IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

Jinger's due date was five days ago. I bet she already gave birth and they haven't announced yet... Wonder what they're waiting for?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Jinger's due date was five days ago. I bet she already gave birth and they haven't announced yet... Wonder what they're waiting for?

Cover of People?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I’ve no idea what the pandemic rules are where they are but is there a chance they are relaxed for Thanksgiving and they’ll release the pictures of all the attending Duggars so it doesn’t look like they’re breaking the rules? 

LA relax the rules for Thanksgiving?  ::snort::    People are being begged not to gather.

California is in the midst of an overall rollback.  Even outdoor dining is being shutdown. 

A return to Safer at Home is being considered.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Cover of People?

Maybe the baby is late and the doctor doesn’t see a need to induce yet. My DD was 10 days late.

Edited by Angelface
Not finished the post
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

I hope you dont mind me asking but I need to know! ok so we (UK) say Buoy as boy and buoyant as boy-ant.

Ive heard it pronounced on American TV shows as Boo ee, is that right? But what about buoyant? Do you say boo-ee-ant or

boy-ant? 

Hahaha I forgot that one.

Thanks for asking. Usually when I see that word written in print, my mind is like: boo-o-oy? ? (which I kind of suspected wasn't right)

• I Agree 1

Here's one I remember from childhood.  The non-native-American English speakers might enjoy this or might throw virtual tomatoes at me.

GHOTI is pronounced "fish".

How so?

Spoiler

GH as in rough, tough

Spoiler

O as in women

Spoiler

TI as in perfection, absolution

*ducks and runs*

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, viii said:

Canadian here (in the prairies) and we say boo-ee and boy-ant. Go figure, lol. 

Also a Canadian prairie girl and I’ve said boy and boy-ant. I’ve heard a few people switch and use American pronunciations but not many. 

8 hours ago, medimus said:

Lieutenant is also a fun one (on the military theme). I know Americans say loo ten unt, but Brits say lef ten ant which is also completely out of left field. Canadians? Australians? Anywhere else?

Lef ten ant. 

• Upvote 2

The word "water" is another one that can sound different depending on where you are. I live in the suburbs of Philly and my whole family pronounces it "wood-er." We only very rarely pronounce it "correctly." I would get weird looks in college (I went to school in DC) when I would say it. It's one of the words where my accent comes through the most.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Also a Canadian prairie girl and I’ve said boy and boy-ant. I’ve heard a few people switch and use American pronunciations but not many. 

Lef ten ant. 

Aussies are meant to say leg ten ant because that’s how our military say it. But I know many that say it the American way because of the spelling and movies. 
my gripe is Aussie spelling of jail is Gaol and nowhere in media etc uses it. Minor but just me. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Angelface said:

Maybe the baby is late and the doctor doesn’t see a need to induce yet. My DD was 10 days late.

I was wondering about that. Last time she was induced because she and her doctor thought it best. If her current doctor doesn’t see any health concern they might not support an unwarranted induction. 
That said- I believe baby is already here.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I was wondering about that. Last time she was induced because she and her doctor thought it best. If her current doctor doesn’t see any health concern they might not support an unwarranted induction. 
That said- I believe baby is already here.

I agree - I can’t see the Duggars gathering en masse unless there was a photo shoot or filming opportunity.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

If they baby would not have been born yet I would expect some social media presence from either of them in the last few days.  But Jinger hasn't posted in over a week and Jeremy in two days when Jordyn was over (probably for the birth). I don't follow them so I don't know if they did stories in the meantime but it looks like the baby is already there.

I guess they are waiting for the best media opportunity and the announcement of Whitney Bates might even push it further.

• Upvote 1

With these two waiting more than a day or two will just make it look like they were waiting for better press & that can really blow up in their face, they are already on thin ice with their poser lifestyle. I'm inclined to believe she just went past her due date. Dr's in LA are much less likely to induce "just because my sister had a big baby" than they are in other areas. Jill & Jessa were late with 4 of their 5 kids Joy went into labor on her due date w/ G and had to be induced the day after her due date w/ E because of low levels of fluid or a failing placenta or maybe both. 

Total speculation here! Maybe Jinger is planning a homebirth this time. I personally would consider it to avoid the hospital right now, no way in hell I'd want to go anywhere near a hospital if I wasn't dying. She's got a proven birth canal and has prenatal care, she could be an excellent candidate for a home birth barring any complications, she is under no obligation to tell us about, as long as she's got a real midwife, I think it would be safer than a COVID infested hospital. 

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Evangeline right after Joy named her daughter Evelyn. 

How very pretentious, I expect nothing less from them.  How ever I'm sure anything they pick would come across as pretentious because they are. I would probably think this was a cute name coming from just about anyone else. 

• Upvote 2

I love the name Evangeline but not that combination. Josephina or Josephine would have flowed much better 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

To avoid extra clicks. 

Jinger Vuolo, formerly Jinger Duggar, and her husband, Jeremy, are the proud parents of a healthy baby girl.

The two told TODAY Parents Wednesday morning their second child, Evangeline Jo, had arrived “quickly and safely” on Sunday night.

“We’ve got good news!” they said in an exclusive statement to TODAY Parents. “Jinger is recovering very well, enjoying finally being able to hold her little angel.”

They said Evangeline means “good news” and Jo is in honor of Jeremy’s middle name, Joseph. She was born a healthy 7 pounds late Sunday night.

The Vuolos are also parents to Felicity, 2.

Jinger Vuolo and husband Jeremy with their new baby girl (TLC / Counting On)

“As for Felicity, she is in love with her little sister but has no idea how much sharing is in her future,” the parents said in the statement. “We are so grateful to God for this beautiful gift!”

Jinger Vuolo has said previously she was excited to have two girls.

"The bond that sisters share is unique, and one I cherish every day. After all these years, they’re still my best friends! I’m glad God’s giving that gift for Felicity to enjoy. As for me and Jeremy, we’ll definitely have our hands full! But there’s nothing else we’d rather carry," she wrote in her pregnancy announcement in May.

Vuolo experienced a miscarriage last fall, the couple told People earlier this year.

Jinger Vuolo and Evangeline Jo (TLC / Counting On)

"The morning after we announced to family that we were expecting, Jinger woke up and, woke me up very early in the morning, saying that she thought she lost the baby,” Jeremy, 32, told the magazine. "We found out later that day that she had. That was very difficult and definitely a trial for us.”

Jinger is the sixth child of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, stars of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting." She's also one of the stars of the TLC reality series, "Counting On." She married Jeremy, a former soccer pro, in November 2016.

Jinger looks exhausted.  

d9d630df79fb2fb7c3667181e17c7c98.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

I don’t think the names are super similar but I’m wondering about the nicknames because in my head the nickname for Evangeline would also be Evy. I guess they could come up with another one but I can’t think of one right now. Angie?

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t think the names are super similar but I’m wondering about the nicknames because in my head the nickname for Evangeline would also be Evy. I guess they could come up with another one but I can’t think of one right now. Angie?

Gel (DD has a friend whose name is Angelica and they call her Gel), Linnie (Lynnie), Lena.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Gel (DD has a friend whose name is Angelica and they call her Gel), Linnie (Lynnie), Lena.  

Lissy and Linnie

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I love the name Evangeline, but agree that the middle name does not match well. I wonder if they had it picked out before Joy picked/announced the name Evelyn. 

My mom was so mad when her cousin named her daughter a name very similar to mine (same prefix, different last 3 letters). I was already a year old by the time she was born, so my mom’s cousin deliberately named her daughter similarly. Then they called her by her middle name so as to not confuse us. With the Duggars having babies so close together, there’s no way to know who picked names first or whether anyone gets to call “dibs” on names haha

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic