IGNORED

MckMama Denounces Masks! For Freedom! or Something

starfish

On 9/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, tankgirl said:

That woman has claimed to have lost so much weight over the years, but when people see unedited photos, in the past, she never lost anything. If any of those things worked every one would be thin, but it's just more thin wallets, you get from buying that junk, and MLM types just keep tweaking their photos so you will believe anything.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:57 PM, starfish said:

I suspect her weight loss photos are heavily edited but I thought it was just me being skeptical 

On 9/8/2020 at 7:31 AM, tankgirl said:

No way! At least back in the day, you would see these posts, of her saying, " look at me losing all this weight, with my snake oil", then at conventions for the snake oil, you would see her in a group shot or hanging out and suddenly, you would see just how much editing and tweaking angles she was doing. 

This one ex-member of a similar MLM , Beachbody , has said as much , starting at around seven minutes .   

Spoiler

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

She clearly had some weight loss procedure (documented with a selfie in the hospital bed, but she never said what the little procedure was) over a year ago because suddenly the pounds just started disappearing. People suspect it was the reversible procedure, where they insert a balloon and leave it in place until your eating habits have changed. I think she claimed to have dropped 80 pounds, and then she had a tummy tuck and breast lift. There were loads of selfies until she started packing on the pounds again, and suddenly nothing. But photos taken of her in the wild show she is definitely up over 200# again, and growing.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Funny how the fear mongering she is doing doesn't seem to matter.

I’ve been reading about people not wanting to get the vaccine (because boredom). And most are not die hard anti-Vaxxers. Sure there are the usual small group of anti-Vaxxers. But there is a good sized group of people unsure about the vaccine because it’s new. And some people are just naturally very cautious about anything new. Once people they know start getting the vaccine and they see they are fine, they will then be open to getting it as well. People have been polled for months asking if they would get the vaccine. It’s been steadily going up each time people are polled. I imagine it will go up enough to hit herd immunity. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 12/30/2020 at 5:30 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been reading about people not wanting to get the vaccine (because boredom). And most are not die hard anti-Vaxxers. Sure there are the usual small group of anti-Vaxxers. But there is a good sized group of people unsure about the vaccine because it’s new. And some people are just naturally very cautious about anything new. Once people they know start getting the vaccine and they see they are fine, they will then be open to getting it as well. People have been polled for months asking if they would get the vaccine. It’s been steadily going up each time people are polled. I imagine it will go up enough to hit herd immunity. 

Well, hell. Back in the summer if I had been polled I would have taken the "not sure" option. The more I learn about the current vaccines the more comfortable i feel about getting it. Unfortunately, it will be a while yet.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Jennifer sent me off to banned camp years ago for liking a comment on her page so I've only browsed her Instagram since then. One of the best things I did for myself this year was tell my site-blocker extension to not let me visit the MckFacts site, which I sometimes did reflexively when she IG'd something particularly offensive. I quickly lost interest in my favorite hate-read when I could no longer snark on it. Life is good.

4 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Well, hell. Back in the summer if I had been polled I would have taken the "not sure" option. The more I learn about the current vaccines the more comfortable i feel about getting it. Unfortunately, it will be a while yet.

I would have had serious reservations about receiving any vaccine that was approved before the November election. Now I'm not so worried.

Yes, two people have died after receiving the vaccine. Both were nursing home patients. One death had absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine; the other one they have not yet confirmed the cause of death. Sounds like Jennifer has flipped from Fox to Newsmax or OANN.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

Well, I am deathly allergic to Penicillin. I've had issues with most antibiotics my entire life. Shit happens. I do not suggest the rest of the world stay away from Penicillin because it could kill me. I do not rant & rave about antibiotics and say they shouldn't exist & no one should ever use them because I can't. 

I had a bad reaction to a tetanus booster. I'd had them before with no problems but when I was cut by a random sharp piece of metal on a beach, I was given another. I was sick for days with a fever & nausea & basically feeling like death. I do not cry to the world that no one should ever get a tetanus shot because I had a bad reaction. 

Basically, yes, people have issues with lots and lots of things that the majority of the population does not. When dealing with public health, the only choice is "the greater good" because the world does not exist in a vacuum of black & white, one or two, yes or no. 

Anti vaxers are among those I hold the most contempt for in the world. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

#2 son is also allergic to Penicillin. However, just because he is allergic to it doesn't mean that anyone else can't take it if it's appropriate. Grandson is lactose intolerant. However, that doesn't mean nobody in the house can have milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. 

I can only choose for me and for my family (within reason, while they're under age). Beyond that...you do you. If eating enough yogurt to trash your intestines is your thing, go for it (guilty as charged). 

I really hate when other people think they can make decisions for me (see pro-lifers)

• Upvote 5

What she wrote is actually something that concerns me in general with all kinds of fake news, but mainly medical related stuff.

This "changes things on a cellular level" bit mainly. I've heard from people who believe it changes your DNA. They read mRNA and think it builds into your DNA. I get the same vibe from that "cellular level" thing.

I am all for being sceptical and doing your research. But not believing medical research and actual official numbers and then believing EVERY bullshit spewed by random people on the web with no scientific background WITHOUT EVEN UNDERSTANDING WHAT DNA AND RNA ARE.....that just...I don't even know...

I am personally not afraid of the vaccine at all but I understand people who have reservation based on its newness. That's fine.

I believe the media should maybe do segments explaining what vaccines are and how they really work and also explain that they do not get metabolized like "regular" meds and thus in general have a shorter testing phase (the covid one was really pushed along, true, but mainly because financing it was not even a concern and all the bureaucracy was sped through...tests were done on a way larger scale than normal AND reactions to vaccines happen IMMEDIATELY and not delayed (Think 1-3 days not months), so this is not really concerning).

I myself had a reaction to a vaccine once because my immune system was very compromised at the time and thus reacted to the meningitis vaccine with a light form of meningitis which still made me horribly ill (We were ot realising it was this bad or I would have waited). Shit happens. But very rarely do reactions really get more severe than the disease they are preventing (and then it is mainly allergies to one of the carrier substances) and I do not understand fearing something that has such a low chance of harming me and risking catching a virus that has a WAY higher chance of death in all age groups than that AND an even higher risk of long term harm to my organs with unknown magnitude.

Thanks for coming to my rant

Edit: just looked it up, there are 11 cases of anaphylaxis per 1 mil cases of the vaccine being given (no deaths) Source. And over 70% of those occured within 15 mins of the vaccination, so likely medical personnel to help would still be nearby. This is NEGLIGIBLE compared to roughly 1000 to 1200 covid DEATHS per million cases. But I've found logic does not help with these people :(

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Vaccine reactions are not limited to just humans either. Sadie got a couple today and the vet specifically told me to watch out for adverse reactions, similar to human ones. She did not have any, so far, however the vet did say it can take up to 72 hours for a reaction to show. That doesn't mean I think that IF she has a reaction then no dogs should get the rabies or distemper shots. 

#2 son has a horrible allergic reaction to penicillin. He's not had it since he was a baby when the reaction first showed. Thing is, just because he had a reaction, I don't go around telling people they should not take it. That's some bullshit. I got allergy shots for awhile and the first doses had to be cut by like 1/4 because I reacted to the small first dose. Benedryl shots in the ass hurt like fire. However, I am still a proponent of allergy shots for allergies that can't really be controlled by OTC meds. 

These people are fucking idiots who will believe any woo that comes down the pike. As far as the COVID vaccine...shoot my ass up, please! If I react, I react. Probably nothing that a shot of epinephrine and benedryl won't cure. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Vaccine reactions are not limited to just humans either. Sadie got a couple today and the vet specifically told me to watch out for adverse reactions, similar to human ones. She did not have any, so far, however the vet did say it can take up to 72 hours for a reaction to show. That doesn't mean I think that IF she has a reaction then no dogs should get the rabies or distemper shots. 

Same with my bunnies. It is mainly the carrier substances that humans and animals can be allergic to in rare cases (and a reaction to the injected virus sometimes, usually not dangerous). One of my rabbits once had needle necrosis (not sure if that is the english term) from a vaccine (can happen from any injected meds though). Bunny was fine, just lost a little bit of skin that healed quickly.

And as you said, many people have allergies. There are people allergic to WATER, you can basically be allergic to ANYTHING. So of course people can be allergic to substances in the vaccine. But as current data (and data on longer established vaccines) shows, this is negligible and WAY lower than reactions to some pain meds and antibiotics (and many have NO issue OVERusing those in many cases). If a person generally is more susceptible to allergic reactions or had one to a vaccine before, they of course should be careful and consult their doctor beforehand.

But I've also found that those who have medical reasons to be a bit more careful about their own vaccination risks are usually still vaccine proponents and neither believe in bullshit nor are fearmongering. It's always the ones who would be absolutely fine who are antivax ?

Edit: Oh and to get back on topic, mckmama was shilling non FDA approved "diet" pills through an MLM, right? If I remember it even had substances in there that could REALLY be harmful if accumulating in the body through long term consumption. And she stuffs her face with fast food that has a LOT of dyes and whatever else in it. But a vaccine made in a lab by scientists under the highest standards that is NOT METABOLIZED, so it doesn't have any impact on your organs and/or can accumulate there....or change you on a "cellular level" is really suspicious? Too bad mental gymnastics don't burn calories, or she would have no need for dieting ever again :P

Edited by Babsi
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Babsi said:

And as you said, many people have allergies. There are people allergic to WATER, you can basically be allergic to ANYTHING. So of course people can be allergic to substances in the vaccine. But as current data (and data on longer established vaccines) shows, this is negligible and WAY lower than reactions to some pain meds and antibiotics (and many have NO issue OVERusing those in many cases). If a person generally is more susceptible to allergic reactions or had one to a vaccine before, they of course should be careful and consult their doctor beforehand.

Yes. I have a horrible adverse side effect to morphine/morphine derivatives. Severe abdominal pain, like feeling like someone put my shitty gall bladder back in. It is in the list of possible adverse effects. So, instead of screaming about it, I just tell whoever's prescribing that I can't take that med and why. The list of side effects and number of adverse reactions to OTC meds is probably much longer than the list for vaccines. I mean, who knew that Tylenol can destroy your liver? 

One should be aware of any adverse effects they have to any medicine/vaccine/OTC whatever. Then, make sure they do what they can to avoid it. But telling someone else they shouldn't have whatever just because someone had an adverse reaction, come on...isn't that like the "pro-lifers" who claim that having an abortion is against THEIR beliefs therefore no one should have one???

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

36 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The list of side effects and number of adverse reactions to OTC meds is probably much longer than the list for vaccines. I mean, who knew that Tylenol can destroy your liver? 

True, and though those non-allergic side effects are rare, especially the serious ones (more likely the longer you have to take them but still rare) this is exactly what I was referring to as meds are metabolized, mainly by the liver and kidneys to get rid of the toxins and the residual product. Explains why many meds can (longtime) damage your liver or kidneys. Vaccines are literally only the (active or inactive) virus plus carrier substances to, well, CARRY the virus. The immune system then deals with the tiny amount of virus and "remembers" it. Unless one reacts to the carrier substances basically immediately (the effect might only be noticeable in 1-3 days but the body will react immediately to the allergen) your body and organs will not be impacted at all by the vaccine. But I've heard people claim the headache they got one week after a vaccine was caused by it and then there is the autism debate, and one nurse who got the vaccine had a 102 F fever for 24 hours (and then was fine btw :P ) and Bill Gates will microchip us all and so on and so forth.

By the time I can receive the vaccine, in like 10 months, I fully expect to get turned in to some sort of Corona-Mutant-Creature through the changed DNA...hopefully I gain cool superpowers :D:D:D

Edit: @feministxtian forgot to add: sorry you had that unpleasant reaction, this sounds excruciating! I hope you never have to experience that again ❤️

Edited by Babsi
  • I Agree 3

Re: penicillin/ "-cillin" reactions

A few years ago I went to Cleveland Clinic to get confirmation that I have a sun allergy. While they were doing all the testing, they asked me about my amoxicillin reaction when I was kid (really bad hives and my organs were started to swell) they said if I hadn't had a reaction in 10 years or more I could get tested. I got the test and it showed I am no longer allergic. It might be something to look into for some of you that reactions over a decade ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Re: penicillin/ "-cillin" reactions

A few years ago I went to Cleveland Clinic to get confirmation that I have a sun allergy. While they were doing all the testing, they asked me about my amoxicillin reaction when I was kid (really bad hives and my organs were started to swell) they said if I hadn't had a reaction in 10 years or more I could get tested. I got the test and it showed I am no longer allergic. It might be something to look into for some of you that reactions over a decade ago. 

Only recently have I begun to be asked if I've "tried" Penicillin since my reaction - I was a toddler. It was bad, I was hospitalized. 

My only answer has been that no, I have not tried again because, why would I? Why would I do something that could potentially kill me just because I "might" not be allergic "anymore". I have lived roughly 51 years without it and have not suffered. There are plenty of other antibiotics & again, in over 50 years of infections that are part of life, I have not died for lack of penicillin. And, given I have some troubles with all antibiotics in general - nothing life threatening, just weird side effects, I think there is enough evidence to err on the side of caution and just continue on, without Penicillin in my life. 

That's not to say you're wrong if you get tested to see - it's just to say that even the idea of "are you still allergic" was never even floated by any medical professional in my whole life, until very recently. I find it weird. Not wrong, just weird and nothing I need to do anything about. 

• Upvote 2

@fundiefan i totally understand! The doctor told my parents the only reason I wasn't admitted was because it was Christmas morning and I hadn't open presents.  But we had to go back each day for a check or sooner if I got a little worse.

I would suggest any woman that is wanting to be pregnant might want to get tested to see if they are no longer allergic. I found out I was  rh+ (I think that is what it was called) and they want to give you antibiotic (if time) prior to giving birth so the baby gets it. The nurse told me she didn't know what they gave me a certain antibiotic because it doesn't transfer the uterine wall but penicillin/amoxicillin does so they should have just given it to he baby after she was born. My memory is a little foggy on this it was nearly 17 years ago. My point, talk to your doctor about why you might want to know if you are still allergic. It kind of makes sense as kids often grow out of food allergies. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Only recently have I begun to be asked if I've "tried" Penicillin since my reaction - I was a toddler. It was bad, I was hospitalized. 

#2 boychild has been asked this. He refuses to take Penicillin period. A doctor tried to talk him into it at an ER visit and #2 boychild went almost ballistic. He told the doc "look, I had a reaction to it once, I'm not about to see if I can do it twice". He's stuck to his guns and I'm rather proud of him for it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@fundiefan i totally understand! The doctor told my parents the only reason I wasn't admitted was because it was Christmas morning and I hadn't open presents.  But we had to go back each day for a check or sooner if I got a little worse.

I would suggest any woman that is wanting to be pregnant might want to get tested to see if they are no longer allergic. I found out I was  rh+ (I think that is what it was called) and they want to give you antibiotic (if time) prior to giving birth so the baby gets it. The nurse told me she didn't know what they gave me a certain antibiotic because it doesn't transfer the uterine wall but penicillin/amoxicillin does so they should have just given it to he baby after she was born. My memory is a little foggy on this it was nearly 17 years ago. My point, talk to your doctor about why you might want to know if you are still allergic. It kind of makes sense as kids often grow out of food allergies. 

Did you test positive for Strep B?  I had my baby 23 years ago, and because I had tested positive for Strep B and it could be transferred to the baby, I received antibiotics during labor and until she was delivered.   I remember that a few years before that I had heard stories of women losing their babies to pneumonia (?) after they were born, and that's how they figured out that antibiotics during labor/delivery would solve the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Did you test positive for Strep B?  I had my baby 23 years ago, and because I had tested positive for Strep B and it could be transferred to the baby, I received antibiotics during labor and until she was delivered.   I remember that a few years before that I had heard stories of women losing their babies to pneumonia (?) after they were born, and that's how they figured out that antibiotics during labor/delivery would solve the problem.

Thank you! That was it! And the nurse in my case said some antibiotics don't work (aren't strong enough) and that the penicillin/amoxicillin are the best. I don't know if that is true. I'm not medically trained. ?

• Upvote 1

I had read about the penicillin testing last May. I'll have my allergist test me when life is a little more normal. I figure a few hives where they test will be ok but no way would I take it again prior to being tested... hives EVERYWHERE in June and still had strep. That sucked when I was 15 and they told my mom I could have penicillin because the allergy isn't hereditary. Meh. Whole damn family has had reactions. I wouldn let my kids get it especially after they reacted to amoxicillin but I'll have them tested too now that I know it is available. 

20 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I found out I was  rh+ (I think that is what it was called) and they want to give you antibiotic (if time) prior to giving birth so the baby gets it.

jep, strep b sounds right. Rh-factor is only a problem if the pregnant woman is rh- and the baby is rh+. The Rhesus-Factor are basically little protein-bits on the red blood cells. If those are absent, one is rhesus-negative. It's a part of your blood type (think A+ vs A-). First pregnancy with a rh+ baby is no problem, but due to exposure to babys blood during birth, the mothers body then creates antibodies against rh+ (as it is seen as a foreign substance). Thus in subsequent pregnancies rh+ embryos will be attacked by the immune system and often miscarried or severely compromised (rh- is a recessive trait, so if the father has a positive blood type it is highly likely the baby will express as rh+). Nowadays pregnant women get screened for it and recieve the antibodies shortly before birth through injection, so every rh+ blood cell from baby gets blocked with the antibodies and the mother won't build her own. Highly interesting and unfortunately historically a main reason for pregnancy and infant loss.

If you are rh+ you are fine though :)

...sorry for the science lesson, I LOVED genetics in biology class ?

Edited by Babsi
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Babsi said:

jep, strep b sounds right. Rh-factor is only a problem if the pregnant woman is rh- and the baby is rh+. The Rhesus-Factor are basically little protein-bits on the red blood cells. If those are absent, one is rhesus-negative. It's a part of your blood type (think A+ vs A-). First pregnancy with a rh+ baby is no problem, but due to exposure to babys blood during birth, the mothers body then creates antibodies against rh+ (as it is seen as a foreign substance). Thus in subsequent pregnancies rh+ embryos will be attacked by the immune system and often miscarried or severely compromised (rh- is a recessive trait, so if the father has a positive blood type it is highly likely the baby will express as rh+). Nowadays pregnant women get screened for it and recieve the antibodies shortly before birth through injection, so every rh+ blood cell from baby gets blocked with the antibodies and the mother won't build her own. Highly interesting and unfortunately historically a main reason for pregnancy and infant loss.

If you are rh+ you are fine though :)

...sorry for the science lesson, I LOVED genetics in biology class ?

Yeah, I was the problem child lol I am RH+ and Mum was negative so she got the shot and told me about it growing up. The positive was I knew that was never going to be my issue because it doesn't go the other way. 

• Upvote 3

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a toddler, and then another (way worse) reaction to amoxicillin around seven years ago. An allergist recently told me I should be tested again to make sure I'm really allergic to penicillin and I was like, "Yeah, I'm good."

If I wasn't worried about anaphylaxis I'd do it, though!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see the video of her son today, he's playing basketball and supposedly collapses from lack of oxygen because of the required mask. I have watched it about 5 times and truly, he looks like he throws himself on the floor.

Edited by NurseNell
fat fingers typing too fast
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1