IGNORED

The Replicators: Upcoming Babies 18

Bethella

That's great! I hope little Noelle is excited to get a sibling. This family's story remains one of my favorites, although I haven't really checked in on it since Susanna got engaged. It's just so normal.

• Love 3

Don’t love on Susanna too hard. She’s liked some of JillRod’s trump humping posts. She may not be a fundie, but she still votes for a POS like trump. It’s funny how so many can leave fundamentalism behind but keep the politics. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t love on Susanna too hard. She’s liked some of JillRod’s trump humping posts. She may not be a fundie, but she still votes for a POS like trump. It’s funny how so many can leave fundamentalism behind but keep the politics. 

Her husband is a registered Democrat (I remember that being mentioned somewhere and just double checked and it's still true- Florida voter registration is public) so maybe there is some hope?

I'm not defending her but I think it takes a lot of strength to leave the lifestyle you're raised in religiously as she did, but even that was helped a long by a couple of her siblings supporting her and doing so before her. It's usually combination of exposure to other ideas and the bravery to step away from what is 'safe' and 'known'. I'm not sure she'd have had too much exposure to non-Republican politics. She's mostly lived in quite conservative areas, even now she is in a very red part of Florida, and I don't know that challenging lifelong political beliefs would be at the top of my list if I were a young single working mother like she was for many years. I could also see a lack of motivation to change that part of her life because it might be something to still connect with her family on. Like, "Yes, I rejected the brainwashing of my homeschooled childhood and inflexible ideas of what a woman's role is by having a child out of wedlock and working, but I'm still Christian and conservative." Not giving her a pass, but also think some things take time.

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Aine said:

Her husband is a registered Democrat (I remember that being mentioned somewhere and just double checked and it's still true- Florida voter registration is public) so maybe there is some hope?

I'm not defending her but I think it takes a lot of strength to leave the lifestyle you're raised in religiously as she did, but even that was helped a long by a couple of her siblings supporting her and doing so before her. It's usually combination of exposure to other ideas and the bravery to step away from what is 'safe' and 'known'. I'm not sure she'd have had too much exposure to non-Republican politics. She's mostly lived in quite conservative areas, even now she is in a very red part of Florida, and I don't know that challenging lifelong political beliefs would be at the top of my list if I were a young single working mother like she was for many years. I could also see a lack of motivation to change that part of her life because it might be something to still connect with her family on. Like, "Yes, I rejected the brainwashing of my homeschooled childhood and inflexible ideas of what a woman's role is by having a child out of wedlock and working, but I'm still Christian and conservative." Not giving her a pass, but also think some things take time.

I agree and think it’s great that she’s left that behind. Although I have a feeling that she still has a lot to work through. I think she’s wanted to get married for years now. And she’s been trying to do just that but her past long term relationships didn’t lead to marriage. I think the whole baby out of wedlock thing likely still eats at her because she seemed very much to want to get married. And that is definitely based in how she grew up. I’m sure her family was fucking thrilled when she finally got married so Noelle would no longer be a child out of wedlock. Now they can pretend like she’s always been married and Noelle is his daughter, not stepdaughter. They are likely also thrilled she’s having a baby inside of marriage. It’s hard to be the black sheep and she probably still enjoys the Praise she gets from her family when she does something in line with their fundie ways. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I had always rooted for Susannah so when I saw she liked one of Jill’s stupider political posts, I was quite disappointed. And I’m thinking my disappointment popped up on this thread. Jill is such a moron. It’s too bad that Susannah agrees with her on anything. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Hey, no offense taken! I really appreciate @JermajestyDuggarand @Aine fleshing out some recent details about her, since I am clearly behind. Announce a pet fundie without checking in on them first at your own risk ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I didnt see it mentioned in this thread but Mykelti and Tony Padron are having a girl at the end of March per her Instagram 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had always rooted for Susannah so when I saw she liked one of Jill’s stupider political posts, I was quite disappointed. And I’m thinking my disappointment popped up on this thread. Jill is such a moron. It’s too bad that Susannah agrees with her on anything. 

I totally get it. Its specially dissapointing because its one of Jills posts.

• Upvote 1

Courtney covered the first name of her upcoming baby again. She did this last time and we could tell it was a name that was a little longer and it turned out to be Coralie. This time it might be a little shorter than Coralie and the middle name is Audrey. I’m thinking maybe Claire Audrey. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

If it's on the short side, it could be (I'm guessing 2 syllable again) Chloe, Cleo, Clara, Cara, Cady, Caia, Carly, Ciara, Casey, Carla.

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 5

I'm guessing Cadie. I'm kind of surprised that she doesn't have one already since she has a Cade. Second guess would be Casey.

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm guessing Cadie. I'm kind of surprised that she doesn't have one already since she has a Cade. Second guess would be Casey.

She does already have one, #9 is Caydie. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

Casie/Casey seems inevitable. But I'm feeling Cammie or Carrie is likely this time around.

Redundant diminutive names bug me. I really hope that all of the above guesses are wrong, and that it's something ending with a different sound. Cara, Carol, Clea, or Corinne would be neat. 

• Upvote 5

Life with Beans youtube mama had twins- a boy and a girl. She has 8 kids and she isn't 30 yet.

(I think the title makes more sense to Australians.)

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Life with Beans youtube mama had twins- a boy and a girl. She has 8 kids and she isn't 30 yet.

The twins are called Cosmo Wilfred and Sylvie Winona. Her other kids are Evan Anthony, Otto Patrick, Felix George, Henry Magnus "Hank", Rufus Murphy and Pearl Miriam. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3

25 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Who is she? Have we ever talked about her here? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bethella said:

I am not even sure if she is fundie, she is Australian, she homeschools and has a lot of kids (8 now), who wear really colourful mismatched clothes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I remember when Coralie surprised us last time. It wasn’t like Any other names. Maybe she’s decided some of the names are too close and will go for a name that surprises us again. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I am not even sure if she is fundie, she is Australian, she homeschools and has a lot of kids (8 now), who wear really colourful mismatched clothes. 

I have watched a few of her videos and she has not said anything outright fundie in any of them, although I think she mentioned going to church and called the new babies "a blessing". She seems to be super fertile - she already has triplets and another pair of twins. Eight kids from four pregnancies - she could end up with a whole lot of children if she keeps this up.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Definetely not fundie. She is very into the gender neutral stuff. Like she doesnt cut her boys hair, and has even dressed them in princess dresses sometimes.

1 hour ago, dharmapunk said:

I have watched a few of her videos and she has not said anything outright fundie in any of them, although I think she mentioned going to church and called the new babies "a blessing". She seems to be super fertile - she already has triplets and another pair of twins. Eight kids from four pregnancies - she could end up with a whole lot of children if she keeps this up.

They are not quiverfull thought, she even got a tubal ligation after the triplets. She had it reversed recently though, because they wanted 2 more kids. She does seem like a baby collector, but not because of religious reasons, more like the Radfords.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, llucie said:

Definetely not fundie. She is very into the gender neutral stuff. Like she doesnt cut her boys hair, and has even dressed them in princess dresses sometimes.

They are not quiverfull thought, she even got a tubal ligation after the triplets. She had it reversed recently though, because they wanted 2 more kids. She does seem like a baby collector, but not because of religious reasons, more like the Radfords.

She started very young as well: I think something like the first at 19, twins at 20 and triplets at 21 and now has had a good few years break and has twins again. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

No., but I saw her on another site and thought people would be interested. Maybe even enjoy the videos as break from the news this week.

She had 4 back to back pregnancies that gave her 6 children. (Three singletons followed by triplets.) She took a break and now she has twins. 

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, dharmapunk said:

She seems to be super fertile - she already has triplets and another pair of twins.

Her three oldest are singletons (Evan, Otto, and Felix). Otto and Felix are not twins. Then she has the triplets (Hank, Rufus, and Pearl), and now the twins (Cosmo and Sylvie). Just the one set of twins.

6 hours ago, llucie said:

She does seem like a baby collector, but not because of religious reasons, more like the Radfords

I'll be interested to see what happens after this pregnancy. There is a 4 year gap between the triplets and twins and she had the tubal ligation after the triplets so both of those things seem less Radford-like to me. I see the similarity with Sue Radford though in that Chloe and Ro became parents quite young and had their first 6 kids very close together (including the triplets), and I think that can lend itself to the parents' identities as adults being strongly tied to being "Mum and Dad".

I like following them on IG and I've bought stuff from their website as gifts for the children of my friends in Australia. They're definitely not fundie and religion is not mentioned a whole lot by them. They may go to church but I don't think their religious beliefs are the foundation of their worldview or life. It's not uncommon in Australia for people to use words like "blessing" and things but be little more than casually religious. They are kind of alternative though- they're vegan and are raising their children vegan, they dress their kids fairly gender neutral, and they homeschool but the homeschooling seems more Montessori or Waldorf-like. Lots of toys that require imagination and creativity rather than branded stuff based on characters from TV and movies, loads of books on the natural world/science/different places and cultures etc, loads of outdoor time. Honestly, I think that kind of schooling for most young (elementary/primary school aged) children is better than the whole "sit down and listen in a crowded classroom" kind.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

The twins are called Cosmo Wilfred and Sylvie Winona. Her other kids are Evan Anthony, Otto Patrick, Felix George, Henry Magnus "Hank", Rufus Murphy and Pearl Miriam. 

I've seen some of their YT videos and get zero fundie vibes...unless being vegan can be considered a religion.

Are the kids' names considered common in Australia?  I wouldn't expect to encounter some of them in the US.

• Upvote 2

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic