IGNORED

M Is For Mama 8: She Really Is Awful

nelliebelle1197

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Her mother is teaching her co-op classes and homeschooling the kids otherwise. Abbie is like a pig in feces. She is horrid.  STOP having more kids for others to raise and educate, since you refuse to use public or private schools and birth control. 

Even if she did send her kids to public school, use a nanny, and hire a house cleaner, I would still tell her to stop having kids. Because she obviously hates it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

Personally, I've found that the best way to not feel pregnant is to not get pregnant at all. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-09-18-12-20-40.png.57dd8b9ffb1e6cee15808beca2f7ecdf.png

Ugh.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-09-18-12-21-16.png.c061f64e07731fc878729ab844cfd0eb.png

Do not, I repeat, do not take life advice from Abbie. Her opening quote here is just flat out stupid. Done things come back to bite people in the ass just as often if not more than undone things. Abbie has done things that have been far more detrimental to her kid's emotional health than undone things. Remember when she verbally berated the children to Shaun but the children overheard? No way to undo that. 

Here's one more for the road:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-26-03.png.29a12958759feec6185af11a57c5b861.png

Abbie sounds like such a condescending snot. I can't even imagine how awful her book is going to be. Is it too much to ask that she experiences enough emotional growth to someday look back at her posts and see what an absolute twat she's been?

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

You might think after the number of pregnancies she's had she'd know the "big ol' belly" doesn't exactly vanish immediately. She really comes across as having body issues there - the "excitement" at not having to navigate life around pregnancy seems a lot more convincing than the joy of meeting a new life. Or two.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

I try to figure out why she keeps getting pregnant. I believe it's for attention. In earlier pictures when she had less kids, she wore very short shorts and seemed even more vain.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even if she did send her kids to public school, use a nanny, and hire a house cleaner, I would still tell her to stop having kids. Because she obviously hates it. 

The children are paying the price.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Personally, I've found that the best way to not feel pregnant is to not get pregnant at all. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-09-18-12-20-40.png.57dd8b9ffb1e6cee15808beca2f7ecdf.png

Ugh.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-09-18-12-21-16.png.c061f64e07731fc878729ab844cfd0eb.png

Do not, I repeat, do not take life advice from Abbie. Her opening quote here is just flat out stupid. Done things come back to bite people in the ass just as often if not more than undone things. Abbie has done things that have been far more detrimental to her kid's emotional health than undone things. Remember when she verbally berated the children to Shaun but the children overheard? No way to undo that. 

Here's one more for the road:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-09-18-13-26-03.png.29a12958759feec6185af11a57c5b861.png

Abbie sounds like such a condescending snot. I can't even imagine how awful her book is going to be. Is it too much to ask that she experiences enough emotional growth to someday look back at her posts and see what an absolute twat she's been?

I don’t think her book will be a best seller. It will sell some books. But not a ton. The market is over saturated with her type of book. So is Instagram. Why buy a book when you can get all the same info off of instagram for free? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think her book will be a best seller. It will sell some books. But not a ton. The market is over saturated with her type of book. So is Instagram. Why buy a book when you can get all the same info off of instagram for free? 

I agree - YOU'RE JUST NOT THAT SPECIAL, ABBIE!

• Upvote 8

I think we should try and use the whole alphabet in the titles of Braggie threads. 

M is for Mama: A is for Asinine

M is for Mama: B is for Braggie

M is for Mama: C is for Child labor

M is for Mama: D is for Disturbing

and so on....

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5

I'm not honestly sure she understands what most people mean by "mom guilt". I went looking for a better definition than I could give, and "that pervasive feeling of not doing enough as a parent, not doing things right, or making decisions that may "mess up" your kids in the long run" fits how most of my friends use it best. (There's also the not keeping all the plates in the air guilt, which for Abbie's benefit is not literal plates but trying to manage cleaning, working, cooking, exercising, and parenting with a limited number of hours in the day, some of which should definitely be spent sleeping.)

I'm not sure that asking if you ARE  guilty of the thing you FEEL guilty about is the most helpful response. Are you guilty of not living up to unreasonable social expectations? (Why yes, yes I am.)  This doesn't help the person see that the expectations are unreasonable, or let them look at why they are feeling like this.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

I looked at the pics before scrolling down to read and could not figure out what in the hell this thing was. An ugly laundry basket? A sex swing? What? It's a hideously ugly hanging cradle. Nothing says newborn comfort like canvas and rope. This thing looks horribly inconvenient as well.

Screenshot_2020-09-19-11-46-28.thumb.png.a92eb57a2b40e5d63ed5ef2d051e142c.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 17

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I looked at the pics before scrolling down to read and could not figure out what in the hell this thing was. An ugly laundry basket? A sex swing? What? It's a hideously ugly hanging cradle. Nothing says newborn comfort like canvas and rope. This thing looks horribly inconvenient as well.

And it looks like it bumps the edge of their bed and hangs at an angle. WTF indeed! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think we should try and use the whole alphabet in the titles of Braggie threads. 

M is for Mama: A is for Asinine

M is for Mama: B is for Braggie

M is for Mama: C is for Child labor

M is for Mama: D is for Disturbing

M is for Mama: E is for Egomaniac

20 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm not honestly sure she understands what most people mean by "mom guilt". 

I'm not sure that asking if you ARE  guilty of the thing you FEEL guilty about is the most helpful response. Are you guilty of not living up to unreasonable social expectations? (Why yes, yes I am.)  This doesn't help the person see that the expectations are unreasonable, or let them look at why they are feeling like this.

I agree. Expecting her to really reflect on herself and her life is unreasonable. These quiverfull fundies look at everything through the prism of God and the Bible, and this pretty well allows them to do whatever they want and think that it's right. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Are hanged cribs a trend? Zsu has one of those over her bed.

I don't like it. I would be worried all the time because it can fall down (probably not, but the floor looks safer in my mind). 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I don't understand the advantage of this contraption and would welcome enlightenment. It hangs yet it has legs. How is it any easier for a nursing mom to get to the baby at night then any-old bedside crib or in-the-bed crib? I could understand if the purpose was to gently sway to soothe the baby but this leans against the bed and is unable to move freely. 

Maybe it just matched the decor. 

Edited by So-Virgin-It-Hurts
a thought
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Does this swing thing look like a double one to anyone else? Why would you want to put both your twins in that thing? It will just make things so much more difficult. What a stupid thing to buy. This woman needs to calm her shopping addiction down. 

Miss I Don’t Use a Stroller. 

But buys this fucking contraption. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

I cannot fathom trying to get one baby in or out of that contraption without waking the other.  Maybe Zsu can assist her...especially leveling the thing.  

Is that legally sold in the USA as a baby bassinet?  There are so many regulations on cribs I do not see how it was licensed by the CPSC.   It looks like a trip to the emergency room in the making.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 8

I assume it was given to her by the company, but I still think it looks awful. The first thing I thought of was that her little boys will be swinging it every chance they get. And secondly, that it will be a huge pain to take apart and wash when one of them has a big blowout. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, kesmom said:

I assume it was given to her by the company, but I still think it looks awful.

I thought the same thing.  If it wasn't given to her, she paid $384 for a hanging canvas box.  It's trendy looking, "organic", expensive, and ripe for IG posts...all of which ring Braggie's Pavlovian bell.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Braggie can’t get a normal fisher price baby swing. They are too ugly and basic. She has to get this ridiculous contraption for the attention. She fishes for attention like a child. It’s pathetic.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

And now there are thick stuffed cushions in the bassinet thing. When my kids were born it was recommended to have a crib mattress only, no pillows or blankets.

*shudder*

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1

Fundies, as a group, have never been known for being overly safety focused. Abbie is all about weird aesthetics and being edgy. 
It cracks me up how fundies worship babies, yet basically mail everything about parenting in, as if they can’t be bothered. Here’s your sign, that real, live children need a whole lot of your time and resources, and is the major reason why most people limit the number they bore. Idiots. You can love Jesus and live a fully Christian life without having an unlimited number of children.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, SuperNova said:

That does not look safe. The fact that it's at an angle scares the crap out of me. If the babies slump or roll down they are at risk of positional asphyxiation. 

This is how you safely room share with twins. Twin bassinet, level, tight sheet, alone, and on their backs. Mine were in it until they were rolling over and then they were moved to their own cribs in my room. 

https://joovy.com/room-twin-nursery-center-bassinet-playpen-accessory/

20200607_013343.jpg

Edited by Skyline
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 12

That the swing contraption is for twins is the worst part. It might be okay for one baby if it's installed correctly. (Installation is key.)

Everytime she take one baby out, the whole will start moving and the swing will be off balance. It reminds me of the Titanic and it's watertight compartments. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

What makes me giggle is that Sean hung it wrong. I bet he got an earful for that mistake! I’m sure she doesn’t want to ruined her aesthetic and have a 2” hole in her beam, if he were to move it back a foot, so it stays put: dangerous and looking stupid.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Zommom said:

What makes me giggle is that Sean hung it wrong. I bet he got an earful for that mistake! I’m sure she doesn’t want to ruined her aesthetic and have a 2” hole in her beam, if he were to move it back a foot, so it stays put: dangerous and looking stupid.

Nah, she won’t care once she’s taken the picture for the gram. Have you seen her chipped kitchen cabinets and cracked concrete countertops; seen the master, claw foot tub that doesn’t have any plumbing connected to it? Down deep Abbie is lazy AF.

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic