IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Alisamer,  you were at theTD marketplace last Saturday?  Cool! I’ve not been all year.

Yes! My sister and I have been desperate to travel somewhere... anywhere. Really anywhere. We just had to get out of the house. So we took a day trip down to Greenville and parked in the only public lot I know there (just past Spill the Beans, my doll friends and I have had meetups there before - if anyone is ever in Greenville SC or Asheville NC and sees a group of people with lots of dolls, come over and ask if AmyAngel is there!) and wandered around downtown and Falls Park for a few hours, including the market. We picked Greenville partly because she hadn't been there and I had wanted to see more of it, and partly because it's got enough of a crunchy element that I figured there would be more mask wearing than not - and there was. As opposed to the rural SC gas station we stopped at where I was the only one in sight with a mask on. 

It was an awesome day! It would have been better if more stuff was open (like the art museum), but we enjoyed it a lot. 

14 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

People who write well are usually avid and eclectic readers. Poor Sarah has likely not even read a different translation of the Bible. Those plus her Rod/Staff or ABeka textbooks and a very few "approved" books to pass as "literature" class makes for a stunted vocabulary to go with her stunted life.

So much this. Not only has Sarah missed out on so much history and culture because of her restricted reading, she's missed out on the chance to really develop her vocabulary and writing skills. There's a reason kids in school read so many "classics". (And even then, there's so much more literature to be read out there! Ones written by people of all cultures, even.)

And as I wrote this a box popped up saying @NancyDrewFan1989 had replied, which makes me wonder if Sarah was ever allowed to read the Nancy Drew books. I loved the 60's era ones and read them voraciously as a kid. But, Nancy went on solo dates with Ned, wore pants when they were appropriate, defied authority including her dad when she felt it was the right thing to do, and had a girl cousin named George who was sporty and wore her hair short. And while I believe it was mentioned she went to church, it wasn't a focus of her life or of the books. I bet Sarah was denied even those books!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, 16strong said:

They moved out to a country farmhouse and the only real internet they get, apparently, is at their dog grooming business. I think a combination of having the twins/planning multiple weddings/grandchildren/less internet access have all been factors. Would be interesting to know what they're all up to now, though.

I think they were horrified when they discovered how they ended up with their 15 minutes of fame. It seems to havecome as a shock to many blogging fundies just how large the internet is.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Why do they look SO old? Teri looks like she could be 90.  Are they in their 70s?

I’m pretty sure they’re about my age—late 60s.

They’re following the same restrictive diet (vegan, no processed foods, almost no oils) diet my 55-year-old sister is—she’s using it very successfully to keep her Type 2 diabetes under control, and has lost a significant amount of weight on it. I’m glad that her health has improved, but (in addition to her having decided to let her hair go gray), she does look as if she’s aged a bit. One of her students expressed surprise that I’m older than she is, so I told him, “That’s because I dye my hair and don’t spend all week around sixth graders!”

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

@Alisamer,  whenever you’re back in Greenville the lot at County Square is always free and I think most of the parking garages are free on weekends.  The County Square lot is pretty close to Falls Park, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I know Elissa didn't have a social media account. I am just saying that some people had spotted her in different photos on other social media accounts before marrying into the Maxwell family.

I really believe that there were photos of Elissa online engaging in non-Maxwellian activities before marrying Joseph, like playing sports, etc. I do vaguely remember there being one of her in pants. 

It was never discussed here so you must have found it elsewhere. Perhaps you could find it?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Why do they look SO old? Teri looks like she could be 90.  Are they in their 70s?

I’ve said this before. My mother is younger then Teri. But Teri looks way older. I’m sure being married to Steve and being forced to at hear to what he says & does aged her. 

• Upvote 5

I think an unhealthy mind, lack of medical treatment and spousal support and a general state of chronic unhappiness, drastically ages people.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

I'm late to the conversation on this but I want to chime in and sat I look so much better with my glasses on. I wear cat-eye glasses which function like pseudo mascara (look, Trixie said so on Call the Midwife and I'm sticking with that) but they also mitigate the dark shadows under my eyes. 

If I were Anna's friend, and she asked for my opinion,  I would have suggested that she try on a lighter pair since her's are so heavy that they overwhelm her face. She is striking but it's really easy to disguise that kind of beauty when you don't stick to sleek and simple. 

Again, it's her life and her choices and my opinions and sense of style don't really matter. 

• Upvote 9

On 9/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, ClareDeLune said:

struggling with income that as a godly man he has to provode?

He does not have to earn much with no mortgage, no car payments, no credit card bills and only scamish fake health insurance. He has to pay taxes and utilities on the house, probably life insurance. He gets most of his federal tax back due to the number of children. It is really crazy how little you have to make to live a decent life with no debt.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Steve and Teri look sickly thin. 

Now I have looked and enlarged and pondered and I don’t think they look sickly thin? 
I know they now follow a vegan and mainly oil free diet and that is highly recommended and proven to reduce heart disease along with a fair few cancers and I think it’s a plus ( and a wonder!) that they have done research and not left it all in God’s hands . 
 Maybe they do look older ... unfortunately society places a lot of importance n youthful looks.. for  the worse . They are thinner but both look fairly fit and if not they wouldn’t be doing this drive repair? 
Yes they  hold some despicable beliefs ... but I don’t see this as snark worthy ? 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I think they were horrified when they discovered how they ended up with their 15 minutes of fame. It seems to havecome as a shock to many blogging fundies just how large the internet is.

Who is this about?

• Upvote 2

For you guys, I looked at the tits2 blog and zoomed way in on Terifying Stevus.

They don't look sickly.  I actually envy their relatively smooth jawlines.

My personal opinion about those two and not about anybody else reading this: Were Terifying to have her hair cut to a little longer than chin-length, she wouldn't even have to color it to look a lot less tired.  She has a nice enough smile and her eyes are pretty.  If the eye wasn't drawn down her long face and long chin to even longer hair, someone viewing her would get less a feeling of "wow, that lady's in need of a nap."  It's like a talented stylist said long, long ago: With long hair, you see the hair.  With a good haircut, you see the face.  

But I am all about freedom of choice and she can grow it to her waist if that's her desire.

Stevovah I have no recommendations for.

Oh, and I think he turned 69 this year and that she will, next year.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Bettyhere said:

Yes they  hold some despicable beliefs ... but I don’t see this as snark worthy ? 

Is it free-for-all Friday? Why is everyone popping out of the woodwork lately demanding that something fit their personal definition of snarkworthy?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh, and I think he turned 69 this year and that she will, next year.

According to fundiewiki, Teri is 65 this year and will be 66.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

According to fundiewiki, Teri is 65 this year and will be 66.

That is not always accurate. @Bethella how old are Steve and Teri? That seems a bit young for them.

Actually I think he was in fact born in 1951 and Teri ‘52 so @MamaJunebug is correct.

• Upvote 2

Personally I think they look good for their ages. My parents are in their early 70’s and look good for their ages and I’d say Steve and Teri do, too.

• Upvote 5

I know I'm late to the Jesse and Anna wedding discussion (been trying desperately to catch up in Rodland). Anyway, just wanted to pop in here to say I've seen parkas more form-fitting than that wedding dress. That is all.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Personally I think they look good for their ages. My parents are in their early 70’s and look good for their ages and I’d say Steve and Teri do, too.

My parents are more or less their ages. My parents look far older than they are, because their health is not good and also because they haven't made any effort about their looks for decades (don't get me wrong, they look fairly normal, but not groomed). I think Teri and Steve look reasonably good. If my parents were able to keep a extremely strict diet to improve their health, I would be very pleased. Unfortunately they don't. 

I have a 80 year old uncle who looks like 60 (inside and outside). We joke that soon he will look younger than his son. Some people win the genetic contest!

• Upvote 14

14 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

My personal opinion about those two and not about anybody else reading this: Were Terifying to have her hair cut to a little longer than chin-length, she wouldn't even have to color it to look a lot less tired.  She has a nice enough smile and her eyes are pretty.  If the eye wasn't drawn down her long face and long chin to even longer hair, someone viewing her would get less a feeling of "wow, that lady's in need of a nap."  It's like a talented stylist said long, long ago: With long hair, you see the hair.  With a good haircut, you see the face.  

Yes to this. Teri's hair is accentuating her long face.  Shortening her hair would do so much!!  My stylist is very much against long hair on ladies of a certain age, She thinks it "pulls down the face."

I know that doesn't apply to everyone, but I think it certainly applies in Teri's case.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I know genetics play a large part too. My parents are > 15 years older than Steve and Teri and look roughly the same. Neither of my parents has every hiked a 14er and both have consumed plenty of libations over the years, but they have always eaten well and are healthy. I think S and T could be considered gaunt.

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think an unhealthy mind, lack of medical treatment and spousal support and a general state of chronic unhappiness, drastically ages people.

I couldn't agree more.

My maternal grandmother was a tiny lady with white hair from her early 60's on, but people routinely thought she was at least 10 years younger than she was, because she was vivacious, active,  joyous and loved life.  I remember riding with her in her zippy little red Volkswagen Rabbit, invariably speeding, and if she got stuck behind a slow-driving elderly person she'd say "Get these old people out of my way!" 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

I’m almost positive Steve and Teri are extremely close to my parents’ ages. And were married one year away from my parents. My mom was born in 55. I think Teri was born around there and Steve is a little older. I only remember this because how similar a lot of our ages are. I was born in 82 like Sarah. My older sister is similar to Chris’s age. My dad had a vasectomy too and boy am I glad he never had it reversed like Steve. 3 was enough!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic