IGNORED

The Replicators: Upcoming Babies 18

Bethella

2 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Those outfits are ridiculous, especially the hats. And the names are pretty matchy-matchy. At least she got talked out of Zeal. 

I really hate matchy twin names. It’s one of my many petty peeves. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Those outfits are ridiculous, especially the hats. And the names are pretty matchy-matchy. At least she got talked out of Zeal. 

The hats are sooooo bad! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Three quick thoughts:

1) She may not have got an option when it came to induction dates. The last three of my friends to be induced or have a c-section (all during the pandemic; 1 caesarean and 2 inductions) didn't get to choose their dates. It was when it fit into their obstetrician's schedule for 2 of them and for the other one, it was when both her obstetrician and midwife were both scheduled to be in the hospital. That last one was in Australia, where a team of midwives do most of the prenatal, delivery, and antenatal follow ups on Mum and infants but she developed cholestasis and then preeclampsia so was mostly under obstetrician care by the time she was induced and they thought the baby was much smaller than it ended up being (they thought she was a pound smaller than she actually was!) but she wanted her primary midwife there too rather than another from the team that she didn't know as well. But the two births in the US, caesarean and induction, the parents had no say on when they'd be scheduled and I know that both did ask if they could make the decision. I don't know if this was because of the pandemic or not, but the same labor and delivery ward and obstetrician that delivered my friend's baby in Australia did my cousin's wife's c-section and they got to choose the date (their son was born on my Nana's birthday, 3.5 months after she died, and it was definitely a beautiful and healing thing to have such joy on a day we'd all been dreading without her).

2) I hate matchy twin names too but I like both names individually and if Tobias is going to go by Toby, Titus and Toby don't sound obnoxiously similar. Cute babies.

3) On my first point, I don't doubt for a second that if they did give Braggie a choice of induction dates, she'd have totally done the opposite of most parents and asked for 4 of her children to share a birthday for her selfish reasons!

And a question:

Are Evie and Nola identical? Two sets of identical twins in one family would be incredibly rare. Not that we can trust Braggie on whether the new set of twins are truly identical or not. It's not like anyone in the delivery room can refute her 'one placenta' claim without violating patient privacy so I'm going to wait a little bit to see how alike they look.

I refuse to use her nauseating nicknames/hashtags for either set of twins ? Each of those 4 children have their own name, and I wish she'd use them more often. I wouldn't even mind her calling them her "twin girls" and "twin boys" on occasion but she is just so ick with those nicknames and they're not clever, they're obnoxious.

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

The hats are sooooo bad! 

Those hats are in fashion right now for babies. When one of my best friends in Australia had her little one, that style hat in a lavender color was part of baby's 'going home' outfit. I was Facetiming her when she was dressing the baby and she put that hat on and cradled her up directed at the camera and both of us just dissolved into laughter and through snorts I said, "FirstNameofBaby, what's your Mama done to you? Taken one of her bed socks and put a knot in the end?! You'd think she could find you a real hat!" My friend was laughing and then cradled her so she could see her better and was like, "IT IS LIKE A SOCK! Oh jeez, no one else can see you with that on your head." ? Not as bad as bows bigger than the newborn's head but still one of the more terrible baby fashion trends in awhile ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Sure, it could be that her water broke, or she had a check-up and they decided to admit her because something didn't look quite right, or this was the only day her OB was available for an induction.

But unless she specifically states a reason why she gave birth that day, I will believe that she chose it on purpose. "Christians" lie a lot by omission. To me, her silence means that she picked the quadruple bday on purpose. 

• I Agree 8

15 minutes ago, Aine said:

Are Evie and Nola identical? Two sets of identical twins in one family would be incredibly rare. Not that we can trust Braggie on whether the new set of twins are truly identical or not. It's not like anyone in the delivery room can refute her 'one placenta' claim without violating patient privacy so I'm going to wait a little bit to see how alike they look.

Her reasoning for why Evy and Nola are identical was the same as the for new twins. My understanding is that identical twins can be pretty different, and fraternal twins can be very similar, so the only way to know for sure is genetic testing which she has not done.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Titus and Tobias are very matchy-matchy compared to Evangeline and Magnolia. 
I remember Erika Shupe being convinced that her twins were/are identical just because they look the same. 
I always think of the Olsen twins, who look very similar (to me at least) but they’re actually not identical. So looks alone aren’t enough of an indicator.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mango_fandango said:

Titus and Tobias are very matchy-matchy compared to Evangeline and Magnolia. 
I remember Erika Shupe being convinced that her twins were/are identical just because they look the same. 
I always think of the Olsen twins, who look very similar (to me at least) but they’re actually not identical. So looks alone aren’t enough of an indicator.

It’s funny because the Olsen twins are so easy to tell apart these days. They look so different! But when they were little, they looked just alike. 

• Upvote 7

Ali Corral's most recent baby (first boy after seven girls) is Mark Jr. I don't think we knew that before. He was born last September.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I went to the Dr at 37w1d BEGGED to be induced cause I was FULL TERM with my twins and they refused.. No signs of labor, no issues.. come back at 37.6 and we will set induction/delivery on 38w.. I was THRILLED when my water broke later that day!  

So does this lady not get u/s during pregnancy?  I am involved in a few different multiples groups and almost everyone I know who has had a single placenta pregnancy ended up with many u/s and monitoring and on STRICT watch those last weeks. Because they need to know if they are MoMo, MoDi etc.  safety first especially in those last weeks.. And with those size differences any Dr worth their salt would have been on that single placenta and TTTFs...  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I went to the Dr at 37w1d BEGGED to be induced cause I was FULL TERM with my twins and they refused.. No signs of labor, no issues.. come back at 37.6 and we will set induction/delivery on 38w.. I was THRILLED when my water broke later that day!  

So does this lady not get u/s during pregnancy?  I am involved in a few different multiples groups and almost everyone I know who has had a single placenta pregnancy ended up with many u/s and monitoring and on STRICT watch those last weeks. Because they need to know if they are MoMo, MoDi etc.  safety first especially in those last weeks.. And with those size differences any Dr worth their salt would have been on that single placenta and TTTFs...  

Yes, she’s gotten ultrasounds. Thankfully she’s not one of the idiotic fundies like Hannah Mandarino who refuses ultrasounds and hopes for surprise homebirth twins. 

• Upvote 6

I like the name Titus, but I would never name a child that because whenever I hear it, all I can think is tight-ass.

Tobias is a nice name, though I prefer the full-length version over the nickname Toby.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, petrushka said:

The Muellers have added grandchildren almost every year in recent memory, even had a boomlet a few years back. I made a New Year's prediction they'd have two in 2020.  So far only one has been born.  They usually don't post until after the birth, so maybe one of the others will give birth before 2021. I figure it wouldn't be Mary Jane but possibly Kimberly or Becca.  They haven't had any weddings in a while either.  Thought for sure David Mueller would have married by now.

How many children does Mary Jane have by now? She and her husband started with very short age gaps between her births. Did they slow down by now?

I have to say I really like Tobias and Titus. Although I prefer Tobias over Toby. And Titus is the name of one of the dogs we had in my childhood. He was such a sweetheart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

How many children does Mary Jane have by now? She and her husband started with very short age gaps between her births. Did they slow down by now?

Joe and Mary Jane have six children.  They were married in 2012 and had their first four children in four years.  There is a gap between 2017 and 2019 when they had their fifth. Sixth child arrived in January of 2020. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I like the name Titus, but I would never name a child that because whenever I hear it, all I can think is tight-ass.

Tobias is a nice name, though I prefer the full-length version over the nickname Toby.

Plus Titus2, aka Maxhell.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

They had a gap between 4 and 5 but the gap between 5 and 6 is the shortest one yet.

1. Karis Evangelynn b. 19 Jan 2013
  2. Joseph William Jr. b. 22 Feb 2014
  3. Caleb Russel b. 2 June 2015
  4. Janna Faith b. 5 Aug 2016
  5. ChristyAnna Joy b. 15 Jan 2019
  6. Toby Malachi b. 14 Jan 2020
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, Bethella said:

They had a gap between 4 and 5 but the gap between 5 and 6 is the shortest one yet.

It’s interesting how she had three pairs very close in age. The first pair are 13 months apart, the second pair are 14 months apart, and the third pair are 12 months apart. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Bethella said:

I usually babysit for two sibling sets of first cousins on college football game days and today was the first for the 5th year in a row. I started when the oldest two of each lot of siblings were about 3 months and 8 months. There is now two 4 year olds, two 2 year olds, and a 12 week old. All parents work full-time in professional jobs and they've always been amazed that I could hand the 2 and then 4 and now 5 small children. I worked in day cares through undergrad so kind of had an okay handle on most things and had foster kids- I'd always set up the main living room to change diapers, play, and even throw a good sleeping infant in a pack and play for a nap so I could kind of streamline it all. But I have to say, the difference from last year to this year was so crazy with 4 mobile children also capable of running and being silent while doing so and an infant. I'm absolutely exhausted, and all kids were very well behaved- they were just kids...head stands on couches in quiet time, boys jumping from couch arm rests, toddlers pushing the other one over because they were overtired and the other one tried to take a Goldfish cracker from her cup- no injuries or anything dangerous, just a lot of vigilance and trying to keep eyes in the back of my head when playing with or attending to one child or the other.

Those 6 kids in that many years...we see similar age gaps all the time on here but tonight, just reading that made me more exhausted than I already was. Days like this, while I managed and actually enjoyed it because I truly love that chaos and kids (at least for a day), really bring home how ridiculous so many fundie family's lives are and how completely impossible it is to spend quality time with each child with so many little ones. And we were having a non-scheduled fun day where they saw their cousins and had their chilled out babysitter, not trying to home school an army while trying to give all children supervision and some attention.

It always seems difficult and a little wild to have so many close in age kids by choice, especially when you grow them and birth them and have them all day every day. I had fun but I'm so thankful it's just me and my dog in my bed tonight and I get to sleep.

Edited by Aine
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 4

Deborah (Smith) Hale is around her due date but I don't find any more info on her .... She went off facebook, with other family members.

But in Hale family, I've seen that Sarah (Hale) Helm had her 2nd child in May, Elijah Chase Helm. And Ruth (Hutchins) Hale is pregnant with her first (after a miscarriage past year)....

• Thank You 3

Sierra just posted that it's Merrick's 1st birthday.  That reminded me that the birthdays of all the babygeddon babies are upon us soon.  Therefore it's time for a baby watch for the Duggars/Bates'.  The Smorton's are also due for another announcement, especially with Addie now in the mix.  Between the 3 respective families we only have 3 known pregnancies.  Erin is due to get pregnant as is Carlin, although she is an unknown quantity but did have a honeymoon baby.  I think Josie will get pregnant again soon after her loss.  Especially since they really wanted another baby.  Whitney had a longer spacing between her last two but also had a miscarriage in between.  She could announce.  Tori had her two close together and could have another next year.  Anna usually has babies on odd years but since Maryella came late last November she will probably announce mid year 2021 and have another early 2022.  Jessa could be pregnant soon but tends to announce late. It's early for Joy but she be pregnant next year.  Of the Smortons Kressant is overdue for a pregnancy, Martha is a wild card.  Alyssa and Kennedy could easily be pregnant and Kennedy did talk about exersizing while pregnant as part of her program/recruitment.  I think Rachel is due to announce as well.  And Campbell is another wild card although I'd be surprised if they weren't actively trying.  Dorothy just had her twins so she'd surprise me.  And since Katie since to have tried to catch the bouquet who knows, maybe she will marry next year.  If Kelly Bradrick could remarry and have another, why not her?  2021 could be another banner year. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Kressant is overdue for a pregnancy

I'm betting she already is pregnant. All her pics on instagram have a child strategically placed in front of her in order to hide her abdominal area. 

• Upvote 3

Yikes @JMO you could be right and just looking at your list makes my head hurt ?, we could easily see another influx of pregnancy/babies next year. I feel that for Duggar and Bates in particular (the two families I follow most) we are due for an announcement very soon like in a month max. With the D we will also have to consider the new couple (Justin and Claire) that could easily get married at the start of 2021 and then have a honeymoon baby all in 2021. Luckily for now Jrod seems to have moved to another season of life and no more babies for her. We will have also to consider the Bowers and Bontragers in the mix, Allyson just gets married a few weeks ago, she could announce in a couple of months too. 

• Upvote 3

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic