IGNORED

The Replicators: Upcoming Babies 18

Bethella

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I've seen some of their YT videos and get zero fundie vibes...unless being vegan can be considered a religion.

Are the kids' names considered common in Australia?  I wouldn't expect to encounter some of them in the US.

I've known small kids called Felix, Henry and Sylvie. The rest are uncommon here, but not unheard of.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The only name that would raise eyebrows here would be Cosmo and even then not so much considering that boys names that end in ‘o’ are becoming more popular, I met a little Apollo the other day. 

name-wise, I think the strangest thing is that Henry goes by Hank, that’s seen as a very ‘American’ nickname. 

As for if they’re fundie, no, they seem crunchy; vegan, homeschooling, boys have long hair. Honestly I don’t know if they belong here at all, maybe if they continue popping out kids.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I've seen some of their YT videos and get zero fundie vibes...unless being vegan can be considered a religion.

Are the kids' names considered common in Australia?  I wouldn't expect to encounter some of them in the US.

Just my experience:

Evan is a bit outdated but I know a few. I only know one kid named Otto. Felix is not uncommon at all, I know quite a few. Henry is fairly common, I know heaps of them. Rufus is a little more common than Otto (I know 3 kids with the name). Pearl is about the same as Rufus, again I know 3. I know two girls named Sylvie and no kids named Cosmo.

I’ve followed the family for years, they’re not fundie at all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Hillary and Mark Hutchins' triplets are born.... on 28th ou 29th of october, a little premature (around 34 weeks)  The two girls are named Margaret and Edythe, and the boy is Henry.

According Mark Hutchins FB

Edited by Hortense Peyrac
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

And Deborah and Daniel Hale had their baby at the beginning of september..... No more clue about name or gender..... but on pics, the blanket is blue so I'm assuming a boy ! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Do they have an Instagram? - they haven't put anything on 11smiths for ages.

David and Rachel must have had their baby by now, but they seem very private

8 hours ago, Tjay said:

The only name that would raise eyebrows here would be Cosmo and even then not so much considering that boys names that end in ‘o’ are becoming more popular, I met a little Apollo the other day. 

name-wise, I think the strangest thing is that Henry goes by Hank, that’s seen as a very ‘American’ nickname. 

As for if they’re fundie, no, they seem crunchy; vegan, homeschooling, boys have long hair. Honestly I don’t know if they belong here at all, maybe if they continue popping out kids.

I really like their naming style, all the old fashioned names. At first i was surprised by Cosmo because it seems so modern in comparison, it seemed out of place with the rest. But aparently its actually an old english name too, i just thought it was from Cosmos.

Even if they keep having kids they wouldnt really fit into freejinger unless they sudenly fall into a cult or something. I noticed Taina Licciardo wants to be her bff once she comes to Australia lol

• I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

The two girls are named Margaret and Edythe, and the boy is Henry

Three of my favorite names! Except I prefer Edythe spelled Edith. Edith is my favorite girls name.

9 hours ago, llucie said:

I noticed Taina Licciardo wants to be her bff once she comes to Australia lol

I noticed that too. And that Courtney is comments on nearly all of Chloe's photos ??‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Kateri Schwandt and her husband welcomed their 15th child and 1st daughter yesterday.  Her name is Maggie Jayne. 

I don't believe they're fundie I just know we've talked about them here in the past.

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Kateri Schwandt and her husband welcomed their 15th child and 1st daughter yesterday.  Her name is Maggie Jayne. 

I don't believe they're fundie I just know we've talked about them here in the past.

Their not fundie I think their Catholic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Their not fundie I think their Catholic. 

I would a Catholic couple with 15 kids are fundie Catholic. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They don’t show signs of being Catholic fundies. Some couples just want a very big family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:50 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I have many Catholic family members who are practicing Catholics with larger families (6-14 children) but they definitely aren't fundie. I would say the larger family sizes among many of my family members are somewhat cultural and tied to Catholic beliefs because I think those beliefs drove the family sizes in previous generations of my family, but for my Dad's generation and now my generation it is more cultural in that many of us were raised in or surrounded by big families so made that choice due to familiarity or how they wanted their family to be like, separate from religion.

For example, one of my older cousins has 8 kids, 7 boys and 1 girl, and while he and his wife are practicing Catholics, they're like most Australian Catholic families in that they definitely use contraception. They're also super liberal politically. Both came from larger families (my cousin is one of 7 boys; his wife is one of 5 kids) and wanted a larger family for what is common these days, especially in a city like Sydney, Australia, where real estate is expensive AF. They're both accountants and his wife has gone back to work, at least part-time, after each of their kids were born. All the kids have attended their local public primary school, and the two oldest are now in public high school. They're the sort of people who were just born to be parents, and suited to being the parents of many. Like the Schwandts, they definitely wanted a girl though. They planned to stop at 6 but 6 and 7 were fraternal twins. Then they decided to go for one more and had their daughter. My cousin was booked for a vasectomy 2 weeks before their daughters' due date and ended up having that vasectomy when his daughter was about 10 hours old in the day surgery across the road from the same hospital because she came a little early and his wife was like, "Nope. I've done this newborn/labor recovery thing before, but I'm never doing it again. We're done. Go get that snip right now."  ?

• Upvote 13

Sarah Baker (Bakers to Alaska, friend of Sharia Hale) had a boy on November 9th. He finally got a name today: Alex Nicholas.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, albireo said:

Sarah Baker (Bakers to Alaska, friend of Sharia Hale) had a boy on November 9th. He finally got a name today: Alex Nicholas.

Does she like Full House? Those are the names of Uncle Jesse’s twins.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does she like Full House? Those are the names of Uncle Jesse’s twins.

Haha! All of their children have family names. 

• Upvote 1

Clara Nollkamper had her 12th baby this morning. Homebirth, "caught by daddy before anyone else arrived", and the baby looks very healthy. She didn't say whether the child was a boy or girl, but they elected to post a picture showing him/her in a blueish swaddle, so possible another son.

Her second youngest child will turn 1 in a couple of weeks. 

I meant to comment on this, her second "oops the baby came to fast lolololol" birth in a row. After looking back at the instagram comments, others have asked about her unattended/unassisted births too. She said that her labor just goes quickly.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

16 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I meant to comment on this, her second "oops the baby came to fast lolololol" birth in a row. After looking back at the instagram comments, others have asked about her unattended/unassisted births too. She said that her labor just goes quickly.

She is so annoying! I saw her reply to that commenter and my eyes nearly rolled out of my head. She has a midwife but she just has such quick births, just like she has seemingly lightning quick pregnancies, and just like she barely shows even at full term. ?

I mean, I don't doubt that she labors for only a short time given that she has had 12 kids in such quick succession (and whatever the number of "Irish twins" she's had that she has to tell the world about at all times) but it's the way she describes it, like somehow her body is special and perfectly suited to pregnancy and birth rather than just saying something like, "Labor tends to keep moving faster with each child!" or acknowledging that its happening because she doesn't give her body a chance to ever recover!

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Her second youngest child will turn 1 in a couple of weeks. 

And her third youngest isn't even 2 yet! Yikes that's nuts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 5

From her IG it looks like Hannah Washburn Manderino is pregnant with #3 and pretty far along. How old is her first again?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, albireo said:

From her IG it looks like Hannah Washburn Manderino is pregnant with #3 and pretty far along. How old is her first again?

Based on her hashtags she’s 20 weeks along so due early April I think. 
her first was born in July 2018 and her second in January this year. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Aine said:

She is so annoying! I saw her reply to that commenter and my eyes nearly rolled out of my head. She has a midwife but she just has such quick births, just like she has seemingly lightning quick pregnancies, and just like she barely shows even at full term. ?

I mean, I don't doubt that she labors for only a short time given that she has had 12 kids in such quick succession (and whatever the number of "Irish twins" she's had that she has to tell the world about at all times) but it's the way she describes it, like somehow her body is special and perfectly suited to pregnancy and birth rather than just saying something like, "Labor tends to keep moving faster with each child!" or acknowledging that its happening because she doesn't give her body a chance to ever recover!

Looking at her previous post to the birth announcement...someone asked if it was a labour photo and she said no....she said she only had 4 contractions and then baby came out!!....as a midwife I've never known just 4 contractions before baby...I've know women who have silent labours and just deliver when they have a urge to push...I've also delivered someone's 15th kid and she even laboured for a hour or so!!!...shes talking BS.

• Upvote 4

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic