IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My cousin was upset that we named our daughter Kathryn, after my grandmother. She had just had a baby and had named her Kaitlin, which to me is a totally different name. Except when we both did the nickname thing, which indeed was the same (Katie). We only see each other maybe once every five years. I don't think it matters, especially for second cousins. I do feel bad that it bugged her though and had I known it would we could've just picked a different name. 

I have a similar story. My cousin and I both have a Catherine. It’s a family name. Her daughter goes by Catherine and mine by Cate. We haven’t seen them in years. So not a huge deal.  I named my daughter first and it never bothered me that she chose Catherine as well. We both love the same grandmother and both wanted to honor her when naming our daughters. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

We can still think of her as Miss Vanjie in our heads... or here.

Just like Spurgeon will always be Spongebob, I will always think of her as Miss Vanjie. Miss. Vanjie. Miss... Vaaaanjie

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Someone on reddit figured out how to get into Jinger and Jeremy's new password protected merch website, and they posted a bunch of screenshots. Lots of bible quotes explaining the inspiration behind the designs - clearly there is no greater calling for the word of God than shilling products.

(Apologies and credit to AshDuke on reddit)

1uua430ddu161.jpg

Are these products meant to compliment the podcast?  Like if you're not wearing an overpriced jesus hat and burning an overpriced jesus candle then you're not getting the full benefits of our jesus podcast?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The merchandise is awful- who the hell wants a Jinger & Jeremy candle??

The same people who want a pendant Kody designed for Christine from Our Sister Wives Closet?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

The merchandise is awful- who the hell wants a Jinger & Jeremy candle??

I just took a peek. It's way, way worse than I imagined. 

For $10 I can go to the dollar store and get two knit caps, two baseball caps, two hair bows, two whatever the other hair thingy is, and two Jesus candles.
Score!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

While Jeremy may have heard of Longfellow's poem Evangeline about the expulsion of the French Canadians from Acadia and how Evangeline sought her love Gabriel ,  I doubt that any of the Duggars have. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

They went the pretentious route. Not surprised.

To quote Shelby  from Steel Magnolias:

Mama always said that an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21

The Emmylou Harris version of the song “Evangeline” keeps going through my head when the baby is discussed, but that’s not how it’s pronounced. Funny that the person who asked didn’t even guess the correct pronunciation. 

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Left a word out
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

While Jeremy may have heard of Longfellow's poem Evangeline about the expulsion of the French Canadians from Acadia and how Evangeline sought her love Gabriel ,  I doubt that any of the Duggars have. 

Thank you for sharing this-I actually knew nothing about and it was amazing to read about 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Is 'Ee-vanj-ah-line' a common variation? I've never heard that before. I've only ever heard -leen.

I know both an Evangeline and an Angeline and they both pronounce them with a -line at the end

• Thank You 2

In their latest podcast apparently Jordyn Duggar is their guest? It’s bad enough Jinger going on about her ‘single’ years, heaven knows what wisdom Jordyn brings to the table. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

In their latest podcast apparently Jordyn Duggar is their guest? It’s bad enough Jinger going on about her ‘single’ years, heaven knows what wisdom Jordyn brings to the table. 

How to find solace in god when you are overlooked and forgotten? How to prepare for the inevitable lack of choice in your own future? How to start praying for the perfect husband and lots of home birth babies? How to hide sadness? How to stand out in a crowd? How to deal with the loss of your sister mom? 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 9

10 hours ago, Idlewild said:

My prediction is that it will be something like the kids in Jesus Camp- you're never too young to be a god warrior, how to start conversations about Jesus, how to be strong in your faith when your peers watch Harry Potter.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Here's a recap of how the episode went.

Lots of people worried about what Jordyn is being taught about consent- Jeremy bribes her into doing the podcast, which she initially said no to, then he ignores her when she says she doesn't want to be filmed. Guess that Very-Special-Sexual-Abuse-Education episode Michelle filmed with Jessa and Jill failed to teach the family anything.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

Probably should have written prevention instead of education, upon rereading. Well, I still think the whole thing was TLC'S way of covering the asses after the Josh scandals and make way for Jill and Jessa: Counting On to air.

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

Here's a recap of how the episode went.

Lots of people worried about what Jordyn is being taught about consent- Jeremy bribes her into doing the podcast, which she initially said no to, then he ignores her when she says she doesn't want to be filmed. Guess that Very-Special-Sexual-Abuse-Education episode Michelle filmed with Jessa and Jill failed to teach the family anything.

Why was Jeremy so damn fixated on Jordyn? Surely one of the other kids or older M kids would have been more willing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

How to find solace in god when you are overlooked and forgotten? How to prepare for the inevitable lack of choice in your own future? How to start praying for the perfect husband and lots of home birth babies? How to hide sadness? How to stand out in a crowd? How to deal with the loss of your sister mom? 

Don't forget all that training to be a future homemaker. Oops, my bad. The Duggars don't actually do that.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Why was Jeremy so damn fixated on Jordyn? Surely one of the other kids or older M kids would have been more willing. 

It just occurred to me why did Jordyn go with M to LA and not Johanna? Jinger was Johanna's sister mom, I remember video of Johanna holding Joy's hand while laboring w/ Gideon, so she's attended part of at least 1 birth.  Instead of going to LA to watch Felicity she went to OK w/ Jenni & the Forsyth's. 

So if M had Jordyn, Joy had Johanna & Jenni, who was watching Josie? Jana went to LA too, was she left w/ Anna?  

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

'Resignation for Pre-Teens'.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic