IGNORED

The Replicators: Upcoming Babies 18

Bethella

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think she meant the 2nd longest overdue, so overdue longer than most of the others that were overdue if that makes sense.

Yeah, I just looked at the comments and she said that “this will be my 6th "late" one too!” Which matches what she said last time. 

• Upvote 4

Josiah Paine posted an updated pic of the Paine family on ig. I think his ig is private so I won’t post the picture here. The only new thing aside from the info we already know is that Nate and Laura had a 2nd child, a boy. He seems too big to have been born this year, I say late 2019.

Neither Tabitha and her husband, nor Brielle and hers have any kids or appear to be pregnant. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

39 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Neither Tabitha and her husband, nor Brielle and hers have any kids or appear to be pregnant. 

Thank goodness for small favors.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Evangeline fits with Felicity and it's a nice enough name. I'm a little surprised they used it so soon after Joy used Evelyn but the Duggars have never been averse to similar sounding names, I guess!

I had guessed they might use Josephine as a middle name so I'm a little disappointed in just Jo as a middle name but Evangeline Josephine is a no-go haha.

I hope they call her Lina as a nickname. Lissy and Lina are cute nicknames for sisters and I have no issue with cutesy sibling nicknames when their full first names are cohesive without being similar!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

She kind of used to be my pet fundie so I'm tending to be happy for her. But all that crap she posted in the last two months about Biden and then how the election was stolen etc. really made me unfollow her.

Same. 

Her idyllic pictures of her children and her garden and the food she made fooled me into thinking she was a more reasonable sort of fundie. Turns out she is worse than most.

At least I'll give Trump this: he has shown me who some people really are.  Even some non fundies have surprised me with their ability to overlook or worse agree with Trump. I think this is just one more reason why 2020 has been so depressing for me.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

Courtney’s baby was born. Not sure if yesterday or today. Her name is Caris Audrey. The baby had a lack of oxygen during delivery and Courtney had some complications as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thank You 7

Wow, they had to intubate the baby. It sounds like it was a really rough delivery. Not a good sign. Good thoughts for both of them.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 7

Caris-- never heard that one before, but not a bad name. I was worried it would be Callista or Calliope or something. Hopefully she doesn't have any long-term issues.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Caris Audrey is a lovely name. I prefer the spellings Carys or Charis but I like it regardless.

Definitely thinking of little Caris and Courtney though. I'm extra glad Courtney had her husband with her this time and the other kiddos are with extended family. No matter how crazy I think her constant procreation is, I'd hate to think of her and the little one on their own in the hospital through such a scary experience.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It sounds like Courtney possibly had a c-section. 

Hopefully everything will work out okay and this will be wake-up call to Courtney. Having as many back-to-back pregnancies with small turnover time wouldn't possibly be medically recommend. She needs to make her health a priority so she can be here for the kids she has. 

I hope Courtney and the baby are fine. I hope she is able to be reunited with other children soon. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Jessa replied to a comment on Jeremy's latest photo of Evangeline about how they're pronouncing Evangeline. The commenter asked if they were ending it with the -leen or the -lynn sound, and Jessa responded with 'line'. I've never heard it with the 'line' at the end, definitely the least common option of the three!

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It sounds like Courtney possibly had a c-section. 

I think it may have been vaginal because she did say that she was told to push before she felt that the baby had dropped very low and that the "lack of progress" and the size of the baby resulted in lack of oxygen during the delivery and it ended up causing them both complications.

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Aine said:

I think it may have been vaginal because she did say that she was told to push before she felt that the baby had dropped very low and that the "lack of progress" and the size of the baby resulted in lack of oxygen during the delivery and it ended up causing them both complications.

Lack of oxygen and failure to progess sounds like they may have done an emergency, unplanned c-section. Obviously we don't know. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Lack of oxygen and failure to progess sounds like they may have done an emergency, unplanned c-section. Obviously we don't know. 

I’ve been wondering if she had a uterine rupture. I think she had at least one previous c-section with the twins (although I’m not 100% sure) which combined with an induction puts her at a higher risk for it. 

• Upvote 7

My guess is that she has had a severe shoulder dystocia, both life threatening to mom and baby....mainly baby....you literally only have a few minutes to get baby out before significant damage can happen....unfortunately I've been involved with quite a few and they are the most horrific obstetric emergency to have to deal with....also guessing courtney haemorrhaged after as this is also a side effect of a shoulder dystocia. Do you do "head cooling" (hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy) in the US?  This is quite a new technique used in the uk and has massive positive outcomes for babies that could have oxygen starved brain issues...if done quick enough it has a huge success rate of actually preventing or reversing it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

My guess is that she has had a severe shoulder dystocia, both life threatening to mom and baby....mainly baby....you literally only have a few minutes to get baby out before significant damage can happen....unfortunately I've been involved with quite a few and they are the most horrific obstetric emergency to have to deal with....also guessing courtney haemorrhaged after as this is also a side effect of a shoulder dystocia. Do you do "head cooling" (hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy) in the US?  This is quite a new technique used in the uk and has massive positive outcomes for babies that could have oxygen starved brain issues...if done quick enough it has a huge success rate of actually preventing or reversing it. 

The photo posted on IG is baby in an isolete, all wired up sitting next to moms bed.  It leave a lot of questions.  To answer yours YES, the head cooling is used here in USA.. I actually had a friend whose grandchild who sadly lost a grandchild just 2 weeks ago.. but they attempted all things-cooling included- to give baby time for brain healing. 
The post was a simple announcement- not sure what level hospital they are out- whether baby is stay there of is she would need to be taken to a better equipped one.  Very scary and I am relieved her kids are with relatives and husband can be there to focus on them both.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

I’ve been wondering if she had a uterine rupture. I think she had at least one previous c-section with the twins (although I’m not 100% sure) which combined with an induction puts her at a higher risk for it. 

This would be her 3rd if she did. She had placenta previa once before as well. 

• Thank You 5

9 hours ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Courtney confirmed in the comments that they are cooling the baby to help with brain swelling. This is so heartbreaking.

Does the cooling really help? Can it reverse any possible damage?

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Courtney confirmed in the comments that they are cooling the baby to help with brain swelling. This is so heartbreaking.

Does the cooling really help? Can it reverse any possible damage?

Head cooling is amazing!. I've seen one baby who had gone for it with a very high chance of moderate to severe brain damage. I have since this child at 2 and 4 yrs old and she is completely normal neurologically speaking, in fact she is very advanced for her age. She walked at 11 months when they didnt expect her to walk at all. She had a head entrapment from a undiagnosed breech delivery. She was starved of oxygen for a significant amount of time and needed extensive resuscitation. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Head cooling is amazing!. I've seen one baby who had gone for it with a very high chance of moderate to severe brain damage. I have since this child at 2 and 4 yrs old and she is completely normal neurologically speaking, in fact she is very advanced for her age. She walked at 11 months when they didnt expect her to walk at all. She had a head entrapment from a undiagnosed breech delivery. She was starved of oxygen for a significant amount of time and needed extensive resuscitation. 

Oh good! That sounds encouraging! Thank you!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic