IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She wants the gram perfect house.

So do I. But I live with people, never going to happen. My house looked really good in the real estate photos, mostly because the family who were selling it moved out for the sale process!! If we ever sell we will have to do the same...

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She has twins this year so she might not like it as much as last year. Why keep having kids you obviously don’t want? 

I am never going to understand her mentality. A century or more ago she'd have been a nun martyring for Jesus - and possibly happier.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I am never going to understand her mentality. A century or more ago she'd have been a nun martyring for Jesus - and possibly happier.

This is not a serious criticism, more of a quibble. 

Nuns are still around. They don't exactly "martyr for Jesus".  I know what you mean. Depending on the order, they live in comfort to varying degrees.

Mother Teresa was a nun who had very strict, denying lifestyle, that would appeal to Abbie.  She and Abbie would like each other. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
left out words

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This is not a serious criticism, more of a quibble. 

Nuns are still around. They don't exactly "martyr for Jesus".  I know what you mean. Depending on the order, they live to varying degrees.

Mother Teresa was a nun who had very strict, denying lifestyle, that would appeal to Abbie.  She and Abbie would like each other. 

There are periods in history (when maternal death rate was pretty high) where I’m pretty sure I would have become a nun instead of getting married and pumping out kid after kid that may or may not die because we knew very little about treating diseases and infections.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

45 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Nuns are still around. They don't exactly "martyr for Jesus". 

I wasn't thinking of the mainstream nuns, who have a calling and live their lives according to it in mostly relative obscurity, or even of the women who ended up in nunneries because their families stashed them there. Much more the very ostentatious (and extremely small subset) who Had A Calling And Lived It Humbly So We Could See And Admire (And Know That We Are Less Worthy). So... basically what she's doing now except with fewer children.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Video of them at an amusement park.  Riding the carousel, around other people - no one wearing a mask.  Kids on rides and a rope course touching who knows how many things other possibly sick people have touched.  

They. are. insane.

ETA: Editing myself again because they are not at Dollywood, they're at The Island in Pigeon Forge.  Which is free.  Which made me laugh out loud, because OF COURSE Braggie would go as cheap as possible when it comes to family entertainment. (you do have to pay to get on the rides, of which she probably let them pick one)

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 2

Wow. And my boyfriend and I just had an argument about him planning on having over two (!!) friends to finally make music together again. I was against it since we have another "light" lockdown coming in November, yet I know how much he actually needs this (he is struggling with depression) and I feel pretty bad about telling him that I don't want that.... and there comes Braggie acting like nothing is going on. I just can't.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

3 minutes ago, ophelia said:

.... and there comes Braggie acting like nothing is going on. I just can't.

I know, it's infuriating.  My son and DIL both work with exposure to the public (a LOT of public...a grocery store and Starbucks) and we've only seen them twice since March, and those visits were wearing masks, staying 6 feet apart and no hugging.  While Braggie is on her multiple vacations and daily trips to restaurants to eat out (and her kids in a co-op where I highly doubt they're all wearing masks).  It's a miracle they haven't caught it yet.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I know, it's infuriating.  My son and DIL both work with exposure to the public (a LOT of public...a grocery store and Starbucks) and we've only seen them twice since March, and those visits were wearing masks, staying 6 feet apart and no hugging.  While Braggie is on her multiple vacations and daily trips to restaurants to eat out (and her kids in a co-op where I highly doubt they're all wearing masks).  It's a miracle they haven't caught it yet.

Don’t be too sure they haven’t caught it. Remember when Braggie thought she had Strep but wasn’t going to get any sort of testing? I wouldn’t be surprised if she had it back then. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I did see the video of the herd going for ice cream. Shaun and the older boys each carried either a twin in an infant seat or a toddler. The rest of the kids minus Honor?  are in one big cluster walking together. The remaining straggler, all by his lonesome, crosses a parking lot egress without looking. I’m assuming Abbie was behind him filming. So weird to be filming vs holding a small child’s hand in a parking lot. Shaun’s head never looked about to make sure his kids were all together and safe. I hate people who take Their children’s  safety for granted. Even worse when those people feel the need to procreate like rabbits.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

She is bitching about Shiloh in every single post she makes.  He's going to read that shit someday.  

His world is turned upside down, give him a LITTLE extra attention you selfish twit...but don't break a sweat or anything.

Thank goodness he has Ezra, I hope he's getting more cuddles than usual from him.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 7

35 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She is bitching about Shiloh in every single post she makes.  He's going to read that shit someday.  

His world is turned upside down, give him a LITTLE extra attention you selfish twit...but don't break a sweat or anything.

Thank goodness he has Ezra, I hope he's getting more cuddles than usual from him.

They were also at that ice-cream place at 9:30pm. That's at least two hours past my 5yo's ability to keep it together. Poor Shiloh looks ready to drop. Can we start a GoFundMe for the therapy that boy's going to need? 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

They were also at that ice-cream place at 9:30pm. That's at least two hours past my 5yo's ability to keep it together. Poor Shiloh looks ready to drop. Can we start a GoFundMe for the therapy that boy's going to need? 

I’m so strict about bedtimes because there comes a certain point in the day where it’s impossible for my 5 year old to act in any kind of civilized manner due to his tiredness. This is common amounts youngsters and Braggie knows this. But she still expects her toddler to not act like a toddler. Because she’s a narcissist. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so strict about bedtimes because there comes a certain point in the day where it’s impossible for my 5 year old to act in any kind of civilized manner due to his tiredness. This is common amounts youngsters and Braggie knows this. But she still expects her toddler to not act like a toddler. Because she’s a narcissist. 

See but it’s even worse, because it’s the people with this sort of narcissism that have the greatest numbers of kids. The rest of us, who put the kids’ developmental needs before our own greedy wants, know what parenting one child takes out of an individual and family. I keep saying this and maybe, one day, a fundie leaning family will hear it. Having more of something is not an indication that you love, cherish, respect each thing or PERSON MORE. In fact, I would argue that it means each thing /PERSON is LESS important and receives less of your time, attention, respect... Poor Shiloh, he’s going to be riding the naughty bus with Honor.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

See but it’s even worse, because it’s the people with this sort of narcissism that have the greatest numbers of kids. The rest of us, who put the kids’ developmental needs before our own greedy wants, know what parenting one child takes out of an individual and family. I keep saying this and maybe, one day, a fundie leaning family will hear it. Having more of something is not an indication that you love, cherish, respect each thing or PERSON MORE. In fact, I would argue that it means each thing /PERSON is LESS important and receives less of your time, attention, respect... Poor Shiloh, he’s going to be riding the naughty bus with Honor.

I agree. Each family has a different capacity for how many children they can take care of based on many different things like money, family support, social support, work hours, etc. for some people it’s Zero. For others it’s 2/3/4/5 and so on. Based on our lives, the number for our family is 2. We couldn’t handle any more than that based on a number of reasons. But if another family is able to care for 5 kids, then I say good for them. But there’s no way anyone could adequately care for the needs of 19 kids no matter how hard they try. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

In her stories, Abbie is taking video from her van through a cracked windshield that happened last fall. In a whole year, they couldn’t be bothered to get it replaced? And the gallivanting around the country as cases are increasing like crazy. Somehow it seems like Abbie and Shaun will never face any consequences.

Edited by JDuggs
Typo
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

In her stories, Abbie is taking video from her van through a cracked windshield that happened last fall. In a whole year, they couldn’t be bothered to get it replaced? And the gallivanting around the country as cases are increasing like crazy. Somehow it seems like Abbie and Shaun will never face any consequences.

I admit that I don’t always fix stuff like that right away. There is a crack in the window of our toy room that needs fixed and it’s like last on my long list of things to do. But I also don’t obsess over my house, rugs, wallpaper and how everything has to look perfect on Instagram. It’s just such a strange way to think and live. She won’t wash her hair for ten days because it still looks ok. She won’t get the claw foot tub plumbed because it still looks good in instagram pictures without plumbing. She won’t get the windshield fixed because she never takes Instagram pics where the crack will show. I can’t imagine living my life so completely superficial. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I did see the video of the herd going for ice cream. Shaun and the older boys each carried either a twin in an infant seat or a toddler. The rest of the kids minus Honor?  are in one big cluster walking together. The remaining straggler, all by his lonesome, crosses a parking lot egress without looking. I’m assuming Abbie was behind him filming. So weird to be filming vs holding a small child’s hand in a parking lot. Shaun’s head never looked about to make sure his kids were all together and safe. I hate people who take Their children’s  safety for granted. Even worse when those people feel the need to procreate like rabbits.

She mentioned in one of her stores she doesn’t like strollers. And here, on vacation at a amusement park, she refuses to use a double stroller because she doesn’t believe in strollers?? How ridiculous! I personally hate lugging around a car seat, especially while out and about. The baby bounces and swings around, too and doesn’t rest peacefully and safely in a stroller. But, of course Abbie isn’t carrying a car seat. Her boys look like dads, honestly, with how they maneuver with the car seats, too.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

I’m honestly surprised she hasn’t found a high end stroller second hand that she can brag about getting for a steal. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Zommom said:

She mentioned in one of her stores she doesn’t like strollers. And here, on vacation at a amusement park, she refuses to use a double stroller because she doesn’t believe in strollers?? How ridiculous! I personally hate lugging around a car seat, especially while out and about. The baby bounces and swings around, too and doesn’t rest peacefully and safely in a stroller. But, of course Abbie isn’t carrying a car seat. Her boys look like dads, honestly, with how they maneuver with the car seats, too.

Back in ‘78, when I had my baby, there was a big trend in favor of baby carriers instead of strollers. When she was tiny, I used a soft front-carrying carrier with a head guard. When she hit older, I used a backpack-type one with an aluminum frame. When her legs got long enough, she braced her feet against the frame and stood up straight, scaring the crap out of me (even though she was buckled in firmly. That was it: I segued over to a stroller immediately.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Somehow it seems like Abbie and Shaun will never face any consequences.

That's what's frustrating about most Fundies or at least the ones followed on FJ. They never seem to face the consequences for anything they do. Jill R is still traveling around and grifting. JB and Michelle never faced any consequences for their bad handling of molestation of their daughters by their son sure briefly they weren't on CO but that didn't last long or Bates covering for Gothard. Or what Fundies do to their kids from isolating, controlling, brainwashing, crappy education or the ones forcing their daughters to do all the work. Or not working to support their families. They never seem to pay for any of their actions. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love strollers and put my younger son in one until he broke it because he was too big! 

I used an umbrella stroller with my son, who was a runner, until he was 7, and someone took it at an amusement park. The cheap strap where the kid puts his/er feet was even broken off. Maybe someone took the wrong one, because no one would seriously steal that POS.

If I was the parent in that family, I’d have 2 double strollers. One to accommodate the little guys and a double umbrella for Shiloh and Honor/ Theo. Any activity that involves taking lots of kids, and also requires walking, all the littles get strapped in. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I used an umbrella stroller with my son, who was a runner, until he was 7, and some stole it at an amusement park. The cheap strap where the kid puts his/er feet was even broken off. Maybe someone took the wrong one, because no one would seriously steal that POS.

If I was the parent in that family, I’d have 2 double strollers. One to accommodate the little guys and a double umbrella for Shiloh and Honor/ Theo. Any activity that involves taking lots of kids, and also requires walking, all the littles get strapped in. 

Amusement parks have ones you can rent! And Braggie didn’t even bother renting one that she would make Shaun push anyway. It’s all about what Braggie wants.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Amusement parks have ones you can rent! And Braggie didn’t even bother renting one that she would make Shaun push anyway. It’s all about what Braggie wants.

So they are walking around an amusement park holding twin newborns and a expecting a young toddler to walk? Plus a 3 And 5 YO... they are INSANE! 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 12

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Bedtime for Baby Nova was strictly enforced for her sake and my sanity. I think children do best on a consistent schedule and sleep is a big part of that. 

Here's the latest post if anyone hasn't seen it. As others have mentioned, she's still bagging on Shiloh. By her own admission, Abbie takes everything personally and I'm going to guess that that's how she sees Shiloh's behavior. He still has a pacifier in his mouth but she expects total obedience. Poor little dude.  Abbie also makes sure to brag about a random woman telling her how great she is. Abbie uses the compliment as a backhand to complain about losing sleep the night before and an extra dig at Shi. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-10-30-12-24-12.png.e80073b55e1beb8aa601029c29ab7846.pngScreenshot_2020-10-30-12-24-17.png.44d38bcfe0226ed6f6efd9a03f06bae1.png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic