IGNORED

The Replicators: Upcoming Babies 18

Bethella

18 minutes ago, elisa said:

Given that it’s listed under the name Hadji instead of Ashley (which is why I couldn’t find it), I’m going to wait for confirmation that it’s actually hers. I suspect that she’s shared someone else’s registry like @JermajestyDuggar suggested. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Given that it’s listed under the name Hadji instead of Ashley (which is why I couldn’t find it), I’m going to wait for confirmation that it’s actually hers. I suspect that she’s shared someone else’s registry like @JermajestyDuggar suggested. 

Ashley specifically talks about the registry in her Instagram stories today. It's for a mom who "chose life" during the lockdowns and is due in November.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Most fundy Christians like Ashley don't have the name "Hadji"  ?

And Ashley's future baby registries will be waaay more boho trendy

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

Great. They buy/collect baby gear for a newborn. Where are they when that baby gets sick? When that baby starts school? When that baby is 15 & mom can't feed a growing, teenage boy?

I know they think they are helping, but they are doing nothing more than prove they are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. That baby will have to live an entire life and none of them will be anywhere around to help him/her or mom. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

40 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Great. They buy/collect baby gear for a newborn. Where are they when that baby gets sick? When that baby starts school? When that baby is 15 & mom can't feed a growing, teenage boy?

I know they think they are helping, but they are doing nothing more than prove they are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. That baby will have to live an entire life and none of them will be anywhere around to help him/her or mom. 

They usually forget about mom after they make one visit and take a picture of a cute baby as proof that they saved that baby’s life. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 5

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Brooklyn Collingsworth Blair is naming her bun in the oven Wellington Henry Blair. I can’t stand the Collingsworth family because they have always come off as extremely overprivileged, snobby, and pretentious. That name says it all. Wellington is beyond pretentious. 

I read this as Wellington Henry BEAR. It does kind of sound like a teddy bear's name in books written in 1920s or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They usually forget about mom after they make one visit and take a picture of a cute baby as proof that they saved that baby’s life. 

I hate that so much. It's like these people don't even consider things like affording childcare so that a mother can keep her job (or even get one in the current economic climate) or continue in school or go to school or whether said job will pay enough to cover housing, food, childcare, healthcare, general expenses etc. It's almost as though everything after the birth is, in their mind, deserved hardship for (usually) the mother for having a child out of wedlock or to a man who isn't a 'godly provider' or for ever even considering a termination of her pregnancy. Never mind that we're in a recession, in the middle of a global pandemic, 10s of millions of people unexpectedly lost their jobs this year and many more are at risk of eviction. I just want to shake these people who use shame and guilt to change such a difficult decision for so many as it is.

• Upvote 14

Too bad the baby is not getting her name. Wellington Collingsworth sounds like a character from a British sketch.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, Aine said:

I hate that so much. It's like these people don't even consider things like affording childcare so that a mother can keep her job (or even get one in the current economic climate) or continue in school or go to school or whether said job will pay enough to cover housing, food, childcare, healthcare, general expenses etc. It's almost as though everything after the birth is, in their mind, deserved hardship for (usually) the mother for having a child out of wedlock or to a man who isn't a 'godly provider' or for ever even considering a termination of her pregnancy. Never mind that we're in a recession, in the middle of a global pandemic, 10s of millions of people unexpectedly lost their jobs this year and many more are at risk of eviction. I just want to shake these people who use shame and guilt to change such a difficult decision for so many as it is.

If she had chosen Adoption, The Loving Option™️, she wouldn’t have to worry about all that stuff. 

/s

(Just to clarify, I have no problem with adoption as long as it’s actually chosen, and not pressured into by family/clergy/“crisis pregnancy centers.”)

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

If she had chosen Adoption, The Loving Option™️, she wouldn’t have to worry about all that stuff. 

/s

(Just to clarify, I have no problem with adoption as long as it’s actually chosen, and not pressured into by family/clergy/“crisis pregnancy centers.”)

I’m sure Ashley talks a lot about adoption to these women. Her younger siblings are all adopted and she paints a cheery view of it. Like it’s a perfect solution when most women are not going to choose it. 

• Upvote 12

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure Ashley talks a lot about adoption to these women. Her younger siblings are all adopted and she paints a cheery view of it. Like it’s a perfect solution when most women are not going to choose it. 

Nothing makes me angrier than convincing a woman who is only 5-6 weeks pregnant to go through months of pregnancy, the pain of childbirth, altering her body forever, having to say goodbye to her own perfect baby after only a few minutes and remaining emotionally scarred forever. Instead of having an easy and safe early abortion that very, very few women regret (research says it, not me). 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Just saw on instagram that Karissa Collins has decided to have an unassisted birth. Normally I would say that's pretty bad ass and brave. But, I do remember her mentioning there were some health issues with her previous births. She seems to have and answer for every issue that can pop up with each birth or reasons for having more children. No end in sight for this one.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just saw on instagram that Karissa Collins has decided to have an unassisted birth. Normally I would say that's pretty bad ass and brave. But, I do remember her mentioning there were some health issues with her previous births. She seems to have and answer for every issue that can pop up with each birth or reasons for having more children. No end in sight for this one.

I would never call an unassisted birth bad ass and brave. It’s stupid and dangerous.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 23

Oops! Let me get my butt out of hot water quick. All other types of births are bad ass! It's amazing what our bodies can do and go through. What's even more amazing is after all the PAIN, blood, stitches or staples...some of us decide to do it again and maybe a dozen more times. Even with an epidural, there are body parts that will come back to life in a few hours and it doesn't feel great. I fall in that camp of NEVER wanting to do it again.

• Upvote 6

Is there a thread for her? Because I have some observations to discuss.
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I have only heard the term assisted birth in the sense of a forceps or ventouse delivery, called an assisted delivery, so I got confused and couldn't understand why it was dangerous to not have a forceps delivery in general, but apparently here unassisted means without a medical professional. Just in case I wasn't the only one confused (I might well have been). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I have only heard the term assisted birth in the sense of a forceps or ventouse delivery, called an assisted delivery, so I got confused and couldn't understand why it was dangerous to not have a forceps delivery in general, but apparently here unassisted means without a medical professional. Just in case I wasn't the only one confused (I might well have been). 

Thanks. You weren't the only one. ?

Some of my parenting choices put me in the “crunchy” camp (extended breastfeeding, cloth diapers, no circumcision, babywearing, unmedicated birth), and so I have had some contact with some unassisted birthers over the years. They’re an interesting bunch. Thankfully none of them have had anything go wrong, but I feel it’s only a matter of time. Birth can change so quickly. One minute, everything is fine, and the next, there’s a prolapsed cord and baby needs to get out within moments. I truly hope nothing goes wrong with her birth plan, although if it is all perfect, that will just solidify in her mind that it was all “God-ordained.” So idk. What a whack job. 

Edited by G33kywife
Riffles
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Karissa has also been fasting. Apparently god told this was the thing to do. One of these days, all the risky choices she makes will catch up to her. I hope it doesn't end in disaster.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 10

In the US, “unassisted birth” mean you birth at home without any sort of medical professional and not even a lay midwife or doula. Just the mother and possibly her partner for help. 

• Upvote 10

I'm confused I thought Karissa just had a baby. Is she the one with all the An- names?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm confused I thought Karissa just had a baby. Is she the one with all the An- names?

Well she’s quiverful. So in my mind, she did just have a baby. But I think her youngest is 1. Anchor I believe.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well she’s quiverful. So in my mind, she did just have a baby. But I think her youngest is 1. Anchor I believe.

Karissa and Mandrae Collins have

1. Annisa Beth b. December 2009
  2. Andrae Cardell b. July 2011
  3. Annistan Breanne b. November 2012
  4. Anjalie Brielle b. December 2013
  5. Andersyn Brooklyn b. July 2015
  6. Aynjel Belle b. December 2016
  7. Ansyr Blue b. February 2018
  8. Anchor Christian b. August 2019

9. Anthym Bliss is due December 31, 2020.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 11

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

Karissa and Mandrae Collins have

1. Annisa Beth b. December 2009
  2. Andrae Cardell b. July 2011
  3. Annistan Breanne b. November 2012
  4. Anjalie Brielle b. December 2013
  5. Andersyn Brooklyn b. July 2015
  6. Aynjel Belle b. December 2016
  7. Ansyr Blue b. February 2018
  8. Anchor Christian b. August 2019

9. Anthym Bliss is due December 31, 2020.

Thank you! I think what confused me is that she already announced the name, so I thought the baby had been born. 

Since she is having a Christmas baby, maybe her inspiration is Mary and she can also give birth in a cave or a barn or something. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic