IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, crancraz said:

? agree. I know more babies born with them than without them. Really not a big deal and most fade completely with time. The photo Jinger posted on IG also looks like the angel kiss has been slightly edited out. But I think it’s an actual angel kiss birthmark and not just a scratch or bruising from birth and I bet they are vain enough to edit it out. Kind of gross. 

yep my daughter's went pretty much bang on the 18 months the midwife said. For a bit before that it was barely noticable and only really came up when she was hot or upset.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, kiwi said:

I just cant understand the need to be essentially doubling up on names this early in the grandkid game.

honestly, I see it as a healthy set of boundaries that these families are having similar names.

Basically, growing up I remember liking names and having my mom tell me "oh, we have a cousin with that name already!" and my young mind was always confused, wondering why I needed to change my future children name because of some family member I only see on holidays (and not always on holidays, even!) 

As an adult, my boyfriend loves a name... which happens to be my cousins husbands name. Honestly, idgaf if we have a son and name him that, because I am not going to change my name preferences to satisfy family members that I will see at holidays/ the occasional birthday party.

But maybe im just weird lol 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 7

Idk, I get that they are cousins but it’s still your sister giving her kid a nearly identical name to your kid just a few months after. Maybe it’s different with super large families but sisters shouldn’t do that IMO. 

18 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm curious to see which nickname they'll choose for her since Evie is already taken by Joy's last child.

Let's see... Jeremy calls Felicity "Noodle," so in keeping with THAT theme and because it is 2020 they may go with "Roni" (pronounced with a long o, as in macaroni and corona) ? or perhaps "Angelhair"

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If they had the name picked out, why should they change it after Joy announced her name? I wouldn't. For all we know the family knew JinJer's pick and Joy is the one who picked a similar name.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, crancraz said:

? agree. I know more babies born with them than without them. Really not a big deal and most fade completely with time. The photo Jinger posted on IG also looks like the angel kiss has been slightly edited out. But I think it’s an actual angel kiss birthmark and not just a scratch or bruising from birth and I bet they are vain enough to edit it out. Kind of gross. 

Completely gross. My kiddo has Mongolian spots (may be another name for them but her doctors have all called them this). I would lose my mind if someone edited them out; she is beautiful the way she is and doesn’t need to be altered. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Idk, I get that they are cousins but it’s still your sister giving her kid a nearly identical name to your kid just a few months after. Maybe it’s different with super large families but sisters shouldn’t do that IMO. 

Maybe this is my Australian accent showing, but I consider them quite different names, and wouldn't really bat an eyelid if they were sibling names, except to think to myself the parents like names that start with Ev. The way I pronounce them, all the emphasis is on the final syllable in Evangeline (eh-van-juh-LEEN), whereas the emphasis is on the first syllable in Evelyn (EH-vuh-len).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12

25 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Maybe this is my Australian accent showing, but I consider them quite different names, and wouldn't really bat an eyelid if they were sibling names, except to think to myself the parents like names that start with Ev. The way I pronounce them, all the emphasis is on the final syllable in Evangeline (eh-van-juh-LEEN), whereas the emphasis is on the first syllable in Evelyn (EH-vuh-len).

I'm American and thought I was missing something because I also do not find these names to be as similar as people are making them out to be. They're certainly no Joy-Anna and Johannah.

As far as nicknames, Joy's daughter is Evy (EH-vee). JinJer could go with Eva (EE-vuh) Which I think is different enough for cousins who don't even live near each other. Or they could go with the less obvious Angie.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Our pediatrician only allows one parent with the child HOWEVER makes an exception for newborn visits. Newborns can have 2 parents in the room. I’m guessing so a postpartum mom can have help if needed (recovery, lifting, PPD, whatever).

based on the photo in question I think Michele was in the office (like waiting area) but they didn’t necessarily let her in the room. 

that said it’s also possible they have a pediatrician that beds rules for families that don’t feel the need to be as distanced.

• Upvote 1

I don’t mind cousins having similar names. My 1st cousins have tons of middle names in common. Names like Lynn, Marie, Michael, etc. None of us care. And now that all my first cousins have kids, there are lots of similar sounding names and middle names. It’s not a big deal.

I have an Amelia Rae who is 8. If my cousin’s baby is a girl she will be Amelia Caroline. I don’t mind at all!!! We call my Amelia “Molly” and my cousin’s middle names are Amelia Caroline so in my mind it’s just perfect for everyone.
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

I have seven siblings and there’s...15 grandkids so far, I think?  There’s at least two middle names that a couple grandkids share, and a male/female name that two cousins have(think Joseph and Josephine).  I expect there will be more name sharing as time goes on and more of my siblings start having kids.

Nobody cares.  We all live far apart now so it’s not a big deal.

My great grandmother was the youngest of 12 kids.  There was something like 70 grandkids total from all of them.   There was a lot of name sharing by the end.  I think it’s fairly normal in larger families.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

As far as nicknames, Joy's daughter is Evy (EH-vee). JinJer could go with Eva (EE-vuh) Which I think is different enough for cousins who don't even live near each other. Or they could go with the less obvious Angie.

With all the talk about nicknames for Evelyn and Evangeline, I havent seen anyone suggest the most obvious...What About "Eve"?
*Fundie crickets.*    :potstir:

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Completely gross. My kiddo has Mongolian spots (may be another name for them but her doctors have all called them this). I would lose my mind if someone edited them out; she is beautiful the way she is and doesn’t need to be altered. 

The preferred name is dermal melanosis 

• Thank You 8

Ot they could go by Evy Mae and Evy Jo when they are together.

My mum and her best friend both have sons with the same first name, but different middle name, so they go by (names changed) Noah John and Noah Charles when we are together with them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I have two cousins named Jana (no, not Duggar) who were born in the same year. At one point one of my nonJana-cousins had a girl-friend called Jana. Luckily they split and he finally married a nonJana.

If I had grown up with sisters called Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah I would probably be convinced that Evelyn and Evangeline don't sound similiar at all.

My son was born with a birth mark similiar to Evangeline's. He is two years old by now and it is still visible. It's funny because it can change colour from blueish green to dark red, depending on his mood and temperature.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, LancetteShing99 said:

I have two cousins named Jana (no, not Duggar) who were born in the same year. At one point one of my nonJana-cousins had a girl-friend called Jana. Luckily they split and he finally married a nonJana.

Are they Jana like the Duggar or pronounced like Yarr-nah? I have never heard Jana pronounced that way outside of the Duggars but have known two Janas pronounced with a /y/. Is Jana an American name?

I know someone from Slovenia called Jana. Pronounced YA-na (it is also used in Catalonia, France, North Macedonia, Latvia, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Croatia, Germany, so a semi Pan-European name. The Scandi forms would be Jane, Janne, Jonna, Johanne/a). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Indeed, here in the Netherlands it would be YA-na (with a long A), or another version written like Janna would be YAH-na (with a short A).

I know in Croatia there is waterbrand called Jana.

Joy's baby is Eh-vee and Jinger's baby is Ee-vee. Both too similar for my taste. Realistically though, how much do Joy and Jinger have to do with each other anymore? They'll see each other at the occasional family gathering and that's probably about it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Joy's baby is Eh-vee and Jinger's baby is Ee-vee. Both too similar for my taste. Realistically though, how much do Joy and Jinger have to do with each other anymore? They'll see each other at the occasional family gathering and that's probably about it.

I think that is the key thing. I had 2 cousins ( from  separate families not siblings like J &J ) who gave their sons the same name - both after respective family members who had died. They lived at opposite ends of England & barely see each other - although Jinger & Joy are siblings they’re not going to be spending huge amounts of time together. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I know someone from Slovenia called Jana. Pronounced YA-na (it is also used in Catalonia, France, North Macedonia, Latvia, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Croatia, Germany, so a semi Pan-European name. The Scandi forms would be Jane, Janne, Jonna, Johanne/a). 

It's also a common Russian/Jewish (not Slavic) name - spelled Yana, Яна.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

With all the talk about nicknames for Evelyn and Evangeline, I havent seen anyone suggest the most obvious...What About "Eve"?
*Fundie crickets.*    :potstir:

image.png.a1a377597db402ed561b4ccdb372b534.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Eh-vee, Ee-vee and Ivy. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Eh-vee, Ee-vee and Ivy. ?‍♀️

Give Joshly and Anna’s nicknames for their daughters you could end up with an Ella or Elly in there too. 

• Upvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic