1. Annisa Beth b. December 2009
  2. Andrae Cardell b. July 2011
  3. Annistan Breanne b. November 2012
  4. Anjalie Brielle b. December 2013
  5. Andersyn Brooklyn b. July 2015
  6. Aynjel Belle b. December 2016
  7. Ansyr Blue b. February 2018
  8. Anchor Christian b. August 2019

9. Anthym Bliss is due December 31, 2020.

I’ve seen those names so many times and the spellings still make my eyes bleed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Karissa and Mandrae Collins have

1. Annisa Beth b. December 2009
  2. Andrae Cardell b. July 2011
  3. Annistan Breanne b. November 2012
  4. Anjalie Brielle b. December 2013
  5. Andersyn Brooklyn b. July 2015
  6. Aynjel Belle b. December 2016
  7. Ansyr Blue b. February 2018
  8. Anchor Christian b. August 2019

9. Anthym Bliss is due December 31, 2020.

I used to read the STFU, Parents blog back in the day. The author would go to town on names likes this (just to be clear, she was primarily writing about parental oversharing, she wasn't anti-parents).

Karissa is concerning though. I've been following her for a while and she seems to have some issues that won't be solved by birthing more kids.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve seen those names so many times and the spellings still make my eyes bleed. 

The oldest 3 children have names that are not that bad and no random spellings then gradually they get worse and all the obsession with the letter y creeped in. Andersyn Brooklyn just looks horrible with the yn endings for both names and if Angel and Answer were the names instead of Aynjel and Ansyr then they wouldn't be that terrible either. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

The oldest 3 children have names that are not that bad and no random spellings then gradually they get worse and all the obsession with the letter y creeped in. Andersyn Brooklyn just looks horrible with the yn endings for both names and if Angel and Answer were the names instead of Aynjel and Ansyr then they wouldn't be that terrible either. 

It also bothers me that the names are so close and matchy. It’s not just the first letter that matches, but the second too. They all start with “An.” Plus the girls all have middle names that start with B and the boys with C. Their names are all too close. Andersyn and Annistan sound so much alike that they must get mixed up constantly. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I hate all the random spellings too, BUT: If you have an Andersyn, Aynjel, Ansyr, and Anthym, why all of a sudden spell it Anchor, not Anchyr? The inconsistency there is almost worse than the youneek spelling!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Nothing makes me angrier than convincing a woman who is only 5-6 weeks pregnant to go through months of pregnancy, the pain of childbirth, altering her body forever, having to say goodbye to her own perfect baby after only a few minutes and remaining emotionally scarred forever. Instead of having an easy and safe early abortion that very, very few women regret (research says it, not me). 

I'll confess, I actually reached out to Ashley once. Not to be nasty, but genuinely trying to educate her on the danger of what she's doing. And it has little to do with abortion in general, but what will happen to these women if they ever do get places like Planned Parenthood shut down.

My Grampa was born in 1929, at the start of the Great Depression, and he was the fourth of 5 children. His two oldest siblings didn't make it past their first birthday. The first of my great-grandparents children to live was their third child, born in 1927. Grampa followed in 1929 and my Aunt Marion in 1931. In 1934 my great-grandmother got pregnant again. My great-grandad was a farmer and during the Depression he was barely able to feed the children they already had, so they made the choice to terminate the pregnancy. In those days the only option was a "back alley" abortion. They were literally doing abortions on the doctor's kitchen table with the sharpest implement that they had at their disposal. My great-grandmother barely survived and she was never the same again, mentally or physically.

That's what will happen if places like Planned Parenthood are shut down. Desperate women will turn to the old back alley abortions and they will die. I don't believe in abortion so I would never have one. But I would never tell some poor woman in a terrible situation what she should or shouldn't do.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

I hate all the random spellings too, BUT: If you have an Andersyn, Aynjel, Ansyr, and Anthym, why all of a sudden spell it Anchor, not Anchyr? The inconsistency there is almost worse than the youneek spelling!

I think it’s because Anchor is a boy. Names that have the letter ‘y’  in them tend to be thought of as more feminine. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I’ve actually seen “The Y is what makes her a girl!”*

AKA You Fail Genetics Forever.

*From others, not Karissa.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

51 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I’ve actually seen “The Y is what makes her a girl!”*

AKA You Fail Genetics Forever.

*From others, not Karissa.

I bet if this newest fetus was a boy and not a girl, it would be Anthem not Anthym. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It also bothers me that the names are so close and matchy. It’s not just the first letter that matches, but the second too. They all start with “An.” Plus the girls all have middle names that start with B and the boys with C. Their names are all too close. Andersyn and Annistan sound so much alike that they must get mixed up constantly. 

I'm sure in a few years the siblings will be fighting over who gets to be Annie, Andy, and Angie in public.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I just saw on Instagram that Courtneys 5th child turned 6 years old today! I know she has her babys close in age, but it always shocks me again and again. She has 5 nearly 6 kids who are younger than that 6 year old!!:wtsf: My Uterus is now cowering in fear!

Edited by Hazelbunny
Spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'm sure in a few years the siblings will be fighting over who gets to be Annie, Andy, and Angie in public.

I didn't include it before but Anjalie is nicknamed Lele and Andersyn is nicknamed Ande. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thank you! I think what confused me is that she already announced the name, so I thought the baby had been born. 

Since she is having a Christmas baby, maybe her inspiration is Mary and she can also give birth in a cave or a barn or something. 

And she should have called the baby Anjesys Came  .

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

I just saw on Instagram that Courtneys 5th child turned 6 years old today! I know she has her babys close in age, but it always shocks me again and again. She has 5 nearly 6 kids who are younger than that 6 year old!!:wtsf: My Uterus is now cowering in fear!

Courtney makes my brain itch. I know people want to claim they can give all their spawn he attention they need to grow and feel secure and valued, but I see nothing in her existence that makes that true. I will admit she tries, but to have what...11? 12? children under the age of 10 - there is no way in the real world that can happen. Taking one kid at a time shopping or out to Starbucks is not actually giving that kid what he/she needs. No matter what anyone says and no one can ever convince me. 

Without the older ones being pseudo parents, taking on parental responsibility - without someone being neglected, even in a "minor" way, it just can't be done. Especially since they don't have family or friends to be involved - hell, they don't even have anyone to watch the kids while she pushes out another, so daddy is far too preoccupied to be present when another is born. 

Sure, she does better than many fundies in that she has "fun" things planned, and they feed them well and they're sheltered - so their basic needs are met far better than many other baby collectors. 

But, even the best you can do as a baby collector is not equal to what each individual child needs. 

And before anyone goes at me - kids having chores is not the same as a kid being a parent; taking care of the needs of a younger sibling. A kid helping out - running to grab a diaper, put the pizza in the oven, fold your clothes & put them away - is not in any way, shape or form the same as the kids who have to cover their parent's bases. 

Courtney and her googly eyed preacher/church planter/manly man breeding his wife husband are not 100% there for all of their kids. Hell, he's barely present at all as he "church plants". And, really, no matter how it gets spun, if they have too many kids to have a sitter while she gives birth to another, they flat out have too many kids. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

40 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Courtney makes my brain itch. I know people want to claim they can give all their spawn he attention they need to grow and feel secure and valued, but I see nothing in her existence that makes that true. I will admit she tries, but to have what...11? 12? children under the age of 10 - there is no way in the real world that can happen. Taking one kid at a time shopping or out to Starbucks is not actually giving that kid what he/she needs. No matter what anyone says and no one can ever convince me. 

Without the older ones being pseudo parents, taking on parental responsibility - without someone being neglected, even in a "minor" way, it just can't be done. Especially since they don't have family or friends to be involved - hell, they don't even have anyone to watch the kids while she pushes out another, so daddy is far too preoccupied to be present when another is born. 

Sure, she does better than many fundies in that she has "fun" things planned, and they feed them well and they're sheltered - so their basic needs are met far better than many other baby collectors. 

But, even the best you can do as a baby collector is not equal to what each individual child needs. 

And before anyone goes at me - kids having chores is not the same as a kid being a parent; taking care of the needs of a younger sibling. A kid helping out - running to grab a diaper, put the pizza in the oven, fold your clothes & put them away - is not in any way, shape or form the same as the kids who have to cover their parent's bases. 

Courtney and her googly eyed preacher/church planter/manly man breeding his wife husband are not 100% there for all of their kids. Hell, he's barely present at all as he "church plants". And, really, no matter how it gets spun, if they have too many kids to have a sitter while she gives birth to another, they flat out have too many kids. 

I can’t believe she’s considering shipping them all off to North Carolina for her family go watch because she can’t get a sitter during labor. 

• Upvote 10

How many siblings does Courtney have? Do we know anything about her backround? Wouldn't it be much easier if someone from her family came around her due date to help than to ship the kids across the country?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t believe she’s considering shipping them all off to North Carolina for her family go watch because she can’t get a sitter during labor. 

Oh jeez- she's actually considered that?! I thought she was pretty fine with birthing on her own like with past births? I don't understand her nonchalant attitude about birthing alone or how anyone could even seem "fine" about it or how there aren't maybe 3 church members who are able to step in and help out while she's in labor. I've turned up for a friend when she went into labor to help her mother-in-law and she only had 3 kids at home and number 4 was very much her last and I honestly wouldn't hesitate to turn up for anyone I know to help out, so long as I didn't have my own small children at home. Surely flying in family would be better than shipping the others off? Sorry, I missed when she said she is considering that!

@becky_m2001, I agree so much with everything you said. While I'm 100% pro-choice (not anti-life), for as long as this country doesn't have accessible/free birth control for all women and there are "pro-life" conservatives actively campaigning against such a thing, I will never consider the policies as "pro-life". Of course you prioritize the children you have alive, born, cognizant, bonded, and in front of you when you need to choose between who you can and cannot support.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

How many siblings does Courtney have? Do we know anything about her backround? Wouldn't it be much easier if someone from her family came around her due date to help than to ship the kids across the country?

Both she and her husband have a lot of siblings. They both come from big families. I think Courtney would much prefer to be near their family. But I guess god says they need to live out west for some reason. Their only real vacation each year is going back home and staying with family for a few weeks. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone else think of hemorrhoid cream when they see Aynjel?

I know a woman who gave birth to her first child alone and squatting under her favorite tree, and this is what I think of when I hear about unassisted birth.  That child is almost 40 now.  She went on to have 7 more children, all born at home, and I think she used midwives for them.

I caught my former housemate’s baby.  She had planned a home birth with 2 midwives, but she didn’t call them in time for them to get there before the baby was born.  She wouldn’t have made it to the hospital in time either, the baby came too fast.  The midwives showed up just as she was birthing the placenta.

I was a college student at the time, and I missed an anatomy and physiology lab while the baby was being born.  When I called my professor later that day about making up the lab, and told him why I missed it, he said he considered my absence to be an independent study, and was giving me full credit for it.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 5

On 10/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Oh is that what Ansyr is supposed to be? Poor kid. Aynjel is the one that irritates me most, because the deliberate misspelling is the thing that breaks the An- theme. I loathe deliberate misspelling in general, but at least when people do it to make a name fit their stupid theme (I loathe themes too) it makes sense.

• I Agree 6

Susanna Keller Bridges announced on ig that she having a baby in May 8th.

It will be her 2nd overall, 1st with her husband. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Susanna Keller Bridges isn't fundie.

14 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Good for her. I really wish Susanna and her family all the best. 

I agree. 

• Upvote 4

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic