Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Recommended Posts

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Title is from @JemimaPuddle-Duck and is in honor of sons moving away from the borg collective and potentially setting up their own rules and having families who may dress to suit themselves 6 3/4 days of the week.  

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theologygeek

@Bethy To answer your question in the closed thread...  Yes, in the link I provided, Chelsy is pregnant and in a blue dress.  They are towards the beginning of the video.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe

I think Chelsy just gave birth. (It takes a while to not look pregnant any more but she’s not currently pregnant. I think)

Edited by Giraffe
Adding words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Title is from @JemimaPuddle-Duck and is in honor of sons moving away from the borg collective and potentially setting up their own rules and having families who may dress to suit themselves 6 3/4 days of the week.  

And it's wonderful!

Steve :borg: says: resistance is futile, you must wear a vest.

But we know better!

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

The way the post is written implies that Joseph and Elissa still live in Kansas and just attend a church in Kansas City. I can always count on FJ sleuths to find out that Joseph’s house has sold! Obviously I mean that FJ sleuths do other stuff, too. Just that it would never have occurred to me to look that kind of stuff up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereComesTreble

I’ve never commented on a Maxwell thread—this one’s title is so delightful, I had to pop in & give props.

  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClareDeLune
6 hours ago, theologygeek said:

@Bethy To answer your question in the closed thread...  Yes, in the link I provided, Chelsy is pregnant and in a blue dress.  They are towards the beginning of the video.  

I dont know if I am imagining things now but have they removed mention of John and Chelsy's church off of the titus 2 blog? I thought it said J and C went to church in somewhere like ?Platte City but now I can't see that either in the blog or comments.

Maybe they don't like us weirdos taking such an interest in what they do and to be fair 🤣 maybe they have a point.  They are so interesting because of all the secrecy and drama over mundane things though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith

John and Chelsy going to a non denominational church is shocking. I never would have expected it. I know Chelsy has been exposed to a wide variety of churches while touring with the Bontrager Family Singers and John probably saw a few different church types when the Maxwells were on the road, but my best case scenario for them was Chelsy insisting on a non Elderly focused  IFB church with a real pastor and congregation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

So, they did remove the sentence about John & Chelsy going to church in Platte City. I bet John requested it. Those reversal boys seem to value their privacy & don’t want to be blog fodder. Good for them. As much as I am nosy & would like to see what they’re up to, I am glad they keep themselves separate from Steve’s agenda & carefully constructed fabrications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen Of Hearts

Does anyone one have a like to Joe's house that sold on realtor.com? I don't know the address to search, but would love to see the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Grass Lake

I was thinking about Stevehova and Teri getting lost twice up in the mountains, I imagine it happened something like this.  

Steve takes a wrong turn.

Teri knows it's wrong, but can't contradict her husband, so says nothing and waits for him  to realize what is going on.  Each step she takes is agony, the farther they go, the more they have to backtrack and her back is already hurting at the thought.  

Steve takes another wrong turn, Teri is frantic in her head, but again, cannot suggest or remind or even bitch at him because he is the man and therefore always right.  She now begins praying for a Saviour who will come forward and realize that these two OLD people should not be on this route, and her prayers are answered, with the gentleman who tells them how far these steps climb.  Of course, since the fellow traveller is a MALE, Steve can save face and announces that Teri looks a little wore out and how about they just head to the car.  Her prayers are heard, God has saved them once again.  Steve is now the hero because he must really care about her to not want her to have any more pain.  Thank God for such a husband.  

  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theologygeek
10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I think Chelsy just gave birth. (It takes a while to not look pregnant any more but she’s not currently pregnant. I think)

Not sure.  There's no newborn in the video.  It's just the three of them at church.  

56 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, they did remove the sentence about John & Chelsy going to church in Platte City. I bet John requested it. Those reversal boys seem to value their privacy & don’t want to be blog fodder. Good for them. As much as I am nosy & would like to see what they’re up to, I am glad they keep themselves separate from Steve’s agenda & carefully constructed fabrications. 

John & Chelsy are at the Open Door church.  They're on the video at the church's website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

 

John & Chelsy are at the Open Door church.  They're on the video at the church's website.  

My point was a statement was made on the blog, then removed less than a day later. It isn’t about the church & I make no claim on knowing anything other than that-the blog post was changed. In truth they could go to church in Tim Buk Too & it wouldn’t change the fact if was mentioned, then removed. 

2E27408A-8E48-443A-AEA3-D8FCEA62E12E.jpeg

3103F74A-86C6-4AAF-960E-8D7CABFA0C8A.jpeg

Edited by fundiefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theologygeek
1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Does anyone one have a like to Joe's house that sold on realtor.com? I don't know the address to search, but would love to see the pictures.

Here you go.  According to Zillow, it sold last month.  It looks like they had the brother and sister in bunk beds.  Maybe they needed more bedrooms  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2300-S-17th-Ter_Leavenworth_KS_66048_M84989-81821

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

@Lady Grass Lake, one time almost 40 years ago, some of us band kids went down from our hometown near the mountains to Dreher High in Columbia to the either the Solo and Ensemble Festival or Allstate Band auditions.  (Cant's recall which now.)  Anyway on the way home, our chaperone band parent took the exit for I-26 East towards Charleston which was not the way we needed to go and in fact, was the opposite way.  If we'd not turned, then we'd have merged onto I-26 West easy-peasy.  It took me a few minutes to get my nerve to tell the adult that we needed to turn around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

It’s odd to me that people who are so convinced that they live perfectly in the name of Jesus and according to His holy word, the Bible, so often times seem to church shop. To me that behavior denotes an uncertainty. My mom, an evil Catholic, has been attending the same church for the last 80 years, only changing once in her life d/t her parents’ job transfers when she was quite young. 
It’s pretty bold and narcissistic to preach your way and belief system when you seem rather lost yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crawfishgirl

Near the bottom of that realtor.com listing, it had pictures of the house from the last time that it was for sale.  Such a huge improvement.  It would be interesting to know how much he spent in materials for the update, and therefore how much profit he made.  I am assuming that most of the labor was free family labor.  Regardless, it appears to have been well done.

Teri's hiking post today was intriguing.  I recently saw a movie on TV called Everest (the one from 2015 with Josh Brolin).  I thought about that movie while reading the blog.  Too bad they only go to CO to hike/climb....  though Everest is in a category of its own, some of the younger Maxwells might enjoy expanding their horizons and climbing more difficult mountains in new locations.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It’s pretty bold and narcissistic to preach your way and belief system when you seem rather lost yourself.

I don't think people like that seem lost as much as just totally full of hubris to think of all the millions of biblical interpretations in the world you're the only one who got it right and have to shop so much to find others to agree with you.

My mom was a bad fundy-lite in her philosophy which was that there are many, many paths to Heaven and people need to find the one that's right for them and not judge others for believing differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freejugar

If the sisters pitched in Joe's house renovations, they should be compensated.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VVV
4 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Here you go.  According to Zillow, it sold last month.  It looks like they had the brother and sister in bunk beds.  Maybe they needed more bedrooms  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2300-S-17th-Ter_Leavenworth_KS_66048_M84989-81821

I don’t know, those pictures look like furniture from a staging company. There is absolutely nothing personal in those pictures at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom
2 hours ago, VVV said:

I don’t know, those pictures look like furniture from a staging company. There is absolutely nothing personal in those pictures at all.

Agree.

Do you think they'd already moved by the time the pictures were taken?  The place doesn't looked lived in at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeansonly
3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Agree.

Do you think they'd already moved by the time the pictures were taken?  The place doesn't looked lived in at all.

I don't recall seeing any Jesus signs, crosses or any of Mary's homemade lettered signs.  They must have moved. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

@kpmom, did you notice that a nearby home for sale was on Amelia Earhart Drive?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.