IGNORED

COVID-19 Cartoons, Memes, and Shenanigans Part 5

GreyhoundFan

This cartoon made me laugh so hard!  It's good to know I'm not the only one.  I do spend a lot of time browsing and ordering on-line.  Whenever I get nervous, I order groceries, so you can imagine how my pantry looks by now due to the spread of Covid-19 and crap spewed by the Orange One.  For some reason, having a growing collection of wild print leggings has also calmed me.  I've told my family I'll get therapy later.  ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

Particularly apt after last night's Omaha fiasco which landed a number of people in hospital because they were hypothermic.

.coats.jpg.b9905e8433f13f2da85b9fe109d67b15.jpg

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

This cartoon made me laugh so hard!  It's good to know I'm not the only one.  I do spend a lot of time browsing and ordering on-line.  Whenever I get nervous, I order groceries, so you can imagine how my pantry looks by now due to the spread of Covid-19 and crap spewed by the Orange One.  For some reason, having a growing collection of wild print leggings has also calmed me.  I've told my family I'll get therapy later.  ?

I just spent a combined $85 on the Totally Not Spoiled House Panther.

ETA:  I did spring for a Yankees mask for myself, but the rest was all hers.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

While I have been known to use retail therapy, it always involves browsing thrift and antique stores, which is out of the question right now.

I have more of a tendency to put off buying things. Being home has made me finally get around to replacing mostly-broken objects, and getting the things that aren't necessary for survival but that will make my life easier. So my purchases (so far) have mostly made me think "why didn't I do this years ago?!" rather than "why TF did I buy this?!"

Groceries are another matter. There is no one store that has everything my Mom needs. So, pre-Covid, I would go to 2-3 different stores each week. Each was on my way home from a different teaching appointment, so it could be done without a lot of time wasted or environmental impact (speaking of which, I really miss using my cloth bags! I ask for paper, which I can reuse for my trash and paper recycling, but it still seems so wasteful).

Knowing that grocery delivery is not a thrilling job, and that these people are keeping us safe, I try to tip very generously. So, we are keeping our grocery orders down to one a week, but still rotating between three stores. Knowing that it will be three weeks (six or nine weeks if something is out of stock) between my ability to get some items, I may have over-bought a few things.  :my_blush:

I actually gave my mother a list of things that are already in the house, but in my freezer waiting until she needs them, since I have more freezer space. That doesn't bother me - it just seems practical. It's the bag of non-perishable, not-even-healthful stuff I keep moving around my kitchen when it gets in my way that is embarrassing.

But rest assured that, if all of the shoppers quit, I have enough of these:

Spoiler

image.png.adcab8b2df27e409bcd95bc6b702f0a7.png

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

While I have been known to use retail therapy, it always involves browsing thrift and antique stores, which is out of the question right now.

Me too! I've been browsing ShopGoodwill.com a lot. I rarely buy anything there because shipping is ridiculous, but I have occasionally found good enough deals to warrant it. They put all the really good stuff on there, which is why they have so little good stuff in the actual stores. 

• Upvote 4

I've done some shopping online, but a local outdoor antique and flea market opened again in July, and what they did was to widen the aisles to make social distancing easier, and requiring masks. Many of the merchants even sell masks as well, and there are several hand sanitizer stations all over the lot. It's once a month, and in a stadium parking lot. I've felt perfectly safe going there because of the changes, and most people are wearing masks the entire time. Indoor malls are open here again, but I still won't go inside one at this point, and still only go to those stores with an outside entrance.

• Upvote 4

For the record I keep buying local. That's how I justify my spending. Yes I needed the ceramic pumpkin! (I went in for dog food). 

FB_IMG_1603966980787.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

5006e906708ae058695191d70ee84a3e.jpg
Translation:
Left: We are coming to you! We are treated worse abroad!
Right: Density stress...

• Upvote 8

On 10/28/2020 at 10:28 AM, CTRLZero said:

Yeah I had a few hundred dollars in Amazon gift cards after Christmas last year so I spent most of March and April ordering stuff off The Great Satan Amazon.

Also take a what???

takeawhat.png.64e6ba9289d444e596f4f59711a5ef02.png

• Haha 17

• Coconut Flan locked this topic