very old duplex in mining country a friend lived in (her & her sister's bedroom through their parents') and my parents' house, a farmhouse built in stages over 150 years. In the latter it's a tiny little room in the oldest part of the house off another tiny little room and the rest of the house sort of grew around it, so it's only accessible through one of the three bedrooms it connects to.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:04 AM, ophelia said:

Wow. And my boyfriend and I just had an argument about him planning on having over two (!!) friends to finally make music together again. I was against it since we have another "light" lockdown coming in November, yet I know how much he actually needs this (he is struggling with depression) and I feel pretty bad about telling him that I don't want that.... and there comes Braggie acting like nothing is going on. I just can't.

Much sympathy. I have so many friends I want to see and am so used to spending time just hanging out with my family and my husband's, and being responsible is necessary but killing me.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:54 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I loved breastfeeding but I'm sure I would hate to do it for the 9th time, specially with twins. 

There's lots to be said for breastfeeding. There's also lots to be said for bottles! I breastfed both my boys till their first birthday and would do it again if we had another, but it does wear, especially when they're clusterfeeding/going through a growth spurt/sick and nursing for comfort.

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

*Sidles in front of loom and hides yarn-being-crocheted-into-a-poncho behind back.*

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

So, I found a pro-tip: I buy every mother-to-be the book, "Breastfeeding in Combat Boots". Ostensibly, it's about advising military women through breastfeeding alongside all the military-mission stuff. The reason I love this book is because there is no judgement against anyone. If the DoD tells a new mother to leave for 2 months, then the book will tell you how to pump and ship milk home, how to introduce a bottle and reintroduce a breast, how to not-guilt yourself if kiddo takes formula during the period... Basically, it's a whole book about supporting parents making the best decisions they can! 

It's been really neat reading even MORE stories from all of you making parenthood work, and supporting your kids--and supporting yourselves, too! 

And also...why in the world are 10 children going to the latest show possible? Oh my goodness, she really does look at all the decisions, ignores the multiple good decisions, and automatically goes for the worst one!

Does the book support women who don't want to breastfeed/pump milk? 

I would not be happy if someone bought me a book like that. Especially if the person wasn't one of my closest friends and family members. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 10/31/2020 at 9:02 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hated breastfeeding my younger son until he was 2.5. But he was obsessed and wouldn’t take a bottle. Ever. If I ever had another kid, I would introduce bottles from the start. No way would I trap myself into being the only one that can feed my kid. 

Ugh, I am dealing with this right now. Tried to introduce a bottle at 3 weeks, but my baby just cannot figure out how to get milk out. ? Still trying at 11 weeks, but it is not looking good. Tbh, it stresses me the fuck out that I can’t go anywhere for more than maybe two hours because there’s no other way to feed her except my boobs. For now it’s fine since I don’t really have anywhere to go due to COVID, but I still worry in case something happens. And I go back to the office in January so that should be fun...

• Love 12

10 hours ago, bea said:

Oh my GOD, Abbie, stop doing this stuff with your TEN KIDS, holy hell, give them a break.

25d6f09afc4d5029d4e7d83b99030a4d.jpg

Her whole smug "yes we are actually taking ten children..." irritates the hell out of me. What do you want, a cookie? I wish one of the so-called adults would step up and say "YOU take the older five to Dolly, I'll put the little ones to bed." Shaun, pull your head out of wherever you've stashed it and try being a parent for once. You don't have to indulge Abbie's wish to annoy the crap out of people at the 8.30pm show. Feed the twins formula, the older three pizza, and read them all stories. And if you're finding it a tough gig, congratulations - now rethink whether you want to keep doing this.

I can't get over taking newborn unvaccinated twins bloody anywhere during this pandemic, let alone the entire family. I'm starting to think Shiloh's not the only one acting out for negative attention - at least he doesn't have Insta (yet).

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7

The way she speaks about her kids, especially Shiloh at the moment, is so so derogatory that it makes me furious, sick and sad at the same time. I feel so sorry for the them. Shiloh seems to be a sweet little boy who was, understandably some issues to adjust to TWO new siblings, but she portraits him as a bad kid. It is absolutely normal behaviour. He needs time and love and cuddles and ignoring or belittling him will only make it worse.

Please Braggia (and Shaun) STOP HAVING KIDS!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

What kind of insanity is that, to take photos of her toddler while he is throwing a tantrum (and while she has nine other children to care for) ? How these people can pretend to defend "traditional family values" by being constantly glued to their phones and connected to instagram is beyond me. Put the phone down - actually, throw it in the trash, possessing one is just a waste of time for you - and comfort your son, for God's sake !

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 15

She can't function without the constant likes and head pats and tags from her humpers.  It's literally her lifeblood (that and shopping).  

Posting that picture of poor Shiloh makes her look exactly like what she is...a cold, heartless, narcissistic bitch. 

ETA: there are two photos in my mom's family photo albums that she took of me when I was little (under age 5) where I was very upset and/or about to cry.  I remember the circumstances around both vividly.  My mom and dad think they're funny.  I hate them.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic