IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

I started thinking about this a couple of weeks ago, but, Jinger and Jeremy are starting to look like televangelists. I noticed it especially on one of their promo pics for their podcast.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Jeremy retweeted this- I’m sure it appeals to his vanity.

’soccer star’- sure about that? Admittedly I’m not in the US but I follow EPL - he’s never hit the radar. 
Texas pastor- ok- though with a congregation of about 20.

Married a great gal from a godly family- surely he means got lucky and married a woman featured on a TLC show who was  keen to get away from Arkansas 

Global- er, well I suppose in the sense TLC is global- not sure most people would recognise him though.

He really is full of it. 

2A91CA50-E31F-4F36-B6A4-FF162E9F3519.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 2

How strong a beard game relate to the others? I mean I maybe can get that someone sees it as a life goal, but compared to the rest seems like he ran out of things to say and just throw it there...anyway I really can stand him. I remember when he first shows I was full of hope, he came from a smaller wordly (way more than the Duggars anyway) family, and his brother and sister were very mainstream. Now just his face make want to scratch 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Jeremy retweeted this- I’m sure it appeals to his vanity.

’soccer star’- sure about that? Admittedly I’m not in the US but I follow EPL - he’s never hit the radar. 

To make an MLS roster he must have been considered a "star" on his club team and small-time college team, and maybe even at Syracuse, but he was certainly never a star in the way that general soccer fans would know his name. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

How strong a beard game relate to the others?

I am just laughing about this because I know what a beard is in another context, one that would make fundies heads explode!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 24

Jeremy was a back up to a back up keeper for his MLS team. He is, in no way, shape, or form a soccer star. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Jeremy was a back up to a back up keeper for his MLS team. He is, in no way, shape, or form a soccer star. 

I used to go to a lot of soccer games back in the 80s with my friends. We were gaga for all the players, back up goalies included! lol!  So while not "star", if I met one of the lesser known Chicago Sting players today, I would probably faint! 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I used to go to a lot of soccer games back in the 80s with my friends. We were gaga for all the players, back up goalies included! lol!  So while not "star", if I met one of the lesser known Chicago Sting players today, I would probably faint! 

Trust me, I am a HUGE NY Red Bulls fan, the team he was "on". I've been following them since they were the MetroStars. I love their (former) keeper, Luis Robles, who was featured on the show. I was a season ticket holder before moving away from NJ. I've done meet and greets with the team and coaching staff. I had NEVER heard of Jeremy Vuolo until their courtship was announced.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 12

I honestly would love to know how the heck he got to play in a Finnish team. Like, who the scouted him? On a Finnish level he must be good, but in a larger scale he's probably rather mediocre.

Edit: had to go and check his wikipedia page. He didn't score a single league goal, spent only a year on the team. Eleven clean sheets, whatever that means. The year he was in the team was the one of the two times AC Oulu got up to Veikkausliiga, Finland's highest league, but dropped back to Ykkönen after that season.

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

I honestly would love to know how the heck he got to play in a Finnish team. Like, who the scouted him? On a Finnish level he must be good, but in a larger scale he's probably rather mediocre.

Edit: had to go and check his wikipedia page. He didn't score a single league goal, spent only a year on the team. Eleven clean sheets, whatever that means. The year he was in the team was the one of the two times AC Oulu got up to Veikkausliiga, Finland's highest league, but dropped back to Ykkönen after that season.

Jeremy was a goalkeeper so it’s fair enough that he didn’t score any goals. A clean sheet is a match where the goalkeeper didn’t allow the opposition to score any goals.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 15
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

Jeremy was a goalkeeper so it’s fair enough that he didn’t score any goals. A clean sheet is a match where the goalkeeper didn’t allow the opposition to score any goals.

Oh God LMAO XD

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

On 9/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

John MacArthur was given a new hearing for defying COVID orders. This hearing is set for November 13th. 

John MacArthur November 13th

Now that the President has covid I wonder if they will stop beating this drum with quite as much vigour

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Trump has only just been diagnosed. If he been placed in the ICU, maybe he would pump the brakes. They may spin it as being like bronchitis, with proper medical intervention likely to make a full recovery with minimal complications. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Trump has only just been diagnosed. If he been placed in the ICU, maybe he would pump the brakes. They may spin it as being like bronchitis, with proper medical intervention likely to make a full recovery with minimal complications. 

In fact it will play right into Trump's narrative about Covid if he recovers well - "see, it's not worse than a flu"

On the other hand, Boris Johnson does seem to have had a hard time with Covid, which drastically changed how he approached the situation.

Time will tell, but with Trump I always expect the worst. And am then once again surprised when he somehow manages to be worse than the worst.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

I'm soccer ignorant... does it count as a 'clean sweep' if the opposing team never got the ball within the boundaries of the goal area? Or is it a 'clean sweep' only if the goalie stopped at least one point from scoring for the opposing team?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I'm soccer ignorant... does it count as a 'clean sweep' if the opposing team never got the ball within the boundaries of the goal area? Or is it a 'clean sweep' only if the goalie stopped at least one point from scoring for the opposing team?

A clean sheet is not conceding any goals, regardless if the other team shot on target or not.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

Thanks so much, @front hugs > duggs. So Jeremy could have prevented 20+ goals from scoring and be the STAR! he thinks he is, or he could have prevented zero goals from scoring and be like... well, me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

I know nothing of the MLS but generally a clean sheet is a very good thing as ‘goal difference’ counts towards your league place ie if both teams are on 50 points then the team that has the greater difference between goals scored and conceded is placed higher. 
Jeremy was a minor figure in soccer - but I’ll let him have his claim to fame. The fact remains  that everything else he claims to be is firmly hitched to his pursuit of a Duggar woman.

• Upvote 8

The soccer conversation is more interesting than these two. I even forgot that she was pregnant. They all run together now.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

I saw someone mentioned in the Dillard thread that J and J also did a Q and A. I came here for a summary. Apparently it was just as dull as they are. 

• Haha 10

27 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I saw someone mentioned in the Dillard thread that J and J also did a Q and A. I came here for a summary. Apparently it was just as dull as they are. 

It's their podcast, so no video. I don't know that anyone on any site I frequent has listened to it.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

The soccer conversation is more interesting than these two. I even forgot that she was pregnant. They all run together now.

Clear proof that he's a star! It's all we can talk right now!

• Haha 10

• samurai_sarah locked this topic