Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Recommended Posts

Cheetah
3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Evangeline Josepha would have been the prettiest combo in my opinion. Not to long or frilly. 

LOL we definitely have different definitions of both long and frilly.  That's 7 syllables...  my kid with 2 middle names (long story) still only has 6 without the last name.  My other 2 have 3 and 4 (first and middle combined).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patsymae
2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I was wondering the same thing. I’m curious to see if they use the French pronunciation (the one I’m most familiar with) or if they anglicize it. I’m surprised by the name because the Acadiens were Catholic and I thought Jermey didn’t like us. 

I very much doubt if the lovers of all things classical even know of Longfellow's poem, or who the Acadians are for that matter. I think they were thinking about evangelism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freethemall
3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

So in the last few weeks Michelle has been to the family conference in Texas, visited Justin at the Spiveys, hosted family night and now she’s at the doctors with a newborn. I know giving birth is a time when many women want their mum around but you think she’d take a few sensible precautions. 

Like wearing a real mask, not a bandana? Many places dont even allow those anymore as a mask replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
purple_summer

Can they stop using my family names? Thanks -management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VeryNikeSeamstress

Vangie Jo Vuolo sounds like a name for a track star or tennis player.

Huge Drag Race fan here, and living for the Vanjie nickname.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kiwi

I just cant understand the need to be essentially doubling up on names this early in the grandkid game.

Annabell / Bella
Evelyn / Evangaline

I guess their role models didn’t stray far from the Jo-names. Joshua, John, Joseph, Joyanna, Johanna, Josiah, Josie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FluffySnowball
15 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

Can they stop using my family names? Thanks -management 

My condolences... 😉

But I’m afraid once the Duggars stop breeding (aka never), we’ve all been affected, be it in terms of names or dates of birth. 

2 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I just cant understand the need to be essentially doubling up on names this early in the grandkid game.

Annabell / Bella
Evelyn / Evangaline

I guess their role models didn’t stray far from the Jo-names. Joshua, John, Joseph, Joyanna, Johanna, Josiah, Josie.

While I agree there are quite a few similarities already, I don’t actually mind.

At least the second gen couples pick names they like instead of worrying what their siblings choose for their kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinder Roles

Can we please agree to call her Miss Vangie?!?

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patsymae
1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Vangie Jo Vuolo sounds like a name for a track star or tennis player.

Huge Drag Race fan here, and living for the Vanjie nickname.

Vangie is the nickname I know for Evangelines. But have to say I kind of like Evy, Evie and Ivy. In a perverse kind of way.
Like Joseph, Josiah and Josie. Jana, Joy-Anna and Johanna. 

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

My condolences... 😉

But I’m afraid once the Duggars stop breeding (aka never), we’ve all been affected, be it in terms of names or dates of birth. 

While I agree there are quite a few similarities already, I don’t actually mind.

At least the second gen couples pick names they like instead of worrying what their siblings choose for their kids. 

And aside from Sexpest and Ofsexpest, they are at least giving them names that aren't themed by first letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia

I really like the name Evangeline, but I'm not the biggest fan of her middle name. Jo is totally fine, but to me it doesn't sound that good with her first and her family name. I'm curious to see which nickname they'll choose for her since Evie is already taken by Joy's last child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
medimus

I think it makes sense for them to have similar names as their cousins. They have similar backgrounds and are similar ages. It just makes sense for their tastes to overlap. I also don't think it really matters that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade
6 hours ago, freethemall said:

Like wearing a real mask, not a bandana? Many places dont even allow those anymore as a mask replacement.

I would have tossed her out.

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

ignore this 😒

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jakesykora

I'm just thrilled they didn't do a Maddie Brown (of Sister Wives) and name her ‎Evangalynn (well, I guess technically Evangalynn Jim Bob would be the real equivalent, but...the spelling of the first name is the part that really gets me more than Kodi as her middle name)

https://people.com/parents/sister-wives-maddie-brown-brush-welcomes-daughter-evangalynn-kodi/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PossumMagic
21 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s a gritter? 
edit to add will it be pronounced ending lyn or line? Personally I go back and forth because of the spelling. 
Maybe the nick name could be Evie as in eve because Evelyn is evy as in Chevy? 
 

I would have pronounced it Evangeleene. I guess because I know a couple of ladies called Angeline who pronounce it like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flossie

Regarding who and how many people are allowed in the room during medical visits, here's how it's playing out here:  

One person allowed in with a laboring mother.  Early on in the pandemic, that person was allowed to leave and return, but no substitutions allowed if that one person couldn't get back in.  (Like if the father had to leave and someone else wanted to step in.)  I'm not sure if that's still the same now, I've heard that some hospitals and birthing centers have moved to only allowing one person in and if that person left before the mother and baby were released, they can't go back.)

Everyone except the mother and newborn baby have to be masked at all times.

For parents taking a child to the doctor, only one parent or caregiver is allowed in.  For the pediatrition my daughter uses, parents are encouraged to use remote visits if possible.  For instance, my daughter wanted advice on a diaper rash that rose up suddenly and didn't respond to the usual treatment.  Since she had the ability to do it remotely, she talked to the doctor, showed what the rash looked like.  Doctor said the rash was a yeast infection, use over the counter athletes cream and call back if necessary.

For inoculations or visits that can't be taken care of remotely, she pulls up outside the doctors office and calls the reception desk.  A masked employee comes out to verify insurance and payment information, discuss what the appointment is about, and gather any information the parent would like the doctor to be aware of ahead of time.  Then daughter waits in the car until the office calls back, and she immediately is shown shown to an exam room to wait for the doctor.  All clinic employees are masked and gloved, and socially distance as much as possible, with the exam room thoroughly cleaned between each visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johannah

Vangie sounds like a nickname for female genitalia to me

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Vangie sounds like a nickname for female genitalia to me

I’ve been keeping my thoughts to myself but I keep thinking it sounds like a stripper name. I’ll come sit with you in the prayer closet. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluebirdbluebell
5 hours ago, Flossie said:

Regarding who and how many people are allowed in the room during medical visits, here's how it's playing out here:  

One person allowed in with a laboring mother.  Early on in the pandemic, that person was allowed to leave and return, but no substitutions allowed if that one person couldn't get back in.  (Like if the father had to leave and someone else wanted to step in.)  I'm not sure if that's still the same now, I've heard that some hospitals and birthing centers have moved to only allowing one person in and if that person left before the mother and baby were released, they can't go back.)

Everyone except the mother and newborn baby have to be masked at all times.

For parents taking a child to the doctor, only one parent or caregiver is allowed in.  For the pediatrition my daughter uses, parents are encouraged to use remote visits if possible.  For instance, my daughter wanted advice on a diaper rash that rose up suddenly and didn't respond to the usual treatment.  Since she had the ability to do it remotely, she talked to the doctor, showed what the rash looked like.  Doctor said the rash was a yeast infection, use over the counter athletes cream and call back if necessary.

For inoculations or visits that can't be taken care of remotely, she pulls up outside the doctors office and calls the reception desk.  A masked employee comes out to verify insurance and payment information, discuss what the appointment is about, and gather any information the parent would like the doctor to be aware of ahead of time.  Then daughter waits in the car until the office calls back, and she immediately is shown shown to an exam room to wait for the doctor.  All clinic employees are masked and gloved, and socially distance as much as possible, with the exam room thoroughly cleaned between each visit.

 It depends on the hospital.

In places where there was a huge surge, only the laboring mother was in. Sometimes the laboring mother had to wear a mask. One woman tweeted if I can wear a mask through my c-section and hospital stay, you can wear a mask to go to the grocery store. 

As far as leaving the hospital even before the pandemic, the hospitals have been letting the father stay. (According to friends who have babies.) The father can leave, but he can't come back. I have not heard of any father being allowed to come and go from the hospital during the pandemic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crancraz

I think they are photoshopping the birthmark off the baby’s forehead. In the recent Jeremy IG post, it is gone and the area between the eyebrows looks very airbrushed. 

Edited by crancraz
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
1 minute ago, crancraz said:

I think they are photoshopping the birthmark off the baby’s forehead. In the recent Jeremy IG post, it is gone and the area between the eyebrows looks very airbrushes. 

My daughter had her little "angel kisses" mark on her forehead. I was a bit worried about it and the midwife said that it goes away after about 18 months. the "stork marks" on the back of her neck she said would take longer if ever to go away. she is nearly five and still has those. No drama with those because they are covered with hair. I don't see the point of airbrushing a mark most babies have.... or airbrushing what could be perceived as a flaw. fuck that man. Babies could come out with two heads and people should call them beautiful. They are innocent and perfect from day dot. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crancraz
1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

My daughter had her little "angel kisses" mark on her forehead. I was a bit worried about it and the midwife said that it goes away after about 18 months. the "stork marks" on the back of her neck she said would take longer if ever to go away. she is nearly five and still has those. No drama with those because they are covered with hair. I don't see the point of airbrushing a mark most babies have.... or airbrushing what could be perceived as a flaw. fuck that man. Babies could come out with two heads and people should call them beautiful. They are innocent and perfect from day dot. 

💯 agree. I know more babies born with them than without them. Really not a big deal and most fade completely with time. The photo Jinger posted on IG also looks like the angel kiss has been slightly edited out. But I think it’s an actual angel kiss birthmark and not just a scratch or bruising from birth and I bet they are vain enough to edit it out. Kind of gross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
2 minutes ago, crancraz said:

💯 agree. I know more babies born with them than without them. Really not a big deal and most fade completely with time. The photo Jinger posted on IG also looks like the angel kiss has been slightly edited out. But I think it’s an actual angel kiss birthmark and not just a scratch or bruising from birth and I bet they are vain enough to edit it out. Kind of gross. 

yep my daughter's went pretty much bang on the 18 months the midwife said. For a bit before that it was barely noticable and only really came up when she was hot or upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.