IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Wow, that house is enormous! Good for them for getting away from the fathership. 

I hope the billiard table stayed and they learn to shoot pool and invite all the other young Maxwellians over. Steve will stroke out,

• Haha 11

14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wow, so many questions. How many bedrooms was the old house? Why such a bigger house now? Can he really afford that? How many kids do they have now? Why so far from poor Steve??

They have 3 kids. They could end up with a decent amount of kids. They aren’t crazy fertile like some other fundies. But they could still end up with 7 kids and I think a big house makes sense with 7 homeschooled kids.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

That is a big house and quite nice. All the changes I'd make are cosmetic and I do love the in home gym and giant back yard (which I would use to plant a big vegetable garden and lots of trees). I suspect they bought the house the same way most people do ie with a mortgage. I don't like debt  but unlike Steve, I think of debt as a tool not an evil.  

I wonder how Steve is coping with all these changes which are so different from his choices? I suspect he's not coping well at all.

• Upvote 13

11 minutes ago, browngrl said:

That is a big house and quite nice. All the changes I'd make are cosmetic and I do love the in home gym and giant back yard (which I would use to plant a big vegetable garden and lots of trees). I suspect they bought the house the same way most people do ie with a mortgage. I don't like debt  but unlike Steve, I think of debt as a tool not an evil.  

I wonder how Steve is coping with all these changes which are so different from his choices? I suspect he's not coping well at all.

I can't imagine Steve is handling this well at all.  He's been looking so, so gaunt lately.   That can't just be due to his plant-based diet alone.  Either he is fasting all the time while praying for his lost sons' souls or he is sick (physically... we know he's mentally ill).

Looking through those photos again and I'm just stunned.  The housing complex has a pool with a water slide!  Doubt they will ever use it though. 

• Upvote 12

OK, offering apologies.  I hadn't been reading along and saw "Peter is quite the chunk" and thought it was a sentence from S.'s book, referring to a guy.  Of course, in retrospect, S. would not be allowed to evaluate a guy's body! WHAT WAS I THINKING???????  

Off to the prayer closet!  

13 hours ago, ripples72801 said:

Here's the link to that house.  It's enormous.  Yes, there's plenty of room to run a business!  And yes, it's going to cost a fortune to heat and cool, and I can't even imagine the cost to re-roof when the time comes.  

Upkeep and daily housekeeping will be crazy.  Will one of the female chi-dults will keep a room there?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

44 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

... we know he's mentally ill).

We don’t, actually. Being a controlling asshole does not equal mental illness. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, Howl said:

Here's the link to that house.  It's enormous.  Yes, there's plenty of room to run a business!  And yes, it's going to cost a fortune to heat and cool, and I can't even imagine the cost to re-roof when the time comes.  

Upkeep and daily housekeeping will be crazy.  Will one of the female chi-dults will keep a room there?

Maybe they're planning ahead and assuming that once the parents have moved on to where they are going when they die, they will need space for one or more of the unmarried sisters to move in? 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Very nice house.  Joe must be doing well with Swift Otter in addition to making a huge profit on his old house.  Looks like they have to pay HOA fees.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Maybe Elissa’s parents visit often. It will be nice for everybody to have plenty of space when family stays several days. 

I think Elissa will take advantage for the yard and plant a garden. I hope, in all that space, she also gets a craft/sewing room. 

• Upvote 10

Joe's recent Swiftotter videos are done from the new basement - you can tell because of a shelf section in the wall. 

I wonder if he's using that whole entire giant basement for his office? That's a lot of space and there have got to be more uses than just an office, even for a business owner working from home. 

Then again, what do I know? I work from home at a desk in a corner of the spare room.

• Upvote 8

On 9/15/2020 at 1:19 AM, ripples72801 said:

According to property records the house Joe and Elissa bought is 4 bedrooms 3.5 baths and a little over 4000 sq ft.  It was listed at 405k, but I'm not sure if that was the final price they paid for the home.  The house is very nice, and no updating is needed other than cosmetic to make it their own.  If I was a gambler, I would be willing to bet he has a mortage, and Steve is fuming!

Never mind, I see someone already posted the link... thank you!

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 1

They’ve moved up, up and away! I absolutely love fireplaces in eating areas. It’s a good space for a growing family. There’s endless cleaning in Elissa’s future.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe Elissa’s parents visit often. It will be nice for everybody to have plenty of space when family stays several days. 

I think Elissa will take advantage for the yard and plant a garden. I hope, in all that space, she also gets a craft/sewing room. 

Elissa was big into 4H, specifically sewing, right?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Looks like they have to pay HOA fees.

For some reason this is the most shocking to me. Imagine, a Maxwell having PERPETUAL debts to people for telling you what to do. Steve would lose his shit at the mere mention.

Speaking of which, a sick part of me hopes Steve saw those listing pictures. THREE (3!!!) BEASTS in ONE room!?!? The prior owners are obviously going straight to hell!

Anyway, I'm really happy for Joe and Elissa

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

We don’t, actually. Being a controlling asshole does not equal mental illness. 

Yes,  you're right.  My bad. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if they will take advantage of the services the HOA fees support, specifically the neighborhood pool.  In the listing pics, there's a small facility in the subdivision; the big complex promoted is a city parks department development.

Also, I wonder if they may be considering enrolling the kids in the big Christian school out there...heresy, I know, but there is one that is fairly well regarded within a few miles. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

assuming that once the parents have moved on to where they are going when they die, they will need space for one or more of the unmarried sisters to move in? 

Sadly, this be true.  But I bet Brunhilde will hang in there forever, and the two spinster daughters will be her attendants.  Will they be in their 40s or 50s when it's time to transition to maiden aunt hood and move into their brother's house to care for the children? 

What if Elissa's parents are planning on moving in and helping pay for it?

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

What if Elissa's parents are planning on moving in and helping pay for it?

I doubt it. My guess is he simply makes a large income and they’ve taken out a mortgage. If they used the other house for a down payment their mortgage could be enviable. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They’ve moved up, up and away! I absolutely love fireplaces in eating areas.

I do too!  My brother and sister-in-law live in South Dakota and have a fireplace in their kitchen. I can’t think of anything cozier than a kitchen fireplace on a Dakota winter evening. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

I'm watching  Cat Ballou on TCM and they just showed a group of churchwomen marching to the gallows where Cat is to be hanged and one of the women is holding a sign asking Cat where she will be spending eternity.  I thought immediately of Stevehovah.  (if you've never seen Cat Ballou, you should and that goes even if you think you hate Westerns.)

@SassyPants and @usmcmom,  we have a fireplace in our den which is attached to the kitchen.  I'd like to put in a gas fireplace or even a wood stove in there, but it will need to wait until next spring.  

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I do too!  My brother and sister-in-law live in South Dakota and have a fireplace in their kitchen. I can’t think of anything cozier than a kitchen fireplace on a Dakota winter evening. 

When we lived briefly in Chicagoland, we looked at a home that had a fireplace in the dining area. We never got around to buying as my husband’s company moved us to Los Angeles mere months after moving us to Chicago. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Next thing you know, one of the many rooms in that house will have a beast! 

That's probably already happened.  It's a large monitor, Dad.  Yeah, that's what it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic